Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #126 (permalink)

Got a chance to update with 4 successes......

Marquise Goodwin
C/O Buffalo Bills in 89 days and signed 3/3
Very nice success from the Bills speedy WR. This is a timely success since Goodwin caught a nice 40 yard TD from Thad Lewis in last weeks game. I think Goodwin will be a big play guy for the Bills not only as a WR but a kick returner as well. I also like how he added Hook 'em on both of the cards were he is in a Texas uniform.

Antoine Carr
C/O Home in 79 days and signed 2/2 and included 2 signed index cards
Cool success from a very underrated center who enjoyed a nice long career in the NBA. Carr was before his time in his style of play, he was undersized but could shoot real well from the center position. Carr hasent been a real good signer over the years so when I saw a recent success from Carr I sent to him right away. This is a very nice add to my 1990-91 Fleer set.

Urijah Faber
C/O Home in 74 days and signed 5/5
This is my second success from Mr. Faber and Im happy he is still a very good signer. He has big fight against Michael Mcdonald(Who I also got back recently) on December 14 at UFC on Fox 9.

Erik Koch
C/O Gym in 80 days and signed 6/6
Very nice success from the #8 ranked featherweight according to Sherdog. Unfortunately, Koch lost his last fight against Dustin Poirier at UFC 164 and I hope he can rebound in his next fight. I really wish Koch would have signed on the relic with the silver sharpie, I think it would have looked really nice but I cant complain when he signed all my cards.

Last edited by ConRyl; 10-19-2013 at 02:49 AM.
ConRyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #127 (permalink)

1 success I have gotten in recently....

Kyle Gibson
c/o Rochester Red Wings in 149 days and signed 1/1
Nice success from the Twins SP, took awhile buy glad I got it back. He was highly touted prospect in the Twins organazation and made his MLB debut June 29 against the Royals in which he got the win. This is a nice addition to my 2011 Heritage Minors set.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #128 (permalink)

Great returns
Tebowliever15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:10 AM   #129 (permalink)

Finally get another chance to update this thread with 13 successes...
(These return dates are rough estimates)

Justin Maxwell
C/O Kansas City Royals in 107 days and signed 2/2
Cool success from the Royals OF. He had a pretty good year with the Astros hitting 18 Home Runs and the was traded to the Royals later in the 2013 season. I needed the 2013 Topps for my set.

Scott Downs
C/O Atlanta Braves in 110 days and signed 2/2
Nice success from the veteran pitcher. He has been a starting pitcher, relief pitcher, and closer throughout his career. He was always a underrated pitcher and is a free agent entering the 2014 season. I also needed the 2013 topps for my set.

Ryan Lindley
C/O Arizona Cardinals in 170 days and signed 7/7
Nice success from the Cardinals backup QB. He got the chance to start last year vs. the Rams but struggled and I hope he can continue to progress, he has all the skills in the world but is inconsistent. I said in my letter he could keep as many as he wanted but he was nice enough to sign all of them, even including bible inscriptions on a couple of the cards.

Kordell Stewart
C/O WZGC FM in 30 days and signed 5/5
Very nice success from one of the most versitile players in the NFL. He is one of the only pro QB's who played WR and returned kicks as well. He had the nickname "slash" for playing so many positions in the NFL. I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Stewart at the University of Colorado and he was very nice and made me even more of a fan.

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
C/O Home in 30 days and signed 3/3 and included and cool oversized Packers card.
Awesome success from one of my favorite Packer players of all-time. He is still the Packers all-time leader in sacks and in my opinion was one of the most underrated pass rushers in his prime. He was nice enough to inscribe PHOF '13 for Packers Hall of Fame in which he was inducted into in 2013. He also wrote Jesus! on all of the cards which is pretty cool. Really nice success!

Niklas Hjalmarsson
C/O Chicago Blackhawks in 176 days and signed 1/3
Very nice from the Blackhawks D-Man. He is pretty underrated and often gets overshadowed by Keith and Seabrook, but he is always been a solid player in his time in Chicago. He is a 2 time stanley cup champion and I hope he can help bring in many more to come.

Dominick Cruz
C/O Gym in 120 days and signed 4/6.
Very nice success from the previously #1 ranked bantamweight fighter, but is not currently ranked due to inactivity. He is making his return Feb. 1st, 2014 at UFC 169 in a big fight against Renan Barao. This should be a very fun and exciting fight to watch.

Brian Stann
C/O Warriors Legion MMA in 112 days and signed 6/6 and included 2 signed cards.
Very cool success from a true american hero. I have wanted to get Stann for ALONG time and have sent to him 3 seperate occasions. Stann had a highly decorated military career and I highly recommend reading his story as it his very inspirational. I love the picture of Stann with the American Flag and was really happy he inscribed "All-American" on it. He recently retired from the UFC and I hope for nothing but the best to him outside of the cage.

Clay Guida
C/O Home in 119 days and signed 6/6 and he even included a signed index card.
Very cool success from the #5 ranked featherweight in the world. I really like getting the UFC posters signed and this will probably be going out to Gray Maynard soon. As always I wrote in my letter that he could feel free to keep as many cards they want, but these UFC fighters are great signers TTM.

Daniel Cormier
C/O AKA Gym in 298 days and signed 3/3
Took a long time, but Im glad I got a nice return from Mr. Cormier. He had highly decorated ameuter wrestling background and has translated that to highly successful MMA career. I like the gold pen he choose to use, but i wish he would have let the pen dry because all three cards had some kind of smudge on the signature, still a great success none the less.

Ryan Bader
C/O Power MMA & Fitness in 111 days and signed 6/6.
Very nice success from the #9 ranked Light heavyweight in the world. He unfortunately loss his last fight to Glover Teixeira and I hope he can rebound and win his next fight. I was happy to see he inscribed his nickname "darth" on 4 of the 6 items, he dosent do that real often. The 4x6 really looks nice with the silver pen he used.

Anthony Pettis
C/O Gym in 121 days and signed 5/5 and included a signed index card.
Awesome success from the lightweight champion. He is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC and I cant wait until his next fight. Its a shame he got hurt and I hope he can make a fast recovery and successfully defend his title.

and last, but not least......

Jon "Bones" Jones!
C/O Gym in 327 days and signed 4/4
My best UFC TTM to date and probably one of my best TTM's period. He is my favorite fighter in the UFC and when I first got into UFC TTM's he was the fighter I wanted the most. I am extremely happy to get these back, and never fully expected to get a return when I sent these out almost a year ago. I hope he can defend his title at light heavyweight or if he moves up to heavyweight I would love to see a Velasquez Vs. Jones fight in the future. He was even nice enough to write a short but sweet note back on my letter, which I though was awesome!

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-02-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #130 (permalink)

1 success today...

Kenny Florian
C/O Home in 231 days and signed 5/5
Very cool success from one of the legends of the sport. Unfortunately, he never won a championship though losing his last fight against Jose Aldo. Florian retired on May 31, 2012 after experiencing numbness and tingling down his right leg and was advised by doctors to retire. Florian is now a color commentator for the UFC and actually did commentary for yesterdays The Ultimate Fighter Finale 18. Very nice success since Florian is hit or miss TTM and does take a while to get back.

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-02-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #131 (permalink)

Got 1 success in lately...

Anderson Varejao
C/O Cleveland Cavaliers in 112 days and signed 3/3
Very nice success from the Cavs center. He is one of the best rebounding centers in the league when healthy and I hope he can stay healthy going forward. He is averaging around 8 points and 8 rebounds this season which I think Varejao can put up better numbers than that. When i saw the brazil rc I thought it was a very unique looking card and looks nice signed.

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-26-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #132 (permalink)

2 successes today....

Bjoern Werner
C/O Indianapolis Colts in 11 days and signed 2/3
Cool success from the Colts 1st round draft choice, its always cool when recent high round draft picks sign ttm. He has been a good signer since he has been drafted and I hope he continues this trend. Unfortunately, he hasnt really put up big numbers with only a half a sack and 10 tackles this season but he has a lot of potential and hopefully he can be the next big pass rusher in Indy. It was also really cool that he inscribed "Go Colts" and "Go Noles" on both of the respective cards.

Kurt Rambis
C/O Los Angeles Lakers in 11 days and also signed 2/3
Very nice success from the former NBA fan favorite. He signs of and and on periodically and it seems like he has started signing recently. This is a very nice add to my 1990 fleer set.

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-26-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #133 (permalink)

4 successes over the last couple of days...

James Lofton
C/O Home in 7 days and signed 1/2
Very nice from the Hall of Fame WR and Packer legend. He was honestly the best player on those bad Packer teams of the 70's and 80's and dosent really get the recognition he deserves. He does have a price list, but was nice enough to sign 1 of the 2 cards which it totally fine. This is a great add to my Packers collection.

Gorgui Dieng
C/O Minnesota Timberwolves in 21 days and signed 1/1 and also signed an index card
This is my first success from the 2013 NBA Draft class. I have sent about 20 cards to 2013 rookies. I enjoyed watching Dieng play for Louisville and should develop into a solid center in Minnesota. He hasnt really got much playing time behind Pekovic and also Love who plays center in some cases. Dieng is averaging 1.5 points and about 2 rebounds per game and hopefully these numbers can rise going forward. I hope that I can get some more cards back from the 2013 NBA draft class.

Miesha Tate
C/O Take Down Enterprises in 211 days and signed 3/3
Very nice success from the Womens Bantamweight championship contender. She is facing Ronda Rousey this saturday at UFC 168 for the championship and honestly I want Miesha to win it. I sent a second request to Ms. Tate about a week ago so hopefully I can get those back as well. She signed one of the finest cards in a nice gold sharpie and I wish she would have signed all of them using that pen, but they dont look bad at all and I really cant complain. She was also nice enough to inscribe each of the cards with her nickname "cupcake" which I always ask the fighters to inscribe there nicknames and always appreciate when they do it.

Georges St-Pierre
C/O GSP Enterprises in 208 days and signed 1/1
Awesome success from arguably the best MMA fighter of all-time. This is my first ever success sending to Canada and extremely happt it came back. He is actually a good signer, but he takes forever so if you are willing to wait you will more than likely get GSP back. He also always includes a GSP decal with every return. One of my favorite TTM successes!

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-26-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 02:43 AM   #134 (permalink)

1 success before Christmas...

Matt McGloin
C/O Oakland Raiders in 23 days and signed 1/1 and also signed 2 index cards
Very nice success from the Oakland Raiders QB. Its not very common for starting NFL QB's to sign TTM so I jumped at the chance when I saw that he had a recent success. This is the only base rookie he has and only has 2 total cards with the select rookie auto. He was an undrafted free agent and beat out Pryor and Matt Flynn to start this season and didnt look that bad all things considered. I really hope he gets a shot to compete for the starting QB position next season.

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-26-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #135 (permalink)

Nice add. I'll have to try him. He has a great background story
Old 12-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #136 (permalink)

Nice GSP...
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Nice GSP...

Thanks, this is up there with the Jon Jones success for my favorite UFC ttm return.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #138 (permalink)

3 successes today...

Chad Greenway
C/O Minnesota Vikings in 9 days and signed 2/2
Very nice success from the pro-bowl linebacker. He has quietly put together a very solid career and dosent really recieve the recognition he truly deserves even though he is a Viking. I really like the look of the 2009 Magic cards and I wish I had more of them to send TTM. Im happy to get these back because he probably wont be signing again till next season.

Bobby Bowden
C/O Home in 9 days as well and signed 1/1 and included a signed card and index card.
Awesome success from one of the best college coaches of all-time. He seems like a really nice guy and seems to genuinely care about his players as well as the fans. He was nice enough to include a signed allen and ginter base card and he didnt have to that and I greatly appreciate it. He has always been a good signer during his career as well as post career and I recommend sending to him if you want to add a college Hall of Fame member to your collection.

Josh Hamilton
C/O Angels in 123 days and signed 1/2
There is not much to be said here since everyone has been getting him in. Still this a great success from one of the best players in the MLB. I knew that he only signed 1 but I decided to try and get a second success and am totally cool with him only signing one. I do wish that he ould have signed in blue since I have seen some successes come in blue and I think this card would have looked better in blue than black, its still very nice and am extremely happy to get in. This is a HUGE add to my 2013 Topps set and I might try to send an 8x10 next year.

Last edited by ConRyl; 12-26-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #139 (permalink)

3 successes recently...

Roy Hibbert
C/O Indiana Pacers in 33 days and signed 1/3
Nice success from the Pacers all-star center. He has been arguably the best center in the NBA for a couple of years now, and really doesnt get the recognition he deserves. One bad thing about this success is that at the top of the card someone must have taped the card together with something else and then took the tape off peeling the card alittle. Still a very nice success and I also sent to Paul George so I hope I get that in soon, I have noticed that the Pacers are one of the best TTM signing teams in the NBA.

Dick Anderson
C/O Home in 365 days and signed 2/4
Cool success from the captain of the "no name defense" and defensive player of the year in 1974. He has been a great signer for awhile now and usually returns his mail much quicker from what I have seen. Still these are great additions to my 2005 Topps All-American set and also 2005 Topps Fan Favorites set respectively.

Aaron Dobson
C/O New England Patriots in 199 days and signed 2/2
Awesome success from the Patriots rookie wide reciever. He struggled with drops at the beginning of the year but has improved steadily over the course of the season and is now a reliable weapon for Brady going into the playoffs. I really like the look of the bowman cards and with the white borders look really nice signed. I hope that he can continue to improve and be the #1 WR in New England for many years to come.

Also got an RTS from Addison Reed(traded) and Peyton Manning(returned cards unsigned)

Last edited by ConRyl; 01-04-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #140 (permalink)

Nice successes.
How is your fan favorite set going? I bought a bunch off ebay and sent to all that signed.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsfan1 View Post
Nice successes.
How is your fan favorite set going? I bought a bunch off ebay and sent to all that signed.

Its going pretty good I have about 30-35 cards signed, but I have kind of hit a wall with the set. One thing I have noticed it that a lot of the guys in the set require a donation. Overall a great TTM set though, I would recommend it.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:46 AM   #142 (permalink)

Got a chance to update with 5 successes!

Matt Harrison C/O Texas Rangers in 172 days and signed 1/1
Very nice success from the Ranger pitcher. I think he is one of the more underrated Starters in the league and dosent get the respect he really deserves. He unfortunatly was dealing with a lot of injuries last season and got shut down for the year after 2 starts. He had a great 2012 season going 18-11 with a 3.29 ERA and made the AL All-Star team that year. He was cool enough to inscribe 2012 All-Star on my card which I asked for in my letter and he was nice enough to do that for me. This is a great add to my 2013 Topps set which I am going to send a bunch more out for spring training this year.

Mike Brown
C/O The Embracing Project in 15 days and signed 1/2 and signed index card
This is a nice success for my 1990-91 fleer set and historically he dosent have a great success rate so when I saw a recent return from him I sent to him right away. He was an underrated player during his prime and played for those great Jazz Teams with Stockton and Malone. He also played a lot of games overseas in Italy and Spain. The Embracing Project is also a great non-for organazation that promotes peace around the world and build unity among young people that have suffered from violence.

Maurice Cheeks
C/O Detroit Pistons in 27 days and signed 2/2
Cool success from the Pistons Head Coach. Again, Cheeks is a very underrated player who ranks 5th all-time in steals and 11th all-time in assists. When he retired he was the all-time leader in steals and 5th in assists. One of the best defensive point gaurds to play the game, he has had a decent coaching career in the NBA. One of the things I remember about Cheeks was the time that he helped that girl sing the National Anthem when she stumbled with the words and got her back on track. I just think that was a great moment showing how great of a person Cheeks is and made this success that much better. This is also a great add to my 1990-91 fleer success.

Luke Rockhold
C/O AKA in 11 days and signed 3/3
Very nice success from the former strikeforce champion. Unfortunatly, he got caught with a nice spinning back kick and got knocked out by Vitor Belfort in his first fight in the UFC and I hope he can rebound in his next fight against Constantinos Philippou at UFC Fight Night 35. He was nice enough to inscribe "Happy Holidays on the 4x6 photo and SF(Strikeforce) champ on on one of the finest cards. Very nice success from one of the better up and coming fighters in the UFC.

Joseph Benavidez
C/O Ultimate Fitness in 288 days and signed 4/4
Awesome success from one of my favorite fighter in the UFC. I dodnt think I was going to get this one back since he is usually a quick turnaround and I though these got lost in the mail. Was very happy to get them back and even happier when he added the "joe b-wan kenobi" inscriptions on 2 of the cards which looks awesome. I hope he can rebound after his ko loss against Demetrious Johnson and can win his next fight.

Last edited by ConRyl; 01-10-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #143 (permalink)

Sweet success from Maurice Cheeks! I'll have to send to him soon.. nice updates! Keep them coming!
I'm better at life than you. -Richard Sherman
Middy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy4 View Post
Sweet success from Maurice Cheeks! I'll have to send to him soon.. nice updates! Keep them coming!
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #145 (permalink)

Got 2 successes in recently...

Artie Lange
C/O Home in 8 days and signed 3/3
Very nice success from the former Howard Stern sidekick and very funny comedian. Say what you wany about his drug addictions and other problems, but you can deny that Mr. Lange is a very funny guy and I think is a genuinely good hearted person. It seems like he has turned around his life and is now hosting a show and just published a book. I have always enjoyed enjoyed watching him on the Howard Stern show as well as his comedy. I really like the look of the Allen and Ginter cards and they came out great with the return.

Tyron Woodley
C/O ATT in 6 days and signed 5/5
Awesome success from one of my favorite fighters. This is my quickest return to date and also one of my favorites. I put my twitter handle on the letter of request knowing that Mr. Woodley is a frequent user of twitter and we are now following each other on twitter and he sent me a direct message saying he is going to send me a walk out shirt which is awesome and he obviously dosent have to do that. He his a big fight coming up against Carlos Condit at UFC 171 and whoever wins that fight should be the #1 contender for the welterweight championship. This is arguably one of my favorite returns and I am now even more of a fan of Mr. Woodley.

Last edited by ConRyl; 01-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #146 (permalink)

Love the Artie return. Miss hearing him on Howard Stern.
Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #147 (permalink)

Couple of returns I have gotten in....

Tyrone "Muggsy" Bogues
C/O Home in 231 days and signed 2/2
Very nice success from the shortest player ever to play in the NBA at 5'3. He also had an appearance in the movie Space Jam which is pretty cool. This return took awhile but Im very glad to get it back, it looks really nice with the blue sharpie and is a great add to my 1990 fleer set.

Peyton Manning
Returned my card unsigned C/O Denver Broncos in 11 days. I am now 0-5 sending to Mr. Manning TTM and its frustrating seeing returns and one of the downsides of TTMing.

Rich Franklin
C/O Home in 33 days and signed 2/3
Very nice success from one of the best UFC fighters of all-time. I didnt send the Round 4 gold card and it ended up coming up creased, but still a nice success nonetheless. He was nice enough to include a bible verse inscription which he didnt have to do.

RA Dickey
C/O Home in 12 days and signed 4/4
Awesome success from one of the best pitchers in baseball and one of the few knuckleball pitchers in the league. Someone on another site was nice enough to provide the home address and it worked with a very quick success. He wrote a not back with something along the lines of dont send any more things to his home so I dont think I should give out this address. This is a great add to my 2013 Topps set.

Last edited by ConRyl; 01-18-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #148 (permalink)

Very cool success from Dickey!
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #149 (permalink)

Very awesome! He returned 2 of my cards signed in May 2012 when I wrote to him during ST of that year. It was postmarked from what I assume was his home in New York but I don't remember.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
Very awesome! He returned 2 of my cards signed in May 2012 when I wrote to him during ST of that year. It was postmarked from what I assume was his home in New York but I don't remember.
This home address I used was from Nashville, TN