Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Deleting Threads - ???????

I am not new here, and I know the bumping rule for the Buy/Sell/Trade section, but my thread was deleted thing morning after one bump? I am at work all day and decided to bump in the morning for my ONE bump for the day. I look to check it out and it is gone. What the heck?
bd3d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Did you list prices? I know they're pretty touchy about that.
afrobandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

It was a WTB thread. I am looking for Detroit Tiger autos that I don't have. I totally understand the rule about bumping, but I only did it one time. I could see if I bumped in the morning and then again at night, but I just planned on bumping it in the morning and that is it.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Maybe one of the MODs has something against the Tigers.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

If the bump occurred less than 24 hours after the thread was posted then that is why it was deleted.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
If the bump occurred less than 24 hours after the thread was posted then that is why it was deleted.
Confirmed.

You posted the thread at 10:22 pm last night

This morning you bumped it at 07:54 am.

By my math that's 9 hours and 32 minutes, well short of the 24 hour requirement.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Per the rules

General Rules and Guidelines for Buy/Sell/Trade - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN B/S/T

Quote:
Bumping - Please do not bump your threads excessively. If there is interest, your post will be read...remember to post a subject that is clear and informative and not just "LOOK HERE! WOW!". DO NOT bump your thread to the top unless it has been idle for more than 24 hours. By vote of the Blowout forum members failure to do so will result in the entire thread deleted
Notice is says nothing about it being 1 day, it states 24 hours.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Okay, I do understand that. Here me out: I only had time to get that information around (the cards I need) while I am at home at night. I didn't get any info from the night crowd, so I thought I would bump one time in the morning to get the morning crowd. I do understand that it is not 24 hours. But, most people would agree that different people look at different times of the day. I was just trying to hit both groups.

I am not trying to make anyone mad. I love it here and have not caused any problems (as far as I know ) Is there any way I can get the thread back and I won't break the 24 hour rule again. It took quite awhile to figure out the list of what I need and now it is gone.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Another rule, created because of the new wave of squid flocking here from other boards, that just boned this guy who obviously isn't really abusing the system.

Rules are rules so the MODs are just doing their job but its already obvious that some of these tools are finding ways to still bump their threads multiple times daily by either changing one price and letting everyone know or posting that they've sold a card INSTEAD of just editing the sold card from the original post which coincidentally doesn't bump the thread again.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Another rule, created because of the new wave of squid flocking here from other boards, that just boned this guy who obviously isn't really abusing the system.

Rules are rules so the MODs are just doing their job but its already obvious that some of these tools are finding ways to still bump their threads multiple times daily by either changing one price and letting everyone know or posting that they've sold a card INSTEAD of just editing the sold card from the original post which coincidentally doesn't bump the thread again.
Interpretation: bookyyyy - you're not fooling anyone when you lower your price by a buck as an excuse to bump your thread after two hours.
endthecurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

they're like the SS or KGB.. they'll swoop in and snatch yo sht in the middle of the night and make off into the night. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Sadly, the newbies/kiddies that can't read the freaking rules are putting the mods in a tough spot (they have to follow the rules) and making threads like that one get deleted. Come on, get a clue people: READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Its not just the younger members. I think a few older ones might be due for a culture shock as well. The younger guys are probably the ones breaking the bumping rules, but the older members tend to overdue their share of harassment, which really needs to be taken under control as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Its not just the younger members. I think a few older ones might be due for a culture shock as well. The younger guys are probably the ones breaking the bumping rules, but the older members tend to overdue their share of harassment, which really needs to be taken under control as well.
WOOHOO YEAH FISHY GET EM ALL BROTHER !!!!!....... except the guys who harass for all the right reasons. Even as MODs you guys know some of these people deserve everything they get.

I think you should just lose it and go on a banning rampage today, no wait.. tonight, I have to go out now and I don't want to miss this.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Here is the way I see it:

Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal for us. People flaming each other, minor/major broken rules, etc. happen every day. We crack down on everything we see and we are called out for being too harsh. Let a few things slide and we aren't doing enough. What the hell are we supposed to do?

The worst part about it is that it seems to be the older guys who constantly call us out about being too restrictive/lenient. And of those that constantly do it, they rarely post and when they do its pretty much for that reason. I was here before the mass exodus so I am familiar with most of them, but seriously, if your not going to be a productive member here and just show up to critique the mods, get a life and go somewhere else.

As for the illegal thread bumping, we are setting up stricter guidelines regarding warnings, suspensions, etc. But rest assured, Rob, Tony, Pat, and myself won't bat an eye over deleting threads for that reason.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #16 (permalink)

At least throw the guy a bone and copy/paste his list to a PM. That way he can repost and follow the rules (hint hint). It sucks typing up a list and getting it deleted by someone else.

As a lesson to everyone else. It might be in your favor to copy/paste any lists you make to a document that you keep. It might come in handy later on
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
WOOHOO YEAH FISHY GET EM ALL BROTHER !!!!!....... except the guys who harass for all the right reasons. Even as MODs you guys know some of these people deserve everything they get.

I think you should just lose it and go on a banning rampage today, no wait.. tonight, I have to go out now and I don't want to miss this.
i agree, but lets take it one step more.......delete all the threads and start with a totally clean board!!!!! that should get some attention
BIGAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

"Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal for us" In a nut shell!

New rules are hard to take anywhere but, if they are enforced 100% they will soon become the norm!!!

Might be crazy but, what if they were changed to 12 hrs that way day and night shift get to see them.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endthecurse View Post
Interpretation: bookyyyy - you're not fooling anyone when you lower your price by a buck as an excuse to bump your thread after two hours.
Right on cue - he did it again (this time, with an 'additional card' post) -

Abunch of older refractors for sale
Old 04-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Okay, I do understand that. Here me out: I only had time to get that information around (the cards I need) while I am at home at night. I didn't get any info from the night crowd, so I thought I would bump one time in the morning to get the morning crowd. I do understand that it is not 24 hours. But, most people would agree that different people look at different times of the day. I was just trying to hit both groups.

I am not trying to make anyone mad. I love it here and have not caused any problems (as far as I know ) Is there any way I can get the thread back and I won't break the 24 hour rule again. It took quite awhile to figure out the list of what I need and now it is gone.
My solution for this would be to wait until the next morning (9 Hrs + 24 Hrs) to bump the thread if you want a different group to see the thread.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endthecurse View Post
Right on cue - he did it again (this time, with an 'additional card' post) -

Abunch of older refractors for sale
Your link is broken.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Your link is broken.
I'm guessing Pat took it down between the time I posted and the time you read it

I, for one, love the rule (until I really really want to sell something really really fast, that is).
Old 04-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
At least throw the guy a bone and copy/paste his list to a PM. That way he can repost and follow the rules (hint hint). It sucks typing up a list and getting it deleted by someone else.

As a lesson to everyone else. It might be in your favor to copy/paste any lists you make to a document that you keep. It might come in handy later on
The honest problem I have with this is if the thread is deleted, and the user reposts it, what good is the rule and/or actions? In my opinion, deleting the entire thread should make guys much more cautious about doing the so called "bump." For sale theads, loose all your pictures and effort you put into it (I personally tend to have a copy saved in word...just in case), but I'd like to think the user will think twice. In all honesty, this isnt a big deal. Bump your thread every other day and we cut down on 1/2 the stuff thats flooding the forums.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

im getting a little sick of some members posting different cards in threads after 20 minutes intervals and every morning I wake up and they bump each one of them....I know the mods are working hard here, its just a little annoying though just saying

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

does this mean i can't have another iteration of my one card per 1/2 hr sale?!?!?!?!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote