Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #76 (permalink)

was excited to get a return from Memphis today, had no idea who it could have sent it since I forgot any teams even played there. 93 days since I sent it, Oscar Taveras sent my card back unsigned. Huge failure. I don't even understand why they bothered. He's on the dl now, i really thought maybe he came through. Thanks for nothing.

FAILURE
Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #77 (permalink)

Sorry to hear it man, those kinda of returns are so disappointing. Haha maybe he gave you another one of those "invisible autos" like when he didn't sign some of his Bowman autos.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
was excited to get a return from Memphis today, had no idea who it could have sent it since I forgot any teams even played there. 93 days since I sent it, Oscar Taveras sent my card back unsigned. Huge failure. I don't even understand why they bothered. He's on the dl now, i really thought maybe he came through. Thanks for nothing.

FAILURE
Darn. I sent to him in April. Looks like it's definitely coming back unsigned.

Last edited by centereacan06; 08-16-2013 at 02:09 AM.
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:

FAILURE
That's a bummer man! I was lucky enough to find somebody to 50/50 him. Of course, the card I got back was smeared, but oh well, nothing I can do about it now.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #80 (permalink)

Ji Man Choi today of the AA Mariners! I got him on a chrome bowman 2013, he also included his own card (AA team card, very cool). 11 days

I'm keeping the envelope with his writing on it too
Attached Thumbnails
Rukastar's 2013 TTM-get-attachment-1-.jpg  

Last edited by rukastar; 08-05-2013 at 08:25 PM.
rukastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #81 (permalink)

So I'm heading out tomorrow on a little road trip with my dad, we'll be heading up to Portland for friday's game against Bowie (Owens Hadlock debut!) and then we'll hop over to Machester on saturday night against Richmond. I'm bringing 18 cards, and 4 photos.

Sea Dogs:

Bard ('12 Bowman chrome, he's hurt so i'm not putting much hope into this)
Barnes ('13 Bowman Platinum, just pulled yesterday)
Cecchini ('12 Bowman Platinum)
Owens ('13 Pro Debut, fingers crossed!)
Shaw ('13 Bowman)
5x7 of Keith Couch from Futures @ Fenway

Bowie:
Kyle Hudson ('12 Topps)
Eduardo Rodriguez ('13 Pro Debut, already sent him '12 Bowman Chrome, hasn't returned)
8x10 of Christian Walker from CWS (Really hoping to get this signed, I think he'll be huge)

Also, David Ross might make a rehab appearance so I brought a card of him ('11 top) even though I'm not hopeful it will happen.

------------------------------------
For saturday in New Hampshire;

Fisher Cats:
Drabek ('13 topps)
Hutchison (he might be moving rehab to AAA so not expecting this)
Jimenez ('13 pro debut, already sent him '12 BP flag but not expecting him to return)
Loewen ('06 UD WBC card)
Nolin ('13 Pro Debut)
Stroman ('12 Bowman)
Talley ('12 Bowman green refractor)

Richmond:
Krill (purple '12 bowman)
Panik ('12 heritage, i've gotten him ttm but I thought this would look nice in silver )
Vogelsong ('13 Bowman, supposedly ending rehab soon so i haven't much faith)

4x6 of Edwin Escobar (kind of crappy, wish i had a better pic to print)
4x6 of Angel Villalona (hurt actually, not expecting this one either).

If I have the chance tomorrow before I'll leave, I might head over to CVS to make a better print of Escobar and perhaps a print of Franklin Morales if he's still doing rehab)
Old 08-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #82 (permalink)

Just returned to the hotel from a VERY long day at Portland. Due to rain the game was delayed 2 hours. I was very fortunate to get almost all my items signed - before the game i got couch, cecchini and Hudson (Bowie). Unfortunately, Christian walker is hurt according to the coach i talked to. So he wasn't there, and also Rodriguez (Bowie) wouldn't sign before since he started the game. Sticking around afterwards, i was so thrilled to get not only Barnes and Shaw (again, better cards) but also Henry Owens who has thrown a nasty 18 strikeouts in his first two games, like 7 of which came today.

Overall a fantastic yet stressful day, i hope to still see new Hampshire tomorrow although i might be forced to end the weekend roadtrip premature due to a family emergency...
Old 08-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #83 (permalink)

Wow awesome. The Owens is sick in particular because he doesn't sign TTM and doesn't yet have a Bowman auto in Red Sox uni!

I hope everything's OK with the family emergency- my thoughts are with you.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Just returned to the hotel from a VERY long day at Portland. Due to rain the game was delayed 2 hours. I was very fortunate to get almost all my items signed - before the game i got couch, cecchini and Hudson (Bowie). Unfortunately, Christian walker is hurt according to the coach i talked to. So he wasn't there, and also Rodriguez (Bowie) wouldn't sign before since he started the game. Sticking around afterwards, i was so thrilled to get not only Barnes and Shaw (again, better cards) but also Henry Owens who has thrown a nasty 18 strikeouts in his first two games, like 7 of which came today.

Overall a fantastic yet stressful day, i hope to still see new Hampshire tomorrow although i might be forced to end the weekend roadtrip premature due to a family emergency...
Sucks the weather was so bad but glad you got a bunch to sign. I'm going to my last game of the year on Sunday and hope to get Owens
Old 08-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Sucks the weather was so bad but glad you got a bunch to sign. I'm going to my last game of the year on Sunday and hope to get Owens
Good luck bro! Ill be seeing my last rock cats game when Trenton comes through. I can't believe this season has gone by so quickly! I hope next season will be even better. Johnson, light, swihart, betts... i hope Bundy will return to Bowie - Trenton should have Mason Williams. And new Britain should have buxton
Old 08-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Good luck bro! Ill be seeing my last rock cats game when Trenton comes through. I can't believe this season has gone by so quickly! I hope next season will be even better. Johnson, light, swihart, betts... i hope Bundy will return to Bowie - Trenton should have Mason Williams. And new Britain should have buxton
I know it! Next season should be awesome!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #87 (permalink)

so i ended up just coming home and cutting the weekend short, I didn't see New Hampshire and Richmond tonight. However, when I got home I did have a ttm from Justin Nicolino waiting for me. 7 days too. i'll post scans tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Rukastar's 2013 TTM-get-attachment-2-.jpg  

Last edited by rukastar; 08-11-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #88 (permalink)

Got back Hisanori Takahashi today from AAA Colorado Springs, 17 days or so. I'm not going to post a pic though, because I'm immediately sending this card out to Koji it's the 2011 dual topps card, Hisa signed nice in black. I sent it to Hisa first because I was less confident of his signing ability than Koji.

I'm curious about something though, I ran out of the peel envelopes and now I'm stuck with just lick ones. Do people usually send the lick ones? I'm worried that players won't lick them right or something...
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Got back Hisanori Takahashi today from AAA Colorado Springs, 17 days or so. I'm not going to post a pic though, because I'm immediately sending this card out to Koji it's the 2011 dual topps card, Hisa signed nice in black. I sent it to Hisa first because I was less confident of his signing ability than Koji.

I'm curious about something though, I ran out of the peel envelopes and now I'm stuck with just lick ones. Do people usually send the lick ones? I'm worried that players won't lick them right or something...
I usually send lick envelopes in my SASE and players usually tape them. It should be a big deal.
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #90 (permalink)

I would strongly recommend the peel-to-seal envelopes. Most players are willing to do the lick ones, but if you want the 20% or so that won't, then you should get the other kind. A few players have tweeted about how annoying the lick ones are and how the peel-to-seal ones are a "player's best friend" (Andrew McCutchen). Think about how terrible it would be to go through a stack of 40+ pieces of fan mail and have to lick each one closed. The lick to seal envelopes also run the risk of the player not licking it securely and the cards falling out in transit, which can happen.

Nice Hisanori and good luck with Koji! I sent that dual card to Hisa last year and never heard back, hopefully you'll manage to finish it off!!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahkalifungo View Post
I would strongly recommend the peel-to-seal envelopes. Most players are willing to do the lick ones, but if you want the 20% or so that won't, then you should get the other kind. A few players have tweeted about how annoying the lick ones are and how the peel-to-seal ones are a "player's best friend" (Andrew McCutchen). Think about how terrible it would be to go through a stack of 40+ pieces of fan mail and have to lick each one closed. The lick to seal envelopes also run the risk of the player not licking it securely and the cards falling out in transit, which can happen.

Nice Hisanori and good luck with Koji! I sent that dual card to Hisa last year and never heard back, hopefully you'll manage to finish it off!!
I have alway used lick one and I haven't had a problem yet but I do see where you are coming from. I love how Cutch tweets but he hasn't signed any TTMs for the past few years (according to SCF)
Old 08-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
I have alway used lick one and I haven't had a problem yet but I do see where you are coming from. I love how Cutch tweets but he hasn't signed any TTMs for the past few years (according to SCF)
Haha yeah he tweeted that back in '12 spring training, that was the last time he has signed.

Feel free to use whatever envelope you want, but you can't really say for certain whether or not not you've had a problem with the lick ones, because the players that don't sign if you send lick envelopes simply won't send back. So probably about 5-10% of your pending requests would have been successes with peel envelopes IMO.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha yeah he tweeted that back in '12 spring training, that was the last time he has signed.

Feel free to use whatever envelope you want, but you can't really say for certain whether or not not you've had a problem with the lick ones, because the players that don't sign if you send lick envelopes simply won't send back. So probably about 5-10% of your pending requests would have been successes with peel envelopes IMO.
Maybe thats why Mariano hasn't responded to my 20+ requests haha. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:

So you sent to Hisanori and he didn't return it? That sucks, but he moved around a lot last year so i can kind of see why.

What's weird though, is that the sig I have from Hisa looks way different than his normal sigs. I'm not sure if he's changed it or if it just looks funky because of the small space.

I was expecting: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/play..._autograph.jpg

but it looks more like http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...bBPcGs7QHg.jpg
Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #95 (permalink)

I'm hesitant to use the peel envelopes as the SASEs because I honestly think some players are not attentive enough to peel and seal, and just send them out without anything holding the envelope shut. I've seen it happen before. Not saying all players are dumb as a box of rocks, but you'd be surprised. If a guy doesn't sign just because it's a lick envelope, then oh well. It's a couple of five-cent (if not under) commons that don't come back. Besides, those envelope-moistening things are available at most office supply stores for pretty cheap, and I'm sure there are a few in most clubhouses.
Steve2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #96 (permalink)

Really excited to see Trenton on monday when they come to New Britain, Mason Williams was just promoted! Already have cards for Sanchez, Pirela, and Stevenson but I don't think I'll be able to get a card of Williams before then
Old 08-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #97 (permalink)

Awesome! Yeah my "home" EL team is the B-Mets, so we'll be seeing your Rock Cats tonight. And despite the three different times Trenton has come to town, I haven't been able to make it down for the Thunder, so I'm excited that, barring massive collapses by both teams, it looks like Binghamton will likely meet Trenton in the first round of the playoffs.
Steve2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #98 (permalink)

again, no autographs today. i've been waiting on luis sardinas, jose cisnero, nick delmonico, and luke jackson since they recently got back to other people but still nothing. I'm willing to write off Sardinas anyway, he's been promoted and it's been too long.

I did get a failure today though, I got a RTS from Bobby Doerr using the addy from the ttm manager with all the successes.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
again, no autographs today. i've been waiting on luis sardinas, jose cisnero, nick delmonico, and luke jackson since they recently got back to other people but still nothing. I'm willing to write off Sardinas anyway, he's been promoted and it's been too long.

I did get a failure today though, I got a RTS from Bobby Doerr using the addy from the ttm manager with all the successes.
Oh no! What did it say? Refused? NSN (no such number)?
Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh no! What did it say? Refused? NSN (no such number)?
it said "forward time exp". I sent it to the normal addy, i'm not sure what happened.