Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
brave#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 359
Default baseballs through ttm

Who are good baseball players to send baseballs to get signed through ttm. I have seen somebody on here get a ball signed by bob ueker so I'm going to try him. Are the minor league prospects good ttm signers? Thanks for the help.
brave#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,821
Default

it all depends on the player. I am sure that mark buehrle, Pat Neshek, and bobby doerr would be sure fire ones to send to.
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford, TX
Posts: 2,051
Default

Before you send a ball, I would absolutely guarantee that the player sings through the mail. If they don't, you're out $20+.
Me personally, I wouldn't send a baseball through the mail. People don't realize how delicate you have to be with a baseball so it doesn't fade, and that nothing happens to the auto.
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
brave#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
it all depends on the player. I am sure that mark buehrle, Pat Neshek, and bobby doerr would be sure fire ones to send to.
I was going to send a card but I will send a ball. Does he sign at the white sox are only in spring training
brave#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
brave#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
Before you send a ball, I would absolutely guarantee that the player sings through the mail. If they don't, you're out $20+.
Me personally, I wouldn't send a baseball through the mail. People don't realize how delicate you have to be with a baseball so it doesn't fade, and that nothing happens to the auto.
How do you send it in a padded envelope with a return label in side
brave#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford, TX
Posts: 2,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave#1fan View Post
How do you send it in a padded envelope with a return label in side
Like I said, I wouldn't trust sending a ball through the mail to be signed, especially in an envelope.
Personally, if I were to do it, I'd send one in an actual box, and get a cube to put the baseball in with the box the cube came in. This is a cube I'm talking about: Ultra Pro Baseball Square Holder w/UV Protection - 81528 - $2.25 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Pack tissue paper around the ball, and pay for return shipping label, throw that in there, put the label to the player on it, tape it up and send it.
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,407
Default

I sent this in the mail to James Earl Jones and he signs baseballs ttm...granted it's not a player...but he was in Field of Dreams!



It even passed PSA/DNA!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/

Last edited by John91C; 04-05-2011 at 06:29 PM.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
Like I said, I wouldn't trust sending a ball through the mail to be signed, especially in an envelope.
Personally, if I were to do it, I'd send one in an actual box, and get a cube to put the baseball in with the box the cube came in. This is a cube I'm talking about: Ultra Pro Baseball Square Holder w/UV Protection - 81528 - $2.25 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Pack tissue paper around the ball, and pay for return shipping label, throw that in there, put the label to the player on it, tape it up and send it.
do not wrap it in tissue paper...as soon as you guys get baseballs throw away the tissue paper...it speeds up the toning/browning of the baseball. Store them in the plastic sandwich bags then put them back in the box, just an fyi...
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
brave#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehchamp View Post
Like I said, I wouldn't trust sending a ball through the mail to be signed, especially in an envelope.
Personally, if I were to do it, I'd send one in an actual box, and get a cube to put the baseball in with the box the cube came in. This is a cube I'm talking about: Ultra Pro Baseball Square Holder w/UV Protection - 81528 - $2.25 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Pack tissue paper around the ball, and pay for return shipping label, throw that in there, put the label to the player on it, tape it up and send it.
I am going to send a ball to bobby doerr I saw on a site were the guy sent him 2 8x10 and index card and signed all 4 of them and sent a note to send a ball and he would sign it and he did and in a week he got the ball back signed and I think that was a month ago when he did it
brave#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stafford, TX
Posts: 2,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
do not wrap it in tissue paper...as soon as you guys get baseballs throw away the tissue paper...it speeds up the toning/browning of the baseball. Store them in the plastic sandwich bags then put them back in the box, just an fyi...
Yeah, I meant for padding between the cube and the outside of the box.
tehchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I sent this in the mail to James Earl Jones and he signs baseballs ttm...granted it's not a player...but he was in Field of Dreams!



It even passed PSA/DNA!
Field of Dreams isn't even the best baseball film he has been in. The Sandlot is the best of one, man. Any chance you could PM me his addy?
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.