Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default USPS Prices for Photos, Returns

Since there were a few requests I mailed this week that I had a little more interest in being protected on the way back to me, I wrote "Do Not Bend" on the return SASE. But it looks like on the USPS site, postage might cost more for such items? If that's the case I don't think my postage is enough.

Second question, from awhile back I picked up on the suggestion that both the "From" and "To" address be mine on the SASE. If the postage is insufficient, how does that work? Will I get my item normally since it has my address as the "From" address even though the postage is wrong? Also, will the Post Office get thrown off at all by the "From" and "To" being exactly the same? Sorry for the long questions...
Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have both To & From on my SASE my address & I also write Do Not Bend on the back of the envelope & have never had a problem getting mine back.

Technically, you can have a letter that has both return & sending address the same address with NO stamp & it would still get to the address you put.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I have both To & From on my SASE my address & I also write Do Not Bend on the back of the envelope & have never had a problem getting mine back.

Technically, you can have a letter that has both return & sending address the same address with NO stamp & it would still get to the address you put.
I figured that. Obviously I'm not trying to cheat the system, but it just seemed weird that the USPS would send a "invoice" for the underpaid postage or whatever.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

I hear you.

I've never had a problem with SASE with both Sender & Return as me & writing Do Not Bend with sufficient postage.

I found a website a while back about some crazy postage things USPS delivered. Like an orange with an address on it or a baseball with Ernie Banks Wrigley Field written on it & it actually got to Wrigley Field. Bunch of weird stuff. lol Maybe I'll try to find the site.

Basically the Post Office will get anything where it is addressed.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

I got a SASE from Doyle Brunson that he included a pen in so it made the postage higher. They stamped the front of the envelope with ".70 cents due" but it still made it fine.