Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
patsfan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 71
Default Frank Gore

Hey Everyone. I didnt know what I should do, as Frank Gore is going to the Super Bowl. Should I send out the Cards, or wait? Or does someone have a Private Address?

Anything would be helpful.
patsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,451
Default

What I would do is this:
1. Start your own thread posting your successes and failures
2. Joing sportscardforums FREE site and check the feedback on their TTM section
3. Join startiger or one of the many free sites

Not trying to sound mean, but guys on here most likely aren't going to do your research for you. Here and there the guys will throw some help your way but there are tons of outlets and leg work you can do in the meantime to answer some of your own questions. I know it can be overwhelming at first and you don't want to throw money away but something like startiger might be worth the $5 a month for you. You might save money with not sending out to people like David Gerard who consistently only sons during the season. Also you'd be able to go type on frank gore, for example, and compare his returns from last year about this time since you know they went deep into the playoffs last year.good luck
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mo City, TX
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
What I would do is this:
1. Start your own thread posting your successes and failures
2. Joing sportscardforums FREE site and check the feedback on their TTM section
3. Join startiger or one of the many free sites

Not trying to sound mean, but guys on here most likely aren't going to do your research for you. Here and there the guys will throw some help your way but there are tons of outlets and leg work you can do in the meantime to answer some of your own questions. I know it can be overwhelming at first and you don't want to throw money away but something like startiger might be worth the $5 a month for you. You might save money with not sending out to people like David Gerard who consistently only sons during the season. Also you'd be able to go type on frank gore, for example, and compare his returns from last year about this time since you know they went deep into the playoffs last year.good luck
Did that make you feel better?
You could have spent 1/10th the time and given your input about whether Frank Gore would sign and then suggest the guy buy a catalog of addresses, because no one wants to give out a bunch of addresses when they had to pay for the addresses.

This is a discussion forum, not a showoff forum. Some people are going to have legitimate questions about TTM autographs and want to discuss the hobby, not just have a 50 page thread about all of the autographs they have gotten.
__________________
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 5,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Did that make you feel better?
You could have spent 1/10th the time and given your input about whether Frank Gore would sign and then suggest the guy buy a catalog of addresses, because no one wants to give out a bunch of addresses when they had to pay for the addresses.

This is a discussion forum, not a showoff forum. Some people are going to have legitimate questions about TTM autographs and want to discuss the hobby, not just have a 50 page thread about all of the autographs they have gotten.
a) Looking at Gores page on SCF, the last success was 2011-10-28 and it took almost 6 months. Prob be better to choose someone else, it doesn't look promising.

b) You might want to look into buying a catalog of addresses or just use the SCF TTM Tracker.

c) As far as this not being JUST a show off forum...I agree but that is one of the best parts of this forum!

d) panamamyers, Lay off Dan...He has done ALOT for alot of people on this forum and he makes it fun to come here. He is an invaluable resource, but is getting tired (as am I) of people just coming over to this forum for just to post "Hey can I get that Address (because I don't want to take the time and effort look for it)? If I have taken the time and effort to search through college player profiles and search through The Official WhitePages - Find People to find an address, I would hope others could do the same.

rant over...
__________________
* Bilal Powell Collector *
Looking for famous Flint, Michigan Autographs
-->Collects: NY Jets, $ Richardson, & Tony Pike<--
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mo City, TX
Posts: 572
Default

I absolutely agree.

Some people don't have a clue though.
Me being a librarian, I do my own independent research, but there are some things that are just not that intuitive.
Maybe the guy is lazy and wants to not have to do the work, maybe he just thinks that's how it works?
The first part of the question though, about whether Gore will sign right now, I thought, was a valid question that could have used valid input.

I just don't think there is ever a reason for you to be dismissive and rude to anyone at least until they prove that do not deserve your kindness.

Something you learn quick being a librarian, just because YOU have heard the question 1,500 times and might be tired of answering it, does not mean that the person in front of you right now has asked it 1,500 times.

Each individual should be given the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.
__________________
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
I absolutely agree.

Some people don't have a clue though.
Me being a librarian, I do my own independent research, but there are some things that are just not that intuitive.
Maybe the guy is lazy and wants to not have to do the work, maybe he just thinks that's how it works?
The first part of the question though, about whether Gore will sign right now, I thought, was a valid question that could have used valid input.

I just don't think there is ever a reason for you to be dismissive and rude to anyone at least until they prove that do not deserve your kindness.

Something you learn quick being a librarian, just because YOU have heard the question 1,500 times and might be tired of answering it, does not mean that the person in front of you right now has asked it 1,500 times.

Each individual should be given the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.
This is a good point. I probably should have either answered his question which is "no" or just ignored it. You're right I did come off pretty blunt. It wasn't my intent but I do see your point so OP I apologize. The answer is no, as far as I can tell Frank Gore isn't signing ttm anymore

And I apologize if my thread offends you in some way. It's also a resource for others on the site to use to see who is actively signing. I "piggyback" lots of threads, YouTube videos, other ttm sites, so hopefully by me posting my returns others can see who I have had success with recently and they can also have success from that person.

It is a little to show off, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't, but all the guys who actively contribute to this site and ask me for addresses through messaging usually get them. I'm not trying to hoard addresses or anything but it was getting to the point where guys like raider myself Hoosier I'm sure garpike etc were getting hammered with random people (with very little posting history on blowout) trolling the site messaging us for addresses.

Sometimes we probably police too much and need to back off or noobs won't join and contribute. And that's obviously what raiderguy and the originaters of the section intended. You were in the right to call me out.
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mo City, TX
Posts: 572
Default

I do not have a problem with your show off thread at all. I enjoy looking through it in fact.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.
I am a newbie to this big time, and if I saw that type of answer, I would just be driven away and start to think this is more of a private club.

No harm no foul though.
Have a good one.
__________________
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.