Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default TTM Autographs that come back Questionable from PSA/DNA

As lots of you know, I'm a big PSA/DNA buff. I thought it'd be nice to make a thread dedicated to TTM autos that are not authentic. Below is a list of guys I've personally tried to authenticate through PSA/DNA but came back questionable. If you guys have more to add, LMK and I'll add them as well.

FOOTBALL

Aaron Rodgers
Steven Jackson
Peyton Manning c/o Peyback (even with donation)
Rob Gronkowski
Mike Alstott
John Elway (back from his playing days)
Tom Brady (back from his rookie year)
Marshall Faulk
Ronnie Lott
Bruce Smith
Brett Favre (c/o Foundation W/O Donation)
Tony Gonzalez
Matt SHaub
Ben Roethlisberger
Mike Singletary
Lawrence Taylor
Steve Young c/o FOundation
Roger Staubach

Bill Walsh
Charles Woodson
John Madden
Terry Bradshaw

BASEBALL
Hank Aaron
Ernie Banks

BASKETBALL
Shaq

HOCKEY
Wayne Gretzky

OTHER SPORTS
Hulk Hogan

Will keep this list running with any updates I get.

Last edited by raiderguy10; 01-08-2013 at 11:26 AM.
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Didn't you get back a Peyton that was authenticated? I know most of his come back questionable. Ernie banks is the one that surprises me. His signature on his ttms is practically identical to his authenticated what do I know though. He he.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

the Manning I have wasn't TTM. I had to buy a raw one that was real to submit. the p is different in Peyton. I've had two different banks from two different times come back bad
Old 12-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
the Manning I have wasn't TTM. I had to buy a raw one that was real to submit. the p is different in Peyton. I've had two different banks from two different times come back bad
That sucks. I have a baseball that's inscribed mr. Cub. It would seem weird to me if a secretary would inscribe that but then again I'm not too worried about authentication. They are for display in my man cave some day
Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have the same ball lol
Old 12-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Did you send Tony Gonzalez to his fan club?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

not sure on the Tony. that was a while ago
Old 12-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Very neat idea, thanks for the list!!

2014 IP Auto's: Cards-474, 8x10's-16, ROMLB-3
bronxbomber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Do you remember where you sent for Shaq? I thought the ones a few years back c/o Boston were authentic
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Do you remember where you sent for Shaq? I thought the ones a few years back c/o Boston were authentic
It was when he moved into his new house, and everyone started getting returns. I was one of the first to try, so if any were real I would have assumed mine would be since it was one of the first
Old 01-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Are you seriously paying PSA/DNA to make a wild guess and pick the 50/50 joker card?

This company is the worst I've seen in years when it comes to authentication. You bring them in person signed stuff (and I'm not talking about purchased items, but stuff that was signed in front of my eyes and has video and photo proof) and it won't pass, but send them a fake Michael Jackson, John Travolta, Charlton Heston, Jerry Lewis, etc. and they'll pass it as authentic.

Honestly, I can't any of their authentication service (what service would that be to pick a wild guess card) seriously. They've disgraced themself countless times in the past and still try to make people believe that people's autographs won't sell at all if it doesn't have their ugly stickers on the front which ruins the whole photo/letter.

Education is THE key, no one needs PSA/DNA for that.
Estephano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

I actually prefer their service. I trust their independent opinion versus say a card company that puts their own coa on the back of their own product. kind of like a lcs using their own coa to sell items right?? but a card company had never been caught (by PSA/DNA no less) putting bad autos in their products, right??

but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. you can see my HOF collection in my signature, and eventually all my autos (even pack pulled ones) will have PSA/DNA behind them.

Last edited by raiderguy10; 01-03-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
I actually prefer their service. I trust their independent opinion versus say a card company that puts their own coa on the back of their own product. kind if like a lcs using their own coa to sell items right?? but a card company had never been caught (by PSA/DNA no less) putting bad autos in their products, right :eyeroll:

but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. you can see my HOF collection in my signature, and eventually all my autos (even pack pulled ones) will have PSA/DNA behind them.
Hmm, let me see, what is it that you call "independent opinion" when speaking of PSA/DNA? It's a company that's selling their product in a very questionable way. You could speak of independent opinion if an handwriting expert/autheticator would judge your item in court/university free of charge. But as soon as you pay for a certain product, get rid of the term "independent opinion" because there is none. It's about making money, that's all.

As for trading card companies selling forgeries, was that in the sport or non-sport sector? Would be great to read more about that if you have any info on it. Thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm not here to start a flame war. This thread is meant to be educational in nature for those who are curious. But it's known that Derrick Thomas only signed about half of his cards (his wife the other half), Sid Luckman's "certified pack pulled autos" were mostly done by his wife and only a handful by his hand, and if you aren't familiar with the situation behind the inaugural baseball HOF cut card that was produced I suggest you try to read up on it.

If you don't have something to contribute to the thread please move along.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estephano View Post
Hmm, let me see, what is it that you call "independent opinion" when speaking of PSA/DNA? It's a company that's selling their product in a very questionable way. You could speak of independent opinion if an handwriting expert/autheticator would judge your item in court/university free of charge. But as soon as you pay for a certain product, get rid of the term "independent opinion" because there is none. It's about making money, that's all.

As for trading card companies selling forgeries, was that in the sport or non-sport sector? Would be great to read more about that if you have any info on it. Thanks
When he is referring to the term "independent" he is meaning "3rd party". Not independent like a ma and pa shop. I'd trust PSA/DNA over most services. If you're buying vintage signed stuff I'd only trust UDA as they authenticated most stuff in front of a company reps eyes.

This still does not guarantee anything. The only way you truly know its signed by that person is by obtaining it in person. As for the card companies, there are several examples of fake autographs appearing in "authenticated" products. The biggest one I can think of is the razor presidential cuts in which people were paying astronomical prices for these boxes and some of the signatures came out autopen. There are several threads on different sites questionin the authenticity of Bradshaw, favre, and Ali autographs put out my card companies.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
When he is referring to the term "independent" he is meaning "3rd party". Not independent like a ma and pa shop. I'd trust PSA/DNA over most services. If you're buying vintage signed stuff I'd only trust UDA as they authenticated most stuff in front of a company reps eyes.

This still does not guarantee anything. The only way you truly know its signed by that person is by obtaining it in person. As for the card companies, there are several examples of fake autographs appearing in "authenticated" products. The biggest one I can think of is the razor presidential cuts in which people were paying astronomical prices for these boxes and some of the signatures came out autopen. There are several threads on different sites questionin the authenticity of Bradshaw, favre, and Ali autographs put out my card companies.
Thanks for the info on the card companies. Isn't Razor the company that bought Inkworks a few years ago? At least I have a few Inkworks cards in my collection that are sealed with a gold Razor sticker.

As for authetication services, that's what I was saying in my first post. None authentication service guarantees you anything, that's why I said "Education is THE key". It doesn't make sense to throw money down the toilet for an authentication service if you have no clue and no intention to learn about handwriting expertise. However, within the non-sports IP collector scene, PSA/DNA's so-called authentications are a running gag. Like I said, they won't pass stuff that was signed in front of you and includes video and photo proof, but next day they'll pass forgeries that you had delievered to them through a middleman. They've failed so many times, that none of us can't take them serious anymore.

Last edited by Estephano; 01-03-2013 at 11:54 AM.