Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Just saw this post, and I would like to say thank you for using Triple Play Sports in Sioux Falls, SD. My dad lives in Sioux Falls and I always stop in there for a visit when I'm seeing my dad. I really like the guy who runs the place. I encourage you to keep using them, gotta help the little guys out
I absolutely love their store, good prices, reliable and everything. Love to help the little guys!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #252 (permalink)

3 really awesome returns today, 2 more AFL and one really amazing surprise!

Colin Moran - 53 days
Andrew Heaney - 53 days, postmarked from Oklahoma
Mike Trout - 7 days

Finally a return from Glendale, puts me at 9/25 total so far. 36%

Glendale (2/3) 66%
Mesa (3/5) 60%
Peoria (2/5) 40%
Salt River (1/4) 25%
Surprise (1/4) 25%
Scottsdale (0/4) 0%

Here are the pictures of my successes from today and yesterday. I realize the Mike Trout looks wicked sketchy, it looks different from his certified's but then again so does my ip from 2012. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Rukastar's 2013 TTM-trout.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-moran.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-fontana.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-heaney.jpg  

Last edited by rukastar; 11-21-2013 at 02:03 PM.
rukastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #253 (permalink)

Awesome mail day!
Alowe1034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #254 (permalink)

Wow!! 7 days on the Trout!

Was that sent via the team?

garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #255 (permalink)

Wow, very nice Trout return. Did you send it to the Angels during the season or ST?
On a side-note I got a return from Heaney today too .
Old 11-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #256 (permalink)

The Trout looks legit.

Nice stuff!
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alowe1034 View Post
Awesome mail day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
The Trout looks legit.

Nice stuff!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Wow!! 7 days on the Trout!

Was that sent via the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziveus101 View Post
Wow, very nice Trout return. Did you send it to the Angels during the season or ST?
On a side-note I got a return from Heaney today too .
I sent to his home in New Jersey last week. I saw a success on the manager and figured i'd try it myself. Man, that addy is going to get SOOO flooded!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
Thank you!

I sent to his home in New Jersey last week. I saw a success on the manager and figured i'd try it myself. Man, that addy is going to get SOOO flooded!
This one?

Mike Trout
257 cherry ln
Millville, New Jersey 08332
USA

Because the first one has a comment saying this lol:

rts. paremts sent stick note saying to "tell friends stop sending!" Ok. no more trouts
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #259 (permalink)

I sent it a few days ago. Address is getting flooded right now...

Last edited by Trouty; 11-21-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Trouty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #260 (permalink)

Well, I hope anyone who sent early enough won't get cut off. It's unfortunate, but I think that's the problem with a player even signing once. It draws us all out like drug addicts looking for another fix, haha. I'm curious if the two people on there who got the parents messages looked like dealers more than some other senders.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #261 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I hope anyone who sent early enough won't get cut off. It's unfortunate, but I think that's the problem with a player even signing once. It draws us all out like drug addicts looking for another fix, haha. I'm curious if the two people on there who got the parents messages looked like dealers more than some other senders.
Once someone gets something back, everyone wants to send.
Trouty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #262 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
Once someone gets something back, everyone wants to send.
Very true, good luck with your attempt
Old 11-22-2013, 01:06 AM   #263 (permalink)

nice on the trout I sent right after SCF showed a return, still nothing back yet... oh well not worried about it... I know the flood came. Glad yours came back alive! Probably the return of the year on this site
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 AM   #264 (permalink)

Quote:

Colin Moran - 53 days
Mike Trout - 7 days

Glendale (2/3) 66%
Mesa (3/5) 60%
Peoria (2/5) 40%
Salt River (1/4) 25%
Surprise (1/4) 25%
Scottsdale (0/4) 0%

Here are the pictures of my successes from today and yesterday. I realize the Mike Trout looks wicked sketchy, it looks different from his certified's but then again so does my ip from 2012. Thanks for looking!
Doesnt look much different than this
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #265 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
nice on the trout I sent right after SCF showed a return, still nothing back yet... oh well not worried about it... I know the flood came. Glad yours came back alive! Probably the return of the year on this site
Thank you! and I do hope you get yours.

Wow, that one you showed does look a lot like it!

At some point I'll post my ip from him for comparison, it looks WAY different. Like a bad forgery compared to anything I've ever seen. I was at an Angels ST game early in March 2012 and at the time I didn't have any cards of him. So using what I did have, I got him to sign an index card although he used some woman's sharpie as he was making his way down the line. It looks really rushed. A lot of people at the time told me he wouldn't sign at all, especially not an index card. Weirdly enough there have been a lot of players who have refused index cards for me, but it seems like it's never a huge name really. I've gotten like Kemp, Cespedes, Votto, Trout all on index cards and off the top of my head the people who have refused are rather nameless. Like Callix Crabbe and John Suomi. lol

Last edited by rukastar; 11-22-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you! and I do hope you get yours.

Wow, that one you showed does look a lot like it!

At some point I'll post my ip from him for comparison, it looks WAY different. Like a bad forgery compared to anything I've ever seen. I was at an Angels ST game early in March 2012 and at the time I didn't have any cards of him. So using what I did have, I got him to sign an index card although he used some woman's sharpie as he was making his way down the line. It looks really rushed. A lot of people at the time told me he wouldn't sign at all, especially not an index card. Weirdly enough there have been a lot of players who have refused index cards for me, but it seems like it's never a huge name really. I've gotten like Kemp, Cespedes, Votto, Trout all on index cards and off the top of my head the people who have refused are rather nameless. Like Callix Crabbe and John Suomi. lol
Ive only Ip'd one time. I was trying to get a photo of Michael Franti signed that my buddy and I took with him at his concert, but he was too busy, so I left the photo with one of the Roseland Theatre workers I knew so he could get it signed. He said Franti was pretty high and wasnt in any way shape or form of signing a photo. Anyways, I came back for the photo and Black Label Society was playing there that night. I went to the back driveway area and Zakk Wylde was signing an autograph for some guy. He asks me if I wanted one and I told him I didnt have anything for him to sign so he pulled out his wallet and signed a guitar pick he had in there... I was pretty excited, it was way before i started doing TTMs so I should have held onto it, but gave it to my buddy who is a huge Ozzy Osbourne fan. I couldnt believe how nice Zakk was and how incredibly short he is.... Unreal... long story, but my only IP experience was a great one

Also ran into Barry Sanders in Maui at the Kehei Maui Tacos one night. It was just him, my ex wife and I. I was wearing a Ducks shirts and he made a nice comment about the team. I couldnt figure out who it was for a while but I knew I had seen the guy before... I kept thinking it was Terry Pendleton for some reason then all of a sudden it just dawned on me that it was him... I think he thought I was going to ask him for an autograph (which I should have) but I was pretty starstruck when it came to me who it was... Then he drove away in his white mustang, out of my life forever

Last story, I sat behind Eddie George on a flight from Phoenix to LA after the Oregon-Auburn National championship.. He was absolutely trying to not be noticed. So my idiot friend walked up to him as we were unloading and took a picture of him... pretty embarrassing

Last edited by danmecum51; 11-22-2013 at 03:14 AM.
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:

Colin Moran - 53 days
Mike Trout - 7 days

Glendale (2/3) 66%
Mesa (3/5) 60%
Peoria (2/5) 40%
Salt River (1/4) 25%
Surprise (1/4) 25%
Scottsdale (0/4) 0%

Awesome returns! :turkey:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Ive only Ip'd one time. I was trying to get a photo of Michael Franti signed that my buddy and I took with him at his concert, but he was too busy, so I left the photo with one of the Roseland Theatre workers I knew so he could get it signed. He said Franti was pretty high and wasnt in any way shape or form of signing a photo. Anyways, I came back for the photo and Black Label Society was playing there that night. I went to the back driveway area and Zakk Wylde was signing an autograph for some guy. He asks me if I wanted one and I told him I didnt have anything for him to sign so he pulled out his wallet and signed a guitar pick he had in there... I was pretty excited, it was way before i started doing TTMs so I should have held onto it, but gave it to my buddy who is a huge Ozzy Osbourne fan. I couldnt believe how nice Zakk was and how incredibly short he is.... Unreal... long story, but my only IP experience was a great one

Also ran into Barry Sanders in Maui at the Kehei Maui Tacos one night. It was just him, my ex wife and I. I was wearing a Ducks shirts and he made a nice comment about the team. I couldnt figure out who it was for a while but I knew I had seen the guy before... I kept thinking it was Terry Pendleton for some reason then all of a sudden it just dawned on me that it was him... I think he thought I was going to ask him for an autograph (which I should have) but I was pretty starstruck when it came to me who it was... Then he drove away in his white mustang, out of my life forever

Last story, I sat behind Eddie George on a flight from Phoenix to LA after the Oregon-Auburn National championship.. He was absolutely trying to not be noticed. So my idiot friend walked up to him as we were unloading and took a picture of him... pretty embarrassing
Great stories Dan! I'm surprised that with how prolific a TTMer you are, that you never got into IP.
Steve2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #268 (permalink)

i agree nice stories! had no idea that some collectors only did ttm and not both ttm and ip, i would have thought they were mutually exclusive! the only ip i ever get is baseball, but if i knew how to get musicians i'd be all over that immediately. i've been trying ttm for a bunch of actors and musicians lately and have gotten nothing to show for it. i guess i should stick to baseball
Old 11-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #269 (permalink)

The Trout is legit. I got this one IP at Fenway:

The pen pressure is the exact same, as far as I'm concerned. Nice returns!
Old 11-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #270 (permalink)

I was waiting to see if I got any more ttms this week before scanning this, but here's a crop of my Mike Trout ip from 2012 ST. I'm surprised I haven't gotten anything else since thursday, but at least I got 5 things this week!

I know it looks jokingly bad xD Super rushed for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Rukastar's 2013 TTM-troutip12.jpg  
Old 11-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #271 (permalink)

Posting some pictures now for my entry in Dan's contest. It's easier if I upload them to a post and then embed the pictures in another post Fingers crossed I might get a return today, it's been a cool week since I've gotten anything! I've got the shakes. haha. +5 points for anyone who can guess these two balls.
Attached Thumbnails
Rukastar's 2013 TTM-20131129_114745.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-20131129_114949.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-20131129_115401.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-20131129_115421.jpg   Rukastar's 2013 TTM-20131129_115606.jpg  

Last edited by rukastar; 11-29-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #272 (permalink)

Very nice Puig and Votto signed baseballs. You dont see many Puig IP successes anymore.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #273 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
Very nice Puig and Votto signed baseballs. You dont see many Puig IP successes anymore.
Thank you! I was lucky to get them both during Spring Training this year.

Was hoping for a return today (it's been a full week of no returns), did get something but it was quite the slap in the face... hahaha... I got a return to sender from Demian Bichir, he's a Mexican actor who was in Machete Kills, part of the project I'm trying to complete this offseason. There's two RTS stickers on it, the top one: "RTS Not deliverable as addressed/unable to forward" and the one under it: "Unable to forward/for review". Can someone please explain to me wtf happened? Lol. I've never seen a RTS take so long to come back, this was like 32 days later.

It's a risky project, just because a lot of the addresses I used were sketch and I had a bad feeling I was going to expect a few RTSs with it.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #274 (permalink)

not much of an update today, but i was given a new address online for Bichir.. so i'm sending that out today along with a big international sendout for FC Bayern Munich soccer. I also sold 4 games on amazon so I have to go to the post office for a bunch of stuff today.

If you have any video games laying around, you can get some good money for them this time of year. I use ps4 and ps3 almost exclusively now, so my 360 is pretty useless. most of the games I've sold have gotten me $10-20 a piece. More than Gamestop for sure.

On the topic of those Trout autos from a few weeks back, I heard on a different forum that his girlfriend posted pictures on twitter of him signing mail back in the middle of the month. That trout card was the last thing i've gotten, i've been in a bit of a ttm drought since then!

Last edited by rukastar; 12-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #275 (permalink)

Very VERY happy to post my first success in almost two weeks! A great way to end a drought too, by getting something back you pretty much expecting to never see again.

In what is now my LONGEST ttm of 2013, I was shocked to get back Bryce Brentz today! Blue and personalized on a 2012 heritage... 234 days later! I sent this one back in April to the Pawsox just a little over an hour away in Rhode Island, I really thought this one was a goner especially since his season was cut short due to injury over the summer.

I'll post scan along with next success (whenever that might be, hopefully not another two weeks!). To sort of update what I said in the previous message, I haven't yet sent to Bayern Munich soccer because I need to include some Euro bill with my request and honestly my friend and I have done almost everything in our power to get some, and it's an incredible pain. The only place we found out of the 5 banks we tried will only do it with a $100 minimum, which sucks because my friend and I who are both sending only need a few each....

Last edited by rukastar; 12-05-2013 at 02:45 PM.