Blowout Cards Forums
Shop MyLocker.net Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,601
Default Steve McNair - RTS - Unsuccessful

I'm sorry I just had to share this. IMO this is one of the unfortunate things with some TTMers. He used the excuse "he didn't do his research" but I find that just inexcusable:

On 11/04/2010 I sent out LOR - SASE - 3 x 5 index card and a trading card. Today 11/29/2010 I received the envelope unopened and posted with RETURN TO SENDER.

Address Used:

Steve McNair
c/o M&T Bank Stadium - 1101 Russell Street
Baltimore, MD. 21230


Here's the thread if you wanna see it:

Fanmail.biz • View topic - Steve McNair - RTS - Unsuccessful
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,878
Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA
Default

lmao. thats jacked. hahahahahaha.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,334
Default

Gotta love fanatics who have to get their TTM fix of their "favorite" player that has been dead for almost two years. I believe McNair has been gone long enough for me to chuckle out loud at this guy.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,341
Default

Epic FAILURE!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I'm sorry I just had to share this. IMO this is one of the unfortunate things with some TTMers. He used the excuse "he didn't do his research" but I find that just inexcusable:

On 11/04/2010 I sent out LOR - SASE - 3 x 5 index card and a trading card. Today 11/29/2010 I received the envelope unopened and posted with RETURN TO SENDER.

Address Used:

Steve McNair
c/o M&T Bank Stadium - 1101 Russell Street
Baltimore, MD. 21230


Here's the thread if you wanna see it:

Fanmail.biz • View topic - Steve McNair - RTS - Unsuccessful
What a tool!!! Didn't McNairs wife/girlfriend murder him. No I didn't research it but I'm smart enough to remember who is dead & who is not!! I think I'll send a TTM for Knute Rockne to sign for me!! What's my chances??
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmannings#1fan View Post
What a tool!!! Didn't McNairs wife/girlfriend murder him. No I didn't research it but I'm smart enough to remember who is dead & who is not!! I think I'll send a TTM for Knute Rockne to sign for me!! What's my chances??
The big kicker for me, if I write to someone for an autograph it's because I'm a fan of that person, whereas some people send requests just to get autographs, even of people they don't follow. Common sense alone says if he was a true Steve McNair fan he would know he passed.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,315
Default

That's true Zacky. I've been thinking seriously of the TTM thing to get Peyton Manning to sign a card or 2 but I don't want him thinking I'm like the others who throw them up on ebay! Like you said a True Fan, I followed Mannings career since he entered U of Tennessee in 1994.
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,660
Default

manning could easily bypass worrying about people making money off him if he'd just put the persons name on the card....


Also, I almost pulled the same thing with Rod Beck. I was making one of my bulk photo purchases on ebay and bought Rod Becks photo to get signed. I totally forgot the guy died and I used to watch him in San Fran growing up... sad....

I collect autographs, both from my favorite players and other players. Whats wrong with that?
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
manning could easily bypass worrying about people making money off him if he'd just put the persons name on the card....


Also, I almost pulled the same thing with Rod Beck. I was making one of my bulk photo purchases on ebay and bought Rod Becks photo to get signed. I totally forgot the guy died and I used to watch him in San Fran growing up... sad....

I collect autographs, both from my favorite players and other players. Whats wrong with that?
What's wrong with what?? I think the point was a true fan of the athlete would know they're deceased!!!
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,660
Default

i agree. I was a fan of Rod Becks but wasnt obsessed with him. I just had completely forgot that he died. I was going to college when he died, 80% of the time I was drunk
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
i agree. I was a fan of Rod Becks but wasnt obsessed with him. I just had completely forgot that he died. I was going to college when he died, 80% of the time I was drunk
Well my argument would be that Beck's death was not nearly publicized as much as McNair's. You really had to live under a rock to not know about McNair's death, especially if the person mentioned in the OP was such a big fan of his.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,660
Default

i am still crossing my fingers that somehow my blanda will come back.... I sent it to him 4 days before he died...but I doubt it...

I did get Robin Roberts about a week before he died..... sad to see some of these guys go...
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.