Blowout Cards Forums
Alchemy Promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 08:58 PM   #201 (permalink)

Well I've only had 2 returns since my last post. Finally done with the semester so I'll be able to update regularly. I had the dreaded preprint from Beltre, oh well. Knew he was a long shot.

Bobby Doerr 1/1 in 14 days. Had to get him on the Fenway 8x10 that I started. His signature is really starting to go, which is really sad. It makes me think that he won't be around a whole lot longer, but I'm glad that I have added the Doerr autos to my collection that I have.

Scooter Gennett 2/2 in ~63 days. Was at the game the ticket stub is from. Was his first MLB triple

Now these I traded for, and help me out quite a bit with my 2008 Ginter set, and my Twins collection
Old 05-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #202 (permalink)

Its been slow the last couple of weeks. Didn't get anything in until yesterday. I haven't sent too many out lately due to work. I began my job on the 12th, and I'm working 40 hours this summer and have other stuff going on leaving little time for TTM requests. I've had three successes between yesterday and today now, plus got my photos back from a signing in Minnesota.

Starting with the TTM returns. These showed up yesterday, the day following my birthday so I like to think of them as extra birthday gifts for myself lol. Both of them took 14 days as well

This one showed up today. It was mailed out in the middle of this past August.

Now these are from a signing that was held last weekend in Minnesota. It was a free signing and a friend was willing to help out, even printed the pictures for me since it was a last minute deal. He was kind enough to include the Plouffe signed card as a little gift as well! The Colabello photo is of him hitting a home run. It's a neat story behind the home run as well. It was his mother's birthday, and he flew her in to watch the game. While Colabello was up to bat, his mom was being interviewed by the FSN crew on TV, and while she was being interviewed he hit a home run

Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #203 (permalink)

Alex Meyer 1/1 in 18 days

Old 05-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #204 (permalink)

That Fenway photo you have going really has some potential. Two HOFers to start it off ain't bad!
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
That Fenway photo you have going really has some potential. Two HOFers to start it off ain't bad!
Thanks! Its tough deciding who to send it off to next since it has two HOFers on it already. I don't want to get scrubs signing it. I'm not a Red Sox fan, but I can appreciate their history and thought the Fenway 8x10 would be a nice little side project to send out whenever I have the chance
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #206 (permalink)

Luis Gonzalez 3/3 in 350 days. Its always nice to get a return for the 2008 Ginter set.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Luis Gonzalez 3/3 in 350 days. Its always nice to get a return for the 2008 Ginter set.
Awesome return! Where'd you send it to?
dbacksfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacksfan4life View Post
Awesome return! Where'd you send it to?
Wow, I just saw this. I sent it c/o the Diamondbacks last year. Glad to see it return. I have had one success since, getting Manny Parra 1/1, sent during ST, didn't get the date written down. No scan at the moment. I've been way too busy lately to write any requests up. I did receive numbers 74 and 75 for my 2008 Ginter set over the last couple of weeks in a trade- JR Towles and Brandon Phillips. Next big milestone is 100, which I don't see happening anytime soon
Old 06-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #209 (permalink)

Well here's what I have to show, some pickups and some TTM returns. Got my 50/50 in from new2baseballcol
Manny Parra 1/1 sent during ST

Last edited by clarkzac; 06-21-2014 at 05:01 PM.
clarkzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #210 (permalink)

Surprised that you got ST request back this far off from spring training.
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:40 AM   #211 (permalink)

No scan yet- Bobby Bowden 1/1 in 8 days
Old 07-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #212 (permalink)

Good ones. I know it's been a while, but Happy Belated. That is a wonderful Fenway photo right there. Keep it going.
SportsAutoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:39 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAutoFreak View Post
Good ones. I know it's been a while, but Happy Belated. That is a wonderful Fenway photo right there. Keep it going.
Thanks! I don't know who to go for next on the Fenway 8x10 since it has 2 HOFers on it. I have slowed down lately with my TTM requests due to work being tiring. Working outside 40 hours/week really drains me by the time I get off work
Old 07-12-2014, 12:47 AM   #214 (permalink)

Had a few rare IP successes tonight. Traveled to Denver to catch a couple of games since the Twins are in town and I'm closer to Denver than Minneapolis so we had to get here. Graphed the Twins and I was able to get Brian Dozier on an 8x10 and card (gave the card to a dad with his 2 sons), Oswaldo Arcia on 2014 Topps (didn't turn out so well), and then Tom Brunansky on an 8x10. The Bruno 8x10 was a little disappointing. It was a black and white photo from the 1985 HR Derby and he signed in the darkest spot possible. I can't complain though since its still a decent piece. The only reason he came out and signed was because one of his childhood friends was at the game and he came out to talk to him. I was talking with Bruno's friend and he mentioned that he was there to see him, and he told me that my picture would get signed so I was pretty happy. Scans will be up in a few days since I won't get home until late Sunday
Old 07-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #215 (permalink)

Excellent. Get home safely. Look forward to seeing the Brunansky.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #216 (permalink)

Well I finally had a chance to get some scans together. First off, here's Friday's successes-

Now for Sunday-
First off, here's a little graphing story. Since I rarely have the opportunity to graph IP, I do enjoy my experiences and sharing my stories. I was the very first one down to the Twins side of the field. I get down there and saw Kurt Suzuki talking with a guy in the stands that works for MLB. I stood back, up a couple of steps and let them converse. While they were talking a calmly pulled a ball from my bag. I Would have liked to get him on a card, but I didn't know if I would have had time to search for his in my stack of Twins cards. As he was finishing his conversation he looked up at me, so I slowly walked down. Once I knew for sure he was done talking, I politely asked if he would please sign my ball- "Sure! No problem man!" I congratulated him on his All-Star selection and he moved on. He signed for one other guy Sunday. Unfortunately, he side paneled my ball, which I was a little unsure of at first. I didn't know if I wanted to keep just him on it or start a team ball that I will never be able to finish. I went with the latter, and started a team ball. Soon Chris Colabello came over. He had some friends in Denver and was wanting to talk with them. I was sandwiched right next to Colabello and his friends while he was being mobbed by everybody. He stood there for a good 20 minutes talking with his buddy and signing. I first had him sign the 2013 Topps RC, and then down the road, after everybody stopped bothering him and he was getting ready to leave, I politely asked if he would sign my ball. He had no problem doing so, and even told me thank you for letting him use my pen for half of the autos that he signed. He was real down to earth and a great guy. Eduardo Escobar then came walking over. One of the guys I was talking with was telling me how his son-in-law has a car shop in the cities and Oswaldo Arcia and Eduardo Escobar took their cars to him last week to get fixed up. This helped bring Escobar over so I added him to the team ball I started. Finally, Brian Dozier walked on over and started signing. He has been one of my favorites ever since he was called up in 2012. He signs for just about everybody. I was wanting to get him on his own ROMLB, on the sweet spot, which I was able to do. He signed right next to me for quite awhile. Once he was done signing, I again politely asked if he would be willing to sign one more for me and his response was great- "Of course! I'd be happy to" I handed him my team ball. I again wished him luck in the Home Run Derby, which I had done on Friday night as well. Overall, I had a great experience. I know that the Twins guys that I got this weekend always sign at home as well, but I'm 10 hours away from Target Field so I was pleased to get who I did, especially Dozier.

I also happened to pick this up since. It wasn't hit by Dozier, but it was pitched to him. I haven't looked up the authentication number yet to see what inning it was in though. I hope to have him sign it and inscribe it with "1st Multi-homer game"

And it also happened to be Golden Arenado Bobblehead day. I came home with three of these. They are smaller than the average SGA bobblehead due to the Rockies going with a gnome theme for their bobbleheads this year.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #217 (permalink)

Very, very nice stuff. I like it. I know the feeling of Suzuki. I got a team ball at a White Sox game in 2013. I had Jamey Carroll, Chris Colabello, Ryan Pressly and Chris Herrmann sign. After the game Carroll was traded to Kansas City and Brian Dozier was signing then the National Anthem started playing and he stopped signing. There were kids though, so I didn't want to be pushy or anything and I'd rather him sign for some kids than sign for me. Maybe I'll get him some other time in the future. No big deal. You did some fantastic graphing though.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #218 (permalink)

Well I've finally had some time to get some stuff uploaded. I'll start with my TTM returns, which are few and far between nowadays. The Gary Player was of course through email.

Now the following were trades/ 50/50s.

The Cepeda was a gift from a friend that attended MLB FanFest. He got 2 cards signed by Cepeda, and Cepeda signed this one in a ballpoint pen before my friend was able to request that it be signed in Sharpie. It is also MLB Authenticated.

The Ramirez was a gift from Addison. I purchased a jacket from him and he included the card with it as a surprise!

The following were part of a 50/50 with dbacksfan4life. I can't argue with the success he had! Unfortunately the 2 other guys I was going for were traded (McCarthy) or retired (Chavez.) Now if only Trumbo would start performing better since I need a decent 1B on my fantasy team that can hit better than he is right now.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #219 (permalink)

Bowden and Player. Two very high profile names. Congrats on that.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #220 (permalink)

Glad you got them safely!
dbacksfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #221 (permalink)

Those A&G's are beautiful! And the Trumbo auto is awesome regardless of his current offensive output. Congrats!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #222 (permalink)

Your collection of autographs is amazing. When I was young and collecting cards as a Seattle kid, I managed to get a Steve Largent card signed. I really liked your Alex Presley card autograph. Was wondering if you had any story to go with it?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:22 PM   #223 (permalink)

Well I haven't had any TTM returns for awhile, but I got this in a trade for my Twins Ginter collection. I hope to get one signed in Blue sometime, but this is a nice placeholder until that happens