Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Newbie Question: How to protect cards TTM/Frist Class vs Parcel?

Good day fellow members,

I have recently acquired a few nicer sets that I want to get signed TTM. I understand most standard requests will just go first class in a regular envelope? (Am I correct to assume that?) Do you guys/gals do the same for your nicer cards? I was thinking of putting some thicker cardboard inside the return envelope, so that it cannot be bent or go through the PO's sorter. It is more expensive this way of course ($.46 vs $2.02 both ways), will it be feasible if say I wanted to do a complete old school set with the added expense? What are some of your experience with regular First Class mailing vs Standard Parcel? Just wanted to get your opinions before I send out some cards, thanks!!
tamtalizied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

the way you put it its more expensive because of all the protection. However since people sign index cards as well you could in a sense get "bonus" autos.

If you send a sleeve or toploader theres a chance theyll sign that and not the card. Writing a note saying you want the card only signed is pointless sometimes because some people dont read the notes anyway
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the response, and I understand what you mean. However, regarding the older/nicer items, you still send just like any other ones without any extra protection? I want to send out a couple of 48 Bowman, and not sure if I feel safe enough with just regular first class in PWE. That's why I ask the "success"/"undamaged" rate on standard request. Thanks!!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

All my card ttms i sent reg pwe with a return pwe inside, no protection, regular 1st class. I guess its just a matter of luck, i did about 30 cards and had zero damage. Only 2 were thicker jersey cards and they were fine as well. They just sign them and put loosely into return pwe... Ive heard stories of guys signing the pennysleeve or toploader so i never put the card in anything. When i do 5x7 pictures i put a piece of cardboard in, but only a few actually put it back into the return. The odds are most will go undamaged.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc21 View Post
All my card ttms i sent reg pwe with a return pwe inside, no protection, regular 1st class. I guess its just a matter of luck, i did about 30 cards and had zero damage. Only 2 were thicker jersey cards and they were fine as well. They just sign them and put loosely into return pwe... Ive heard stories of guys signing the pennysleeve or toploader so i never put the card in anything. When i do 5x7 pictures i put a piece of cardboard in, but only a few actually put it back into the return. The odds are most will go undamaged.
Awesome!! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

In the many returns that i have sent i have never used penny sleves or top loaders and the only damage i have had was from the envelope being dropped in water somewhere in the process. but even if there was a top loader the cards would have still gotten wet and ruined. Thats my experience and I am going to continue to send my cards without any protection.