Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can we limit Non-Sports Singles B/S?T to just cards?

Would it be possible to have a non-sport trading card buy/sell/trade section. . . which is what I believe this is intended to be, but there are constant posts for other stuff -- video games, buying iphones, dvds, etc, etc, etc. . .

Perhaps there can be an 'everything else' category for the stuff that isn't card related. . . or maybe I'm the only one who cares. . .

Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by webjon; 07-31-2010 at 12:48 AM.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

video games, buying iphones, dvds = none of those are sports singles.

fits perfectly to me.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Right. . . but video games, iphones and dvd's aren't Non-Sport Card singles. . .
Old 07-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would agree since I am here solely for non-sports but, there really aren't a lot of listings here on the average day to wade through. Usually, checking every day is a matter of seeing 2-3 listings in this section. If it was 3 pages, then yeah, that would be a problem.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

Where would you like for people to put it? There is no specific section for them to put it in as of yet, the mods are working on a section. Please hold on to your shorts for a few. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Better yet since your referring to putting stuff where it doesnt belong, how about this should of been posted in the suggestions area ??? (which BTW its been moved).

We're working on this..but think the forum might have to be shut down to do it (and Pat needs the time to do it as well)...providing we can convince him to do it.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Better yet since your referring to putting stuff where it doesnt belong, how about this should of been posted in the suggestions area ??? (which BTW its been moved).

We're working on this..but think the forum might have to be shut down to do it (and Pat needs the time to do it as well)...providing we can convince him to do it.
Fish I don't know how yall put up with all of the silly requests. I commend you and everybody else for making this site what it is...Thanks and BTW if you ever need a extra job try babysitting.....Its hard to make a baby stop crying....LOL
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Fish I don't know how yall put up with all of the silly requests. I commend you and everybody else for making this site what it is...Thanks and BTW if you ever need a extra job try babysitting.....Its hard to make a baby stop crying....LOL
Really? What exactly about my post was 'crying'? It was a simple question/request.

If this has been discussed elsewhere I apologize I didn't see it. I also missed the 'suggestion box' board when I scanned the list of boards since it is listed under New Members. . . As I've been a member here for 2 years I didn't pay as much attention to that board as was necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo
Where would you like for people to put it? There is no specific section for them to put it in as of yet, the mods are working on a section. Please hold on to your shorts for a few. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!!!!
If you'd read my post, I am requesting a new section. I've been on Blowout forums for nearly a year longer than you and I haven't seen it change. . . . which is why I requested it.

@iluvfish2 -- thank you, that was all that I was looking to find out.

Jon
Old 07-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
Really? What exactly about my post was 'crying'? It was a simple question/request.

If this has been discussed elsewhere I apologize I didn't see it. I also missed the 'suggestion box' board when I scanned the list of boards since it is listed under New Members. . . As I've been a member here for 2 years I didn't pay as much attention to that board as was necessary.

If you'd read my post, I am requesting a new section. I've been on Blowout forums for nearly a year longer than you and I haven't seen it change. . . . which is why I requested it.

@iluvfish2 -- thank you, that was all that I was looking to find out.

Jon
with 46 posts, lots of contribution!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

At the risk of getting beaten up again, for no reason. . .

It's been a year since I last mentioned this, and I know Rome wasn't built in a day (referring to post from last year). . .

The Non-Sport Buy/Sell/Trade section is getting busier and busier, but currently over half of the listings on the first page are for things other than non-sport cards. Any chance of a B/S/T area for non-card items, so the B/S/T for non-sport cards can be an area for non-sport cards?

As more and more non-sport releases and cross over releases are produced this is getting more and more noticeable.

Sorry if I've upset anyone.

Jon

Last edited by webjon; 07-13-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

It's been a year since I last mentioned this, and I know Rome wasn't built in a day (referring to post from last year). . .

The Non-Sport Buy/Sell/Trade section is getting busier and busier, but currently over half of the listings on the first page are for things other than non-sport cards. Any chance of a B/S/T area for non-card items, so the B/S/T for non-sport cards can be an area for non-sport cards?

As more and more non-sport releases and cross over releases are produced this is getting more and more noticeable.

Jon
The first page of the non-sports goes back two days, football goes back less than two hours. Don't think it's that big of a deal with maybe 10 threads max per day
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Jon

It's a legitimate request, don't let the responses get to you.

The section isn't used much and isn't hard to weed through, but you have the right to make any suggestion you like.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
The first page of the non-sports goes back two days, football goes back less than two hours. Don't think it's that big of a deal with maybe 10 threads max per day
Ditto and I am a non-sport guy as well. I check the category every two days or so and there are so few threads it is easy to sort through.

How often do you check the boards? I could see if you only check ever few weeks.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
How often do you check the boards? I could see if you only check ever few weeks.
Multiple times a day I come on -- I only look at non-sport cards. I see "Ohh new posts in the BST! Maybe there are some good deals!" and I click to see Iphones and watches.

I sincerely think that this is part of the reason that thread isn't used by folks who strictly collect non-sport cards.

Jon
Old 07-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

I agree, Jon (never saw this thread until now). While it's obviously not a big deal to those who don't frequent the non-sports forum, for those of us that do it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan67 View Post
Wow man, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
with 46 posts, lots of contribution!
Maybe there would be more contribution if the non-sports card section wasn't bogged down with iPhone and Sneaker offers.

I know I'm replying to really old posts, but ignorance lasts forever.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #16 (permalink)

MISC BUY/SELL/TRADE - Blowout Cards Forums

There you go. Now quit yer bitchin!