Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ripken, Mantle, Robinson , Ryan Cards up for trade

Hey guys. I got bunch of cards that I need help seeing if these are real are not. I got over 20 cards of Cal Ripken Jr signed, 3 Eddie Murray cards sign, 1 Nolan Ryan cards signed, .. Please help! If you think they're real. Let me know..

Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

I hate to tell you this...but I think all those are fake
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

the mantle looks totally fake to me. the ryan looks off but everything else I dont know. The ripken looks legit, but how long has he not signed his full last name???
Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

The Ryan and Ripken look damn close to my own PC autos I have right in front of me. That doesn't mean they are or aren't legit but I don't see how someone could give you a surefire answer from looking at these pictures.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

On the Ryan...look at the "l" his l is usually a big loop...also on the "n" on Ryan, there's usually a hook at the end of the "n"...now it could be because he used a thicker type tip but it looks off.

Mantle is a complete fake...just a bad attempt to make it look some what real.

Eddie Murray is a left handed signer...his "d" usually slants more to the left like his "M" does.

Ripken is the only one I'm unsure of as I do not know his full signature but I would just assume it's not real since the others would be very questionable. Unless you got these in-person I would say they are not real...but again, just my opinion!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

The thing that throws up a red flag for me on the ryan is the fact that it looks like somebody took a lot of time writing it. Granted, his autos can be the most amazingly perfect autos, but the "R" looks like someone was trying to go very slow writing it out. But it could be totally legit. I would try and get PSA to look at them. I dont think they charge if they come back not authentic.
I would almost bet my life the mantle is fake. The thing that throws up a red flag for me is that its a stacked auto. I remembering reading an article that he rarely did this. Usually the only time he signed like that was if there was going to be another signature on the piece (some of his team photos, some UD cards, and baseballs where he knew someone else was signing). I am no expert, its just my opinion, and I would love it if they passed authenticity for you. good luck!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

If you send into PSA/DNA then you have to send in your $ which they will cash whether it's not real or not. The only place I know of that gives a free look is my lcs when they bring in PSA/DNA. I just turn in a bunch of stuff and if it passes I pay $10/coa and if it doesn't I get a verbal no. BTW Dan PSA/DNA will be at Mill Creek on the 24th and 25th of this month if you need to get something authenticated.

Also PSA/DNA charges $100 for any single Mantle auto...so you better be 100% sure it's real otherwise you are wasting $100 bucks!