Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Is it me or is Startiger extremely confusing?

I always read about how good it is, so I joined for a month. Yeah there are a lot of people you can search on, but it seems like they all have little or no results with them. Am I missing something?
w8lifter28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8lifter28 View Post
I always read about how good it is, so I joined for a month. Yeah there are a lot of people you can search on, but it seems like they all have little or no results with them. Am I missing something?
I'll guide you through it by tomorrow, but it's now 4 a.m. here and I need some sleep.
Estephano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estephano View Post
I'll guide you through it by tomorrow, but it's now 4 a.m. here and I need some sleep.
Awesome. I would appreciate that a lot!!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

The site is a little confusing at first. Check out the forum for some good info.

PC- Castro, Sandberg
Bobeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeno View Post
The site is a little confusing at first. Check out the forum for some good info.
The forum went down the toilet long time ago. These days there's only a handful of people posting there, some of them which spam the forum with so much nonsense that it makes the place even look worse.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ok, so here we go with lesson 1:
On the left side the scroll bar shows you the daily changes that are made. You can edit the filter to maximize or minimize what is shown to you. So for example if you are a Basketball collector, you wouldn't be interested in any Entertainment autographs and changes.
To search for a celebrity, enter the name into the search box (top left of the screen), and click on the "Go!" button.

The symbols behind each name stand for:
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Lesson 2: The celebrity listing

In this case let's take Angelina Jolie as an example because there are already screenshots available and I don't have to create them all over.

The head section of each listing provides a short summary about the celebrity, what he is famous for, the categories he is listed in, names he is also known as (if applicable) and a short list of the most recent changes made to this listing.
On the left side you will see an example thumbnail of a scanned autograph for the celebrity; you can click on it for a larger view of the scan.
The Celebrity History gives you a short overview about the response habits of the celebrity. You will also find a similar history for each contact address.

The contact details contain ALL contact details for a celebrity (past & present). Each address contains the date it was added.
An address history bar gives you a quick overview over previous responses from this address. Green indicates successful responses, Red indicates a return to sender, and yellow indicates a letter that has not been responded to yet. On the bottom of each address, you can find (if applicable) the most recent test result submitted by a member. You can also submit responses yourself by using the "Add Test Result" button. If you want to keep track on what letters you sent out, use the "Mark as Pending" button each time you sent a letter.

Use the "Address History" button to access all previous responses for an address. In the address history section, you will also get nice & useful statistics that allow you to get a quick overview over past responses.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

By going through your created threads I assume you are a Football collector, so lets give you some screenshots on how a listing for Colin Kaepernick looks like:

Even though Kaepernick is marked tested and lists successes, I wouldn't go for this address anymore because the last success dates back from December 2011 and since then no success has been reported and the pending requests weren't sent back yet.

Also be prepared that many users won't publish home or via venue addresses until they got their stuff back signed. It's only common sense that it lowers your chances of getting your stuff back signed when you publish the home or via venue address the day you send out your request because then the address you've used will get spammed in no time. So even if you find a success for a home address, check the adress history. If there's been only a few successes in the past and many pending requests still out, save your time & money because it's most likely that although this address is listed as tested and positive you most likely won't get any response through it by now because it got spammed with fanmail.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I guess my explanations above should do for the moment, If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

WOW! Good tutorials! That helps a lot. Thanks a lot for all of the info! It is much appreciated