Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #601 (permalink)

The latest batch: TTM #30/35 (see others posted earlier!)

Steven Moya c/o Lakeland Flying Tigers in 12 days

Beautiful auto from the Tigers' #9 prospect. In Lakeland this year, Moya has tallied 15 doubles, 5 triples, and 11 homeruns. Got a pretty cool Spanish note from him about his experience in the DSL (Dominican Summer League): he says he was able to learn about the big leagues from all of the former players that were there watching/coaching!

Old 08-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #602 (permalink)

The latest batch: TTM #31/35

Stryker Trahan c/o Missoula Osprey in 14 days

Second time's a charm! I got a RTS from a wrong address the first time I tried to send to Trahan. This guy isn't just an awesome name- he was the DBacks' first round selection last year and is currently their #9 prospect! He wrote me that his highlight of his pro career was this jaw dropping collision last year (Trahan is the catcher):
Diamondback's Stryker Trahan Collision at Salt River Field - YouTube

Old 08-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #603 (permalink)

The latest batch: TTM #32/35

Tim Shibuya c/o Cedar Rapids Kernels in 8 days

Awesome return from the Twins' hurler, and a great addition to the Pro Debut set. The UCSD product has been dragged down by injury in his pro career, but has split the 2013 season between Elizabethton and Cedar Rapids, posting an impressive 2.25 ERA so far.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #604 (permalink)

The latest batch: #33/35

Ty Ross c/o Salem-Keizer Volcanoes in 9 days

Fantastic return from the LSU backstop and Giants' 2013 draftee. He is already 21 and has a fairly advanced approach, which should allow him to climb through the system pretty quickly.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #605 (permalink)

The latest batch: TTM #34/35

Walker Weickel c/o Fort Wayne TinCaps in 13 days

The Padres' selected Weickel last year with the 29th overall pick and reeled him into their system with a staggering $2 million signing bonus (the slot value was just $925,000). IMO they are botching his development, as they had him skip short season ball and now he is getting pummeled in low A. He was high school teammates with Reds' 2012 first round pick Jesse Winker, and told me that when Winker batted against him he grounded into a DP! Bragging rights to Weickel haha.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #606 (permalink)

The latest batch: TTM #35/35

Renato Nunez c/o Beloit Snappers in 11 days

Great return from the A's #5 prospect. He earned a $2.2 million signing bonus in 2010, and made his full season debut this year as a 18 year old. Nunez has serious power, as shown by his 19 HRs this season and 81 RBI. Unfortunately, he kept the Red Custom I sent him! I guess he liked it haha, I'll take that as a compliment.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #607 (permalink)

Some awesome returns there, congrats!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #608 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahkalifungo View Post
The latest batch: TTM #31/35

Stryker Trahan c/o Missoula Osprey in 14 days

Second time's a charm! I got a RTS from a wrong address the first time I tried to send to Trahan. This guy isn't just an awesome name- he was the DBacks' first round selection last year and is currently their #9 prospect! He wrote me that his highlight of his pro career was this jaw dropping collision last year (Trahan is the catcher):
Diamondback's Stryker Trahan Collision at Salt River Field - YouTube

Nice one. Trahan killed that guy!
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #609 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbomber33 View Post
Some awesome returns there, congrats!!!
Thanks! It was a very fun mailday haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
Nice one. Trahan killed that guy!
Yes he did- that guy looked so disoriented afterwards haha
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #610 (permalink)

6 returns to open the week!

---------

Cory Spangenberg c/o San Antonio Missions in 12 days

Awesome return from the #10 overall pick in the 2011 draft. He's a great young signer; this is my third success from him over the past couple years and an awesome addition to the Pro Debut set! I'm a little bummed about the faded black sharpie, but when you send to a guy this many times you can't expect all of them to come out well! Spangenberg earned a midseason callup to AA San Antonio, and is hitting .287/5/45 over both levels with 35 SBs. He should make it to Petco Park sooner rather than later!

Correlle Prime c/o Grand Junction Rockies in 10 days

Awesome return from the Rockies' 2012 HS draftee. He has played all of 2013 so far in short season GJ, where he has played 43 games and is hitting .305/6/32 with 9 steals. At 6'5, he could definitely mature into an all-star caliber first baseman.

Matt Price c/o Frederick Keys in 11 days

Sick return from the O's relief prospect and their 7th round pick in 2012. As noted in the awesome inscription, he had plenty of success at South Carolina, winning the CWS with the Gamecocks twice. This year, he was pitching very well in low A (2.70 ERA, 21 K's in 20 innings) to earn a high A promotion, where he has struggled so far.

Lex Rutledge c/o Frederick Keys in 11 days

Another great return from an O's relief prospect, Lex being their 6th round pick in 2012. He played his college years at Samford, where he garnered scout's attention with his electric fastball that he can crank up to 98 mph. He too had a great opening to the season in low A (1.48 ERA, 43.1 innings with 54 strikeouts, just 28 hits allowed) and earned a high A promotion a few weeks ago.

Justin Grimm c/o Rangers in 23 days

Shocked to get this back, as he was traded to the Cubs just two days after I sent it. They must have forwarded him his mail in AAA, as the SASE was stamped from Des Moines, IA (the Iowa Cubs). Grimm was the most experienced player in the Cubs' haul from the Garza trade.

Rosell Herrera c/o Asheville Tourists in 14 days

Possibly my favorite return of the day. Rosell may be up there with Tyler Glasnow for the best player without a Bowman card yet. The young Dominican SS is having a sensational year, with an insane .355/16/75 line and 20 SBs. He is slugging .544 and has an OPS of .976!!! I was glad to get a nice response to my Spanish note, one of the things he wrote was "Bendiciones, Gracias por seguirme" (Blessings, thanks for following me). Overall a great success!

Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #611 (permalink)

Finally sending out some more requests for the first time in a couple weeks! Will update the thread later on if I get any successes today.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #612 (permalink)

Quote:
6 returns to open the week!

---------

Cory Spangenberg c/o San Antonio Missions in 12 days

Awesome return from the #10 overall pick in the 2011 draft. He's a great young signer; this is my third success from him over the past couple years and an awesome addition to the Pro Debut set! I'm a little bummed about the faded black sharpie, but when you send to a guy this many times you can't expect all of them to come out well! Spangenberg earned a midseason callup to AA San Antonio, and is hitting .287/5/45 over both levels with 35 SBs. He should make it to Petco Park sooner rather than later!

Correlle Prime c/o Grand Junction Rockies in 10 days

Awesome return from the Rockies' 2012 HS draftee. He has played all of 2013 so far in short season GJ, where he has played 43 games and is hitting .305/6/32 with 9 steals. At 6'5, he could definitely mature into an all-star caliber first baseman.

Matt Price c/o Frederick Keys in 11 days

Sick return from the O's relief prospect and their 7th round pick in 2012. As noted in the awesome inscription, he had plenty of success at South Carolina, winning the CWS with the Gamecocks twice. This year, he was pitching very well in low A (2.70 ERA, 21 K's in 20 innings) to earn a high A promotion, where he has struggled so far.

Lex Rutledge c/o Frederick Keys in 11 days

Another great return from an O's relief prospect, Lex being their 6th round pick in 2012. He played his college years at Samford, where he garnered scout's attention with his electric fastball that he can crank up to 98 mph. He too had a great opening to the season in low A (1.48 ERA, 43.1 innings with 54 strikeouts, just 28 hits allowed) and earned a high A promotion a few weeks ago.

Justin Grimm c/o Rangers in 23 days

Shocked to get this back, as he was traded to the Cubs just two days after I sent it. They must have forwarded him his mail in AAA, as the SASE was stamped from Des Moines, IA (the Iowa Cubs). Grimm was the most experienced player in the Cubs' haul from the Garza trade.

Rosell Herrera c/o Asheville Tourists in 14 days

Possibly my favorite return of the day. Rosell may be up there with Tyler Glasnow for the best player without a Bowman card yet. The young Dominican SS is having a sensational year, with an insane .355/16/75 line and 20 SBs. He is slugging .544 and has an OPS of .976!!! I was glad to get a nice response to my Spanish note, one of the things he wrote was "Bendiciones, Gracias por seguirme" (Blessings, thanks for following me). Overall a great success!

I love seeing all the successes you get back, but dang it, I was going to send to some of those guys thinking nobody else will.
Oh well, I'll still send to them. Good luck with this next shipment of TTM's.
Superduperman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #613 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superduperman99 View Post
I love seeing all the successes you get back, but dang it, I was going to send to some of those guys thinking nobody else will.
Oh well, I'll still send to them. Good luck with this next shipment of TTM's.
Haha thanks man, I'm sure they'll be glad to sign for you as well. Would love to see your successes!

2 returns today, Giants-Dodgers style:

Matt Magill c/o Albuquerque Isotopes in 13 days

Nice return from the Dodgers' #5 prospect. He has basically outgrown the minors; this year in AAA he is 4-0 with a 2.54 ERA and 77 K's in 63.2 innings. He has made 6 big league starts this year, but has struggled, walking 28 in 27.2 innings. If he refines his command, Magill could be yet another addition to the Dodgers' powerful rotation.

Clayton Blackburn c/o San Jose Giants in 14 days

Sweet return (my second) from the Giants #2 prospect and one of my two PC prospect stashes. I began investing when he was the #13 prospect, and now have about 25 base autos and dozens of different color autos, as well as other random parallels. Maybe I'll post the stash here sometime. In his last 6 starts, Blackie has racked up 40 innings with a glittering 1.35 ERA. In the hitter-friendly Cal league, he is among the league leaders in ERA, innings, strikeouts, WHIP, and a few other stats. Glad to add another custom as well!

Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #614 (permalink)

Been a pretty slow week, just one more return today.

Chris Owings c/o Reno Aces in 15 days

Awesome return from the D-Backs #3 prospect. He's a AAA shortstop who was just 21 until Monday, and is having a terrific season. His line with the Aces: .331-12-73 and 16 SBs!! He will likely follow Davidson to the majors fairly soon.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #615 (permalink)

One more today.

Andrew Clark c/o Trenton Thunder in 14 days

In 2011, Clark had a great year over two levels in the Rangers' system, posting a
.310-14-72 line. The next year, he decided to walk away from baseball and his career seemed to be over, but he signed with the Yankees this year and is now playing for their AA affiliate! Great addition to the PD set.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #616 (permalink)

Had an awesome mailday after a bit of a slump, got 4 TTMs and 7 more cards from one awesome trade!!

Chris Stratton c/o Augusta Greenjackets in 16 days

Fantastic return from the Giants' first round pick and our #3 prospect (MLB list him as #4 but he's WAY better than Kickham IMO haha). Stratton made his full season this year in class A Augusta and had a pretty solid first half. After the all-star break, he really heated up (2.48 ERA since then). On the year, the Mississippi product is 8-3 with a 3.08 ERA and 117 K's across 120 innings.

Mike Morin c/o Arkansas Travelers in 14 days

Awesome return from the former Tarheel, current Angel prospect. Morin is having a ridiculous season from the 'pen, appearing in 49 games and striking out 64 batters, while crafting a 1.74 ERA. He was only drafted last year, but could be in Anaheim as soon as next year!

Zach Bird c/o Ogden Raptors in 15 days

Nice return from the Dodgers' #15 prospect. He was drafted last year out of high school, and has plenty of potential with a plus fastball and a pitcher's frame. He has struggled with his command a bit in pro ball but has plenty of time to adjust. Gotta love the "birds" drawn above and below the auto for style points!!!

Jamie Moyer c/o home in about 60 days

Great return from a baseball icon of longevity. Not every pitcher can say they pitched when they were 49!

Very excited that my first TTM/IP auto trade went so well! I'm pumped to add 6 Pro Debuts and 1 Gypsy Queen to my sets, and most of them are IP autos I wouldn't have been able to get TTM. Thanks again Alex! Here's the haul:

Travis Taijeron (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Awesome auto from the Mets' OF slugger prospect. Taijeron received a mid season callup to AA Binghamton, and over both levels has compiled an impressive .277-20-60 line, with 34 doubles to boot!

Danny Muno (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Another Pro Debut in Cyclones uni haha. Muno won the CWS with Fresno State in '08, then was drafted by the Mets in 2011. He is having a good year in AA, hitting .259-9-66 with 13 SBs.

Jose Ramirez (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

In his US debut in 2011, Ramirez led the Indians' entire organization in hitting with a .325 avg. This year, the 20 yr old is in AA and is hitting .273 with 35 SBs.

AJ Cole (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Starting to get into the top 100 prospects now! Cole is the #86 overall prospect and the Nats' #4. They drafted him back in 2010, then sent him to the A's in the Gio Gonzalez trade, then got him back in the Mike Morse three way trade this offseason! Cole has an electric fastball that has always kept scouts close to their radar guns, and is having a very impressive 2013 in high A and AA.

Noah Syndergaard (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Awesome auto from my namesake, and the #13 prospect in baseball (the Mets' #1). The Dickey trade is looking better and better for the Mets; Syndergaard has been lights out since his AA promotion- he is 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA and 54 strikeouts over 46 innings. He was also the starting pitcher for Team USA in the 2013 Futures Game!

Jameson Taillon (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Another great addition, this one from the #11 prospect in baseball (the Pirates' #1). He has a live fastball that can reach 97 pretty easily, and a curve and change that will have a chance at being plus pitches at the major league level. The one-two punch of Gerrit Cole, Jameson Taillon could leave the Bucs in playoff contention for years to come!

James McDonald (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Lastly, a great addition to the Gypsy Queen set. McDonald is among the streakiest pitchers in baseball; last year he was at times the Pirates' ace, and this year he was sent to AAA and has struggled. He has a very nice repertoire and it would be great to see him regain his status as a middle-of-the-rotation pitcher.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #617 (permalink)

3 more returns today:

Alberto Cabrera c/o Iowa Cubs in 24 days

Awesome return from the Cubs' #20 prospect. He struck out 27 over 21.2 innings last year in the majors (his rookie season) and started 2013 well as a starter in AA but has struggled as a reliever since being called up to AAA.

John Kuchno c/o West Virginia Power in 17 days

Awesome return from the 2012 draftee and Bucs' starting pitchier prospect. He has been impressive this year in the Sally, going 8-5 with a 4.01 ERA and 112.1 innings pitched.

Kyle McClellan c/o Frisco RoughRiders in 24 days

Awesome auto from the Rangers' reliever who is currently in AA. He has played 5 seasons in the majors, his best coming in 2010 (2.27 ERA over 75.1 innings).

Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #618 (permalink)

Quote:
Had an awesome mailday after a bit of a slump, got 4 TTMs and 7 more cards from one awesome trade!!

Chris Stratton c/o Augusta Greenjackets in 16 days

Fantastic return from the Giants' first round pick and our #3 prospect (MLB list him as #4 but he's WAY better than Kickham IMO haha). Stratton made his full season this year in class A Augusta and had a pretty solid first half. After the all-star break, he really heated up (2.48 ERA since then). On the year, the Mississippi product is 8-3 with a 3.08 ERA and 117 K's across 120 innings.

Mike Morin c/o Arkansas Travelers in 14 days

Awesome return from the former Tarheel, current Angel prospect. Morin is having a ridiculous season from the 'pen, appearing in 49 games and striking out 64 batters, while crafting a 1.74 ERA. He was only drafted last year, but could be in Anaheim as soon as next year!

Zach Bird c/o Ogden Raptors in 15 days

Nice return from the Dodgers' #15 prospect. He was drafted last year out of high school, and has plenty of potential with a plus fastball and a pitcher's frame. He has struggled with his command a bit in pro ball but has plenty of time to adjust. Gotta love the "birds" drawn above and below the auto for style points!!!

Jamie Moyer c/o home in about 60 days

Great return from a baseball icon of longevity. Not every pitcher can say they pitched when they were 49!

Very excited that my first TTM/IP auto trade went so well! I'm pumped to add 6 Pro Debuts and 1 Gypsy Queen to my sets, and most of them are IP autos I wouldn't have been able to get TTM. Thanks again Alex! Here's the haul:

Travis Taijeron (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Awesome auto from the Mets' OF slugger prospect. Taijeron received a mid season callup to AA Binghamton, and over both levels has compiled an impressive .277-20-60 line, with 34 doubles to boot!

Danny Muno (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Another Pro Debut in Cyclones uni haha. Muno won the CWS with Fresno State in '08, then was drafted by the Mets in 2011. He is having a good year in AA, hitting .259-9-66 with 13 SBs.

Jose Ramirez (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

In his US debut in 2011, Ramirez led the Indians' entire organization in hitting with a .325 avg. This year, the 20 yr old is in AA and is hitting .273 with 35 SBs.

AJ Cole (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Starting to get into the top 100 prospects now! Cole is the #86 overall prospect and the Nats' #4. They drafted him back in 2010, then sent him to the A's in the Gio Gonzalez trade, then got him back in the Mike Morse three way trade this offseason! Cole has an electric fastball that has always kept scouts close to their radar guns, and is having a very impressive 2013 in high A and AA.

Noah Syndergaard (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Awesome auto from my namesake, and the #13 prospect in baseball (the Mets' #1). The Dickey trade is looking better and better for the Mets; Syndergaard has been lights out since his AA promotion- he is 5-0 with a 1.76 ERA and 54 strikeouts over 46 innings. He was also the starting pitcher for Team USA in the 2013 Futures Game!

Jameson Taillon (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Another great addition, this one from the #11 prospect in baseball (the Pirates' #1). He has a live fastball that can reach 97 pretty easily, and a curve and change that will have a chance at being plus pitches at the major league level. The one-two punch of Gerrit Cole, Jameson Taillon could leave the Bucs in playoff contention for years to come!

James McDonald (trade with Alowe1034- thanks!)

Lastly, a great addition to the Gypsy Queen set. McDonald is among the streakiest pitchers in baseball; last year he was at times the Pirates' ace, and this year he was sent to AAA and has struggled. He has a very nice repertoire and it would be great to see him regain his status as a middle-of-the-rotation pitcher.

Nice Taillon..hopefully he'll be up in the big soon.
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #619 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
Nice Taillon..hopefully he'll be up in the big soon.
Thanks! Can't wait to see him deal in PNC Park.

2 returns today, both sent out over 50 days ago:

Ben Rowen c/o Frisco RoughRiders in 63 days

I was worried that I wasn't going to get this one back because he was promoted to AAA three days after I sent to him, but looks like the Rangers' minor league forwarding system came through! Rowen has played 4 full seasons and has never posted an ERA over 1.98. This year, the submarine hurler has been perhaps the most dominant reliever in the minors (even ahead of CJ Riefenhauser). In AA and AAA, Rowen has surrendered just 4 ER over 59.2 innings (0.60 ERA) with 55 strikeouts and a WHIP of 0.90. He should be ready to join the big league club very soon.

Jim Leyland c/o Tigers in 54 days

Awesome surprise return from the Tigers' skipper. He is a three-time MOY (manager of the year) who won three straight division titles with the Pirates ('90, '91, '92), and is one of seven managers all-time to win a pennant in both leagues.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #620 (permalink)

3 returns today:

Jared Burton c/o Twins in 26 days

Great return from one of the Twins' most reliable relievers. With his "splangeup" (splitter-changeup), he has crafted a 2.95 ERA from the 'pen this year.

Sean Buckley c/o Bakersfield Blaze in 8 days

Very fast return considering Buckley has been on the DL since early April. He is a tall DH who slugged 14 HRs in his pro debut in '11, and 14 more last year with Dayton.

Felipe Rivero c/o Charlotte Stone Crabs in 8 days

Wow!! I sent Felipe one card and get back three, one certified! Very generous from the Venezuelan LHP and the Rays' #19 prospect. He is having a great season in high A, with a 3.68 ERA over 117.1 innings.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #621 (permalink)

5 great returns today!

Yadiel Rivera c/o Brevard County Manatees in 8 days

Rivera is one of the best defensive shortstops in the Florida State League, and if he can improve at the plate then he could end up in Miller Park in the next few years.

Jonathan Sandfort c/o GCL Pirates in 8 days

The Pirates have had a lot of draft success in recent years by nabbing tough HS signers in the 2nd-10th rounds and luring them into pro ball with appealing signing bonuses (Nick Kingham, Tyler Glasnow). Sandfort, a 3rd round pick in 2012, may be the next in line, with an advanced curveball and a good overall feel for pitching. He is just 18 and will likely take at least a few more years before he's big league ready.

Luis Merejo c/o Danville Braves in 22 days

Awesome return from the Braves' #15 prospect. Last year, he was the youngest player in pro ball at age 17 and finished 3rd in the league with 53 K's in 41 innings. This year, he was put on the 60 day DL in July with an undisclosed injury, and won't pitch again until Spring Training.

Clint Frazier c/o AZL Indians in 31 days

Sick return from the #5 overall pick in this year's draft and the Indians' #3 prospect (behind Lindor and Bauer). He has annihilated AZL pitching so far and is slugging .535 through 39 games with 11 doubles, 5 triples, and 5 homeruns. I love the twitter handle inscription!

Kyle Smith c/o Lancaster JetHawks in 6 days

Very fast return from the Astros' end of the Justin Maxwell deal. He was having an excellent year in high A with the Blue Rocks (2.85 ERA, 104.1 innings, 96 strikeouts) before the trade. He three starts with his new team have been a roller coaster: first, he failed to escape the first inning after surrendering 4 hits and 3 walks, then he threw a complete game, 2 hit 0 walk shutout with 9 strikeouts, and then most recently he allowed 5 ER though 5.2 innings. Awesome auto, good choice by Kyle to use silver!!

Old 08-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #622 (permalink)

Nice ones. I like the Frazier.
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #623 (permalink)

Frazier's auto seems to have gotten a little sloppier. Either he's signing all of his TTM requests, or he signed for Topps for Bowman Draft...

Awesome stuff, nonetheless!
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #624 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
Nice ones. I like the Frazier.
Thanks! I like it too, AZL addresses are always tricky so I'm glad to see it back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Frazier's auto seems to have gotten a little sloppier. Either he's signing all of his TTM requests, or he signed for Topps for Bowman Draft...

Awesome stuff, nonetheless!
Thanks! Good point about the auto, he also changed the jersey # that he inscribes!!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #625 (permalink)

Got 11 returns from the past couple days to post, scans are uploading now!!