Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   TTM Auto (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ttm-auto/)
-   -   Printing TTM Letters or Writing TTM Letters? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ttm-auto/439332-printing-ttm-letters-writing-ttm-letters.html)

garpike 01-25-2013 12:29 PM

Printing TTM Letters or Writing TTM Letters?

For the 1st time in my TTM career I am printing out the requests I am sending to Spring Training. Mainly because I dont think the guys will even be reading them and could much less care if they are typed or not. But also because it is alot quicker to just print them off! lol.

But then I began thinking...what does everyone else do?

Do you write or type?!?
and if different for differnet types of requests let me know why.

This should be interesting to see the results.

:)

new2baseballcol 01-25-2013 01:16 PM

i do both depending on the mood im in but mainly type cuz i have crappy handwriting

danmecum51 01-25-2013 01:55 PM

Handwritten always

ToppsCollector1 01-25-2013 02:04 PM

Always write, even if it sounds like a generic letter

Cole_Burns 01-25-2013 02:08 PM

I have hand written all TTMs except one time. Tha was to Brock Osweiler of the Broncos and he returned it. Wanted to type more but didn't know if that'd get me less returns.

danmecum51 01-25-2013 02:17 PM

If I was an athlete I would return all typed requests. No offense to the guys who type but it just seems lazy and unpersonable to me. I know it's a pain in the ass to handwrite all the letters trust me, I can barely even write two letters now without my hands killing me but I'm sure the athletes realize the difference. Just my .02

iuhoosierbb 01-25-2013 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=danmecum51;4106968]If I was an athlete I would return all typed requests. No offense to the guys who type but it just seems lazy and unpersonable to me. I know it's a pain in the ass to handwrite all the letters trust me, I can barely even write two letters now without my hands killing me but I'm sure the athletes realize the difference. Just my .02[/QUOTE]

What he said!

mrveggieman 01-25-2013 03:16 PM

I have terrible handwriting so if I have access to a computer w/a printer I type. Otherwise I handwrite them.

theautographkid 01-25-2013 03:18 PM

I handwrite them, even though I have write like chicken scratch. It shows the person, that you are writing to, that you actually like them and are just not in it for the autograph(s)

BayAreaJavy 01-25-2013 03:30 PM

I prefer to hand write. It usually gives a more personal touch to the letter and sometimes a quick turn around.

roc21 01-25-2013 05:15 PM

Ive written every one. I keep it short. Im sure there are players who dont care if its typed or written, and those who dont even read it, but I write them because it seems more of "from a fan". Typed to me seems like its "from an autograph hound who does high volume to sell"... Just my feeling

Steve2112 01-25-2013 06:24 PM

I've typed them since I started in 1998. Most of the athletes I've heard talk about their fan mail say they want letters to be short, to the point, and legible. Well, with me, the only way "legible" happens is by typing. If some players want to play 'gatekeeper' and exclude people who type, that's their decision, and if I've had cards not returned to me because of it, so be it. I've got a career percentage in the mid-60s, so I'm doing pretty well as is. Sorry folks, but the notion that "typing = not really caring" is not correct.

ajscards101 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=Steve2112;4108805]I've typed them since I started in 1998. Most of the athletes I've heard talk about their fan mail say they want letters to be short, to the point, and legible. Well, with me, the only way "legible" happens is by typing. If some players want to play 'gatekeeper' and exclude people who type, that's their decision, and if I've had cards not returned to me because of it, so be it. I've got a career percentage in the mid-60s, so I'm doing pretty well as is. Sorry folks, but the notion that [B][B][SIZE="5"][B]"typing = not really caring" [/B][/SIZE]is not correct[/B].[/QUOTE][/B]
You beat me to it!

Some people just don't have the time to write 40-60 letters a week (many people who are hardcore send out that amount per week). Like you said, athletes don't want to read a dictionary you send them, keep it short and to the point.

I type all my letters, but make each one different. I have gotten plenty of returns, and I don't think one person I have ever sent to has said "Hey, wait a second, he typed it...I am not signing for him!"

w8lifter28 01-25-2013 07:04 PM

I type all of mine. I bet they don't even read them half the time regardless if its written or typed

dbrown 01-25-2013 08:42 PM

I type all my letters and just interchange players names unless its a player I really want back, I might add a little something extra. Just saves me time and I'm able to get more sent out this way. Everyone has their own way, its just up to the sender imo.

97S281_27 01-25-2013 09:14 PM

I hand write all of the letters but some times when I have a good number of people that i'm looking to send a request to i'll write out the body of the letter and make a few color copies of it and use the same pen to write out who I am sending the letter to :D

garpike 01-27-2013 02:29 PM

I have to say I am really surprised how many more people voted for "write them out".

The 1st ones I am actually typing out are the ones I have going for 2013 Spring Training...ALL 13 of them are going out to Reds players so the letters are the same.

:)

JosieD 01-27-2013 04:10 PM

I hand write every letter I send. I also personalize each one. I love reading about players/coaches so it is a fun part of the process for me. I wish the stuff I find would include more personal information like if they are married, etc. I also use a nice stationary.

I also started writing letters to family and friends within the last year because I felt like its nice to get mail that isn't bills every once and awhile.