Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #376 (permalink)

6/24 return #13/13 (23 other TTMs from today posted on the previous page!!!)

Taijuan Walker c/o Jackson Generals in 14 days

My third Jackson General return of the day and 2nd personalized success!! Such a sick return from one of the best prospects in baseball (Seattle's #1). He's really putting it all together this year in AA, with a 2.46 ERA through 84 IP, with 96 Ks to boot. Still just 20 years old!

Last edited by Noahkalifungo; 06-25-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Noahkalifungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #377 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahkalifungo View Post
Thanks! I totally agree about personalizing and bible verses. For me, it's one of the things that makes TTM (and IP) autos so much fun and so unique. I've asked for other inscriptions in some of my LORs, but haven't really had too much success yet
When I was like 14 when Josh Hamilton started with the Rangers, he took his time more when he signed and used to add stuff like verses or "best wishes". I was so psyched during ST of that year to get an index card signed by him with the "Best wishes" added.

What I think is even cooler than just a plain signature is when Japanese players sign normally with the Kanji instead of their "English" signatures. Darvish isn't allowed to write his name formally in Japanese because his name is not Japanese, so he always just writes in katakana I think. But I got Hisashi Iwakuma and Kyuji Fujikawa this year and they both wrote differently because I had Japanese cards of them to sign. Iwakuma even put his Japanese number instead of his Mariners #
rukastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #378 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
When I was like 14 when Josh Hamilton started with the Rangers, he took his time more when he signed and used to add stuff like verses or "best wishes". I was so psyched during ST of that year to get an index card signed by him with the "Best wishes" added.

What I think is even cooler than just a plain signature is when Japanese players sign normally with the Kanji instead of their "English" signatures. Darvish isn't allowed to write his name formally in Japanese because his name is not Japanese, so he always just writes in katakana I think. But I got Hisashi Iwakuma and Kyuji Fujikawa this year and they both wrote differently because I had Japanese cards of them to sign. Iwakuma even put his Japanese number instead of his Mariners #
Awesome! I got 3 autos in oriental languages on 2012 Topps RCs:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #379 (permalink)

The top one is not "oriental" it's his English sig... lol
Old 06-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #380 (permalink)

That Chen auto is interesting, to say the least.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #381 (permalink)

i agree, i love how the chinese characters are written

Last edited by rukastar; 06-25-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
The top one is not "oriental" it's his English sig... lol
Lol either way, I can't read it
Old 06-26-2013, 12:41 AM   #383 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahkalifungo View Post
6/24 return #7/13 (see previous posts for more TTMs posted today)

James Ramsey c/o Springfield Cardinals in 11 days

Fantastic return from the Cardinals' first round pick (23rd overall) in 2012 out of FSU. He destroyed pitching in the Florida State League to open the 2013 season, earning a promotion to AA Springfield. Very pleasantly surprised to get this one back, and it's always a cool bonus to get a bible inscription.

I personally am satanic so I don't appreciate the bible verses I actually throw then away even when I get a harper auto. Jk

I always wondered if topps would allow someone to put "Allah Is God" as their inscription. Just wondering.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
I personally am satanic so I don't appreciate the bible verses I actually throw then away even when I get a harper auto. Jk

I always wondered if topps would allow someone to put "Allah Is God" as their inscription. Just wondering.
Haha yeah most inscriptions seem to be pretty tame, it would be interesting to see some edgier ones! Btw, I thought you might like to see these
I got a ton of other GQs that I haven't posted, I'll try to post them soon

Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #385 (permalink)

Very nice I sent to both of those guys last week. Did you email that chick for al kaline. Peggy I think is her name?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #386 (permalink)

This is one of my favorite inscriptions all time

And I'll have to pull it out of the archives but chael sonnen wrote on my note "keep kicking people's @$$es". Pretty funny he inscribed the cards #1 and in his note he also said "I am #1".

Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 AM   #387 (permalink)

Quote:

well I'm sure if the person was only trying to do it to see if they could get away with it, that it would obviously NOT be okay. If mormons like Harper and jesus freaks like Chris Davis or Josh Hamilton are "allowed" to, I don't see why a legit person of any faith couldn't write anything as long as they weren't just fooling around. Although those seem like the only people who write anything like it. I wonder how different it would be if any of the Jewish players did something like that, like wrote in hebrew although that would probably be cooler.
I always thought it would be interesting to write a biblical verse without being religious, not to do it for the heck of it or something but i've always liked the sound of it. if you're going to be someone like a baseball player mind as well use your influence for something

On a side note, if someone was a true satanist or scientologist or something I wonder if it would still be okay... LRH is lord

Last edited by rukastar; 06-26-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #388 (permalink)

Quote:
well I'm sure if the person was only trying to do it to see if they could get away with it, that it would obviously NOT be okay. If mormons like Harper and jesus freaks like Chris Davis or Josh Hamilton are "allowed" to, I don't see why a legit person of any faith couldn't write anything as long as they weren't just fooling around. Although those seem like the only people who write anything like it. I wonder how different it would be if any of the Jewish players did something like that, like wrote in hebrew although that would probably be cooler.
I always thought it would be interesting to write a biblical verse without being religious, not to do it for the heck of it or something but i've always liked the sound of it. if you're going to be someone like a baseball player mind as well use your influence for something

On a side note, if someone was a true satanist or scientologist or something I wonder if it would still be okay... LRH is lord
Ha ha. That's awesome. I'm sure topps would reject them if they were inscribed 666 or something to that degree. If I was a pro I'd inscribe all kinds of random crap. "ACL8R" "bottoms up!" "Sofa King RAD" "TUPAC LIVES!" "I love MILFS" "RIP Boner" you get the picture
Old 06-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #389 (permalink)

Quote:

When I was a kid my dad made me go to church, and I was always bored out of my mind. There was a Sunday night mass we would go to during the summer when my dad golfed in the morning, and they had full copies of the Bible in the pews, not just the prayer books and hymnals. So I would sit and read the Bible, because he wouldn't let me bring my other books in. We were by no means religious, I think he just thought I'd pick up stuff by osmosis. Devoid of context, or outside interpretation, there's a ton of sick stuff in the Bible: rules for raping women, waging war on rival tribes, how to acquire and keep slaves, etc. Stuff that I never really understood why it was there, but whatever. I would always go to Revelations, because it contained the most vivid imagery. My favorite verse was Rev. 12:1-5, because it was about a DRAGON EATING A BABY. For real, check it out. This was also in the early 90's when people started doing stuff like writing Bible verses in their autos, which I also thought was different and cool. I decided then, that if I ever get famous, that's my go to inscription. Or the one where Noah's daughters are checking out his dong. Either/or.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #390 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
When I was a kid my dad made me go to church, and I was always bored out of my mind. There was a Sunday night mass we would go to during the summer when my dad golfed in the morning, and they had full copies of the Bible in the pews, not just the prayer books and hymnals. So I would sit and read the Bible, because he wouldn't let me bring my other books in. We were by no means religious, I think he just thought I'd pick up stuff by osmosis. Devoid of context, or outside interpretation, there's a ton of sick stuff in the Bible: rules for raping women, waging war on rival tribes, how to acquire and keep slaves, etc. Stuff that I never really understood why it was there, but whatever. I would always go to Revelations, because it contained the most vivid imagery. My favorite verse was Rev. 12:1-5, because it was about a DRAGON EATING A BABY. For real, check it out. This was also in the early 90's when people started doing stuff like writing Bible verses in their autos, which I also thought was different and cool. I decided then, that if I ever get famous, that's my go to inscription. Or the one where Noah's daughters are checking out his dong. Either/or.
Ha ha that's awesome. Did you see the episode of its always sunny in Philadelphia where Mac confronts the tranny and her new black husband. He throws out that the bibles says gay marriage is bad and that everything in the bible is true. Then the black guy says "Exodus 21:20-21, “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

I remember in Sunday school a kid brought that up and in our "Sunday school bibles" those versus were missing. In a lot of bibles they have changed the verbiage of that specific verse. And also in exodus it talks about if a man gives his daughter to a slave owner she is now the slave owners property. He is free to do with her as he pleases. Very interesting because it says that it is a sin to have sex with another mans slave but doesn't say anything about your own. The bible is filled with all kinds of wonderful happy things
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #391 (permalink)

I got 4 TTM returns yesterday, which I'll post now, and another 10 today! That makes 27 in the last 4 days!!!

-----------

Casey Stevenson c/o Trenton Thunder in 9 days

Stevenson earned himself a AAA promotion this week, and proceeded to crush 2 HRs in his first game and another yesterday in his third game.

Hanser Alberto c/o Frisco RoughRiders in 15 days

Great return from the Rangers' Dominican prospect. He thumped a .299 / 8 / 72 line last year over two levels but has staggered a bit this year in AA. As a 20 year old, he has plenty of time to make adjustments.

Luke Gregerson c/o Padres PO Box in 13 days

Sweet return from the Padres' reliever. In 2010 he set the record for holds in a season with 40, and he has been excellent this year as well with a 2.67 ERA.

Mark Sappington c/o Inland Empire 66ers in 14 days

Great return from the Angels' 5th round pick last year and a solid SP this year at A+ IE. He wrote "Thanks for the love!" on the SASE, which I thought was kind of cool

Last edited by Noahkalifungo; 06-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Noahkalifungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #392 (permalink)

Awesome stuff as always! I usually use SCF for guidance on who to send to, but I just stick to this thread now (Sent to and got returns from Richie Shaffer and Bruce Maxwell in the same time frame as you did).
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #393 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Awesome stuff as always! I usually use SCF for guidance on who to send to, but I just stick to this thread now (Sent to and got returns from Richie Shaffer and Bruce Maxwell in the same time frame as you did).
Thanks so much, that means a lot to me! I'm glad I could help give ideas about good prospects to send to, that's one of my main reasons for posting. Congrats on the Shaffers and Maxwells, btw!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha ha that's awesome. Did you see the episode of its always sunny in Philadelphia where Mac confronts the tranny and her new black husband. He throws out that the bibles says gay marriage is bad and that everything in the bible is true. Then the black guy says "Exodus 21:20-21, “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

I remember in Sunday school a kid brought that up and in our "Sunday school bibles" those versus were missing. In a lot of bibles they have changed the verbiage of that specific verse. And also in exodus it talks about if a man gives his daughter to a slave owner she is now the slave owners property. He is free to do with her as he pleases. Very interesting because it says that it is a sin to have sex with another mans slave but doesn't say anything about your own. The bible is filled with all kinds of wonderful happy things
You also have to consider that the bible was not written down until like 1000 years after Jesus died... it's a collection of thoughts and stories passed down over the centuries - many of writers over the centuries after wrote and interpreted whatever they wanted and took out anything they didn't like. Also these were people who lived in a time when slavery was cool and women's rights were light years away. Not saying the bible is entirely bad, but i think of many of the stories like fables, like Aesop's... stories with a moral or point. Ex. lying is bad, killing is bad, stealing is bad, cheating is bad, and these things to fornication and greed and gluttony and all the other sins all usually end up with bad consequences anyway.

Do I think it has some good overall purpose? Sure... but I think people should be able to interpret it how they want and not told how to interpret it. That is to say it's not perfect, as nothing is
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #395 (permalink)

On to today's returns! I will post them in spurts as they upload

6/27 return #1/10

Dilson Herrera c/o WV Power (PO Box) in 12 days

Nice success from the 19 year old Pirates' prospect who has tallied up hits, HRs, and SBs at class A West Virginia. Great looking auto to boot!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #396 (permalink)

6/27 return #2/10

Jesse Hahn c/o Charlotte Stone Crabs in 10 days

Hahn underwent Tommy John surgery in 2011, and wrote me that pitching feels "better than ever" now. It sure seems like it, as he has compiled a 1.10 ERA through 14 starts!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #397 (permalink)

6/27 return #3/10

Matthew Summers c/o Fort Myers Miracle in 13 days

I was lucky to get this one back, as Summers was promoted to AA New Britain two days ago. He must have signed this one his way out the door! He was a very good SP through 14 starts with Fort Myers and in his one start so far in New Britain, however it seems that he just came out of the bullpen today so perhaps they're converting him to a reliever.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #398 (permalink)

6/27 return #4/10

Brad Miller c/o Tacoma Rainers in 16 days

After being drafted in 2011, Miller hit .415 in Clinton, then .334 last year in High Desert and Jackson. Having hit .350 so far in AAA with 11 HRs this season, Miller seems to be Major League ready and could be a good option for their future SS!

Old 06-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #399 (permalink)

6/27 return #5/10 (catching up on yesterday, then I'll post today's 3 returns)

Brandon Maurer c/o Tacoma Rainers in 12 days

Maurer was sent to AAA after a rough couple of months in the MLB, but seems to have found his rhythm with Tacoma and could make it back to Seattle before the season is over.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #400 (permalink)

6/27 return #6/10

Chad Carman c/o Lakewood BlueClaws in 14 days

Carman was drafted in 2012 out of OKCU, and had a sizzling start this year in class A Lakewood (.375 avg) before succumbing to injury in mid May. In the questions I asked who he thought was the best catcher in baseball was. His answer: "Me. Anyone who doesn't believe they are the best doesn't deserve to play." Cool answer!!