Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Crabbygraphs 2013 IP Thread

Figured since I will be doing a good amount of IP graphing this year, I thought I would make a thread and keep it separate of my TTM.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

4/7/2013 Hagerstown Suns at Delmarva Shorebirds

Finally, minor league baseball is back. Decided to head down to Delmarva to catch the last game against the Hagerstown Suns. It was also "Meet the Team Event" before the game. Did pretty well. Mostly everything I had got signed today. Some of the players do have attitudes but its not as bad as last year for the Shorebirds. All totals are not all mine (some are). I have people from another site that send items to get signed.

Delmarva

(2) Teams balls signed by the entire roster (minus B. Kline)
Brandon Kline - 0/..... (Starting pitcher and did not attend the meet the team event. He also did not sign before the game)
Matthew Price - 10/10 (His mom was at the meet the team event. When I arrived I was going through some cards and she stated that it was not him picture on his 2012 Bowman)
Matt Hobgood - 3/3
Miguel Chalas - 2/2
Mychal Givens - 2/2
Adrian Marin - 26/26 (22 cards, 1 ball, 3 programs)

Hagerstown

Estarlin Martinez - 1/1
Craig Manuel - 2/2
Brett Mooneyham - 7/7
Robert Benincasa - 6/6
Will Hudgins - 10/10
Old 04-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
4/7/2013 Hagerstown Suns at Delmarva Shorebirds

Finally, minor league baseball is back. Decided to head down to Delmarva to catch the last game against the Hagerstown Suns. It was also "Meet the Team Event" before the game. Did pretty well. Mostly everything I had got signed today. Some of the players do have attitudes but its not as bad as last year for the Shorebirds. All totals are not all mine (some are). I have people from another site that send items to get signed.

Delmarva

(2) Teams balls signed by the entire roster (minus B. Kline)
Brandon Kline - 0/..... (Starting pitcher and did not attend the meet the team event. He also did not sign before the game)
Matthew Price - 10/10 (His mom was at the meet the team event. When I arrived I was going through some cards and she stated that it was not him picture on his 2012 Bowman)
Matt Hobgood - 3/3
Miguel Chalas - 2/2
Mychal Givens - 2/2
Adrian Marin - 26/26 (22 cards, 1 ball, 3 programs)

Hagerstown

Estarlin Martinez - 1/1
Craig Manuel - 2/2
Brett Mooneyham - 7/7
Robert Benincasa - 6/6
Will Hudgins - 10/10

must be weird for a guy to sign a card that doesn't have the right guy on there.

also 26/26 that is a lot of stuff man. congrats on doing so well
NATS
new2baseballcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2baseballcol View Post
must be weird for a guy to sign a card that doesn't have the right guy on there.

also 26/26 that is a lot of stuff man. congrats on doing so well
He dosent seem to mind. Adrian is a cool kid. I had 2 people send stuff plus I had stuff of my own. He had no problem doing it. Actually asked if I had more.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

4-13-2013 Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals

This day did not go as planned. Tried to buy tickets for the game this week and all they had were $90 seats left. I guess playing the Braves and giving out the Gio Bobblehead will do that. So that messed up my plan to do batting practice. I was only able to graph outside the stadium along with another 15-20 people pregame. This honestly might be my worst totals so far trying for the Nationals and a visiting team. Not complaining since I was able to get some graphs, but I was hoping for better.

Atlanta

Fredi Gonzalez - 1/1

Yes that was it. He was the only Brave that touched a pen outside. Eddie Perez gave me a death stare when I asked him. Most of the players were in cabs. They got dropped off and headed underneath the stadium instead of going in the side door.

Nationals

Wilson Ramos - 1/1 (Really cool guy and he is alot bigger than I thought)
Craig Stammen - 2/2
Tyler Clippard - 1/1
Adam LaRoche - 1/1, 1/1 (help) (got to the stadium later (11:15) but still signed for me and one other person there. I think by far he is the nicest on the team)

That was it. Ryan Mattheus signed for 2 people (that was all that asked him). We really didnt get ignored completely (except for Span and Straus). Everyone else said "NO".
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Friday April 19, 2013 - Wayne Newton

Got the the venue 2.5 hours before his show. He was already inside. They had a merchandise table already set up. His wife/manager was running the table. I asked her if Mr. Newton would be coming out to sign after the show and she stated no. When she saw the photos I had she called them "Ebay Photos". She was not pleasant at all. They had photos that were already signed by Wayne. I asked her how much they were and here was her response "They are $5, but you cant sell them on eBay". So I thought for $5 you cant beat that for a legend. I purchased 4 different photos.

Wayne Newton - 4/4 (purchased from merchandise table)
Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

4-20-2013 Greensboro Grasshoppers at Delmarva Shorebirds

Delmarva

Brandon Kline - 14/14 - Talked about USA Baseball for 5 minutes. Very nice guy.

Greensboro

Austin Brice - 3/7
Yeison Hernandez - 5/5
Mason Hope - 1/1
Jesus Solorzano - 3/3
Yordy Cabrera - 4/4 - Very talkative and nice. Tried for him right after BP but I dont think he heard me. Came out before the game and signed for the 3 of us there. He did 3 for one other kid and a team bat for another guy. I had seats right next to the dugout and when he was on deck he was joking with us.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

keep updating man love these kind of threads
superjames27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

5-2-2013 Lexington Legends at Delmarva Shorebirds

Headed down to Arthur Perdue Stadium tonight. Did not have much for either team. The only reason I really went was to see Bubba Starling. It was also 1.25 drafts and college night. I will let you picture how the crowd was. Not to many people in the stands (100). There were only 2 graphers and a dad and his son off to the side. All the pitchers were wearing jackets so that made it hard. I do have to say that Lexington has some cool uniforms and the mustache hat is really cool.

Delmarva

Brandon Kline - 0/6 (Starting pitcher. I swear he is always pitching when im there. Hopefully he is charting on Saturday.)

Lexington

Colin Rogers - 9/9 - He smeared everyone of them. Had them in a book. He is a lefty. He apologized at the end and he said he needs to remember to sign them backwards. very nice kid.
Nicholas Cuckovich - 2/2
Bryan Brickhouse - 0/10 (Had a jacket on and we missed him. Think he came out in a group.)
Bubba Starling - 8/8 - I was prepared to be limited. He came out onto the field and I asked him. He said after he put his stuff in the dugout he would be over. Few minutes go by and he came back out but went and warmed up for about 2 minutes then came over and signed. Here is out little conversation:

Me: Not sure what your limit is but do you mind doing a couple?
Bubba: 4 or 5 I can do.
Me: No problem. I appreciate you coming over.
He is signing the cards and gets to the 5th one and says "I will just get them all".

Then I brought up USA baseball and we talked for a couple minutes about it. Said it was the best time of his life. Great experience. He signed 3 cards for someone else. He did smear 2/3 for that kid. He stacked them on top of each other. Had mine in a book and they look great. He has a nice signature. he is not as big as i thought he was. But he is pretty tall.

I stayed for a few innings. Bubba has some great speed out in CF. Also Raul Mondesi is FAST. Talked to him for a few about his dad.

Next up is Charleston on Saturday.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nice Starlings! Willing to possibly trade one of them?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

5-4-2013 Charleston Riverdogs at Delmarva Shorebirds

Charleston

Al Pedrique - 5/5
Rafael De Paula - 2/2
Daniel Camarena - 2/2
Dante Bichette Jr. - 6/10
Gregory Bird - 6/6
Kelvin De Leon - 2/2
Yeicok Calderon - 2/2
Jose Campos - 0/6
Peter O'Brien - 0/6
Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

5-18-2013 Hickory Crawdads at Delmarva Shorebirds

Took the family to the game last night. This had fail written on it from the moment we left the house. It did not stop raining the whole time. I give my wife and daughter alot of credit for being out there. My daughter actually had fun playing in the rain. They decided to call the game at 8 and to play a double header on Sunday (Weather is supposed to worse Sunday than Saturday.). I did not leave empty handed though.

Hickory

Lewis Brinson - 3/4 (He actually did 4 but I gave one to his family that was there.) - I got really lucky on this one. Alot of the Hickory players had family there. With the rain I did not take anything out. Well his family came over and needed a marker. So I let them use mine and after he was done signing their stuff, I asked if I could use their umbrella so he could sign the cards. So one of the family members asked for a card and since they helped me, I helped them.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

5-21-2013 Lakewood BlueClaws at Delmarva Shorebirds

This was one of the nicest nights to graph and also the strangest nights. I was the only person getting graphs tonight. Lakewood has always been a good team to graph and they did not disappoint tonight. The weird part of tonight was all the position players were on the field for Lakewood by 6:25 but the starting pitcher did not come out and warm up until 6:55. Since I didnt wait on the pitcher I decided to get some Shorebirds since they were just starting to come out.

I was talking with someone from the Shorebirds and they said Brandon Kline broke his ankle during warmups. They said he was going to be heading back to Florida and is done for the year.

Delmarva

Lex Rutledge - 2/2
Adrian Marin - 4/4
Matt Price - 0/2 - Missed him since he had a hooded sweatshirt on in 80 degree weather.

Lakewood

Roman Quinn - 13/13 - This kid is quick.
Larry Greene - 5/5 - He looks like a linebacker.
William Carmona - 12/12
Mitch Walding - 3/3
Brian Pointer - 1/1
Shane Watson - 0/... - Came out late. Starting pitcher

Justin Dalles was just recalled but was not with the team yet. Chad Carman is on the DL and not with the team.