Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Tips On doing IP Autographs For the FIRST Time!

Any tips for a newbie trying to Get in person autographs for the 1st time?? Going to a trenton thunder game the 25th.. Any suggestions on how to get some autographs? where to get them? How early should i show up?? Sorry for all the questions
brendenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

When I go to the Columbus Clippers game, I normally get there as soon as gates open and hang out by the dugout.. as they come in and out some of them will stop and sign, others only sign for kids and some don't even acknowledge you. I notice a lot of people wait out back where the players leave, and lurk around until they are all gone, but I am not sure how successful they are with it.
NEED: 2010/11 SP AUTHENTIC Steve Alford Letter Autos A,O,R
g8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is a difficult question to answer. Each venue/team/individual is different. In general, if your venue allows you to enter early while the team is taking batting practice and the visiting team is arriving, that is the best time to get lots of players. This is especially true if there are very few people there (which is normally the case for the minor league games). Otherwise, try to get to the game right before the gates open so you can immediately head down by the dugout area (some parks might have other "hotspots" where players gravitate towards...or there are easy access). Also, in many cases you can get lots of players as they leave the venue after the game. My advice would be to pay attention to the other graphers at the game and you should be able to figure out the best locations. Good luck.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Bump help please
brendenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

mgugs46 is a pro with getting IP autos at Trenton Thunder games. Go early and hang out next to the dugout (outfield side). Know the players and ask them to sign when they walk by. I was with him to see Altoona play and every player from the Curve and coaches signed. There will also be a crowd outside of the players exit that gets guys to sign on the way out. I'm not sure about the Trenton players, but from my understanding, the visiting guys are generally pretty good about signing.