Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default PistolPete7's TTM Thread

Hey guys, TTM'ing is my favorite part of our hobby and I figured I would start a thread to share my successes and failures. I'll show some autographs I've gotten in the past. Everything is in perfect shape but my scanner isn't the best. I actually got the Joe Panik today. It looks great. These range from right now to a couple of years ago. Lmk what you think! - Pete

Index cards: Fred Lynn and Rollie Fingers, respectively. There is no damage on the Fingers autograph, just the scanner.

Yogi Berra

Old 06-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very nice! I wish I had some cards of Meadows when I sent to him. Oh well, I'm still satisfied with 2 4x6 photos of him.
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Very nice! I wish I had some cards of Meadows when I sent to him. Oh well, I'm still satisfied with 2 4x6 photos of him.
Thanks! And yeah I think photos are just as good, but he seems like a good signer I don't think he'll just stop signing TTM but we'll see.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Very nice TTMs! Thanks for sharing
Old 06-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahkalifungo View Post
Very nice TTMs! Thanks for sharing
Thank you! I appreciate it
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Just an FYI. Figuring you got your yogi a couple years ago when he was signing sporadically...... Here is mine came back from PSA about two months ago

Old 06-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey man, where did you send to for Peyton Manning?
I'm better at life than you. -Richard Sherman
Middy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middy4 View Post
Hey man, where did you send to for Peyton Manning?
I sent to his foundation while he was injured a couple years ago. I don't think he signs right now but it doesn't hurt to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Just an FYI. Figuring you got your yogi a couple years ago when he was signing sporadically...... Here is mine came back from PSA about two months ago

That is AWESOME. I'm glad to see it's authentic, and that auto on the A&G looks great. I didn't have a card of Yogi at the time but I'm content to have the index card signed. Nice card!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete7 View Post
I sent to his foundation while he was injured a couple years ago. I don't think he signs right now but it doesn't hurt to try.

That is AWESOME. I'm glad to see it's authentic, and that auto on the A&G looks great. I didn't have a card of Yogi at the time but I'm content to have the index card signed. Nice card!
The index card is great! Endless options. Get it authenticate then may it or something. Only cost me like $15 to authenticate it and $15 for the Musial from the same set.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
The index card is great! Endless options. Get it authenticate then may it or something. Only cost me like $15 to authenticate it and $15 for the Musial from the same set.
That Musial looks amazing too. I tried to send to him twice when he was signing, roughly around the same time Yogi was signing. Got an unsigned postcard back both times. But I think your Yogi and Musial autos show why TTM autos are so fun to collect, I'd much rather get those through the mail and get them ceritified/graded than buy an auto of them on ebay or pull one from a box.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
That Musial looks amazing too. I tried to send to him twice when he was signing, roughly around the same time Yogi was signing. Got an unsigned postcard back both times. But I think your Yogi and Musial autos show why TTM autos are so fun to collect, I'd much rather get those through the mail and get them ceritified/graded than buy an auto of them on ebay or pull one from a box.
Yeah they look amazing encapsulated. I agree that was the prime of my short ttm career. I figured out that with Musial you had to either send an oversized envelop so he could include one of his hall of fame signed cards or write on your regular envelope that donation is enclosed. He was super hard to get for a while but then he started signing like crazy. Did you get trout ttm?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah they look amazing encapsulated. I agree that was the prime of my short ttm career. I figured out that with Musial you had to either send an oversized envelop so he could include one of his hall of fame signed cards or write on your regular envelope that donation is enclosed. He was super hard to get for a while but then he started signing like crazy. Did you get trout ttm?
No, I got Trout before a game at Fenway 3 weeks ago. Was gonna write to him when he was a prospect but I didn't have a card so that makes up for it. Looks great in person I love it
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I got Trout before a game at Fenway 3 weeks ago. Was gonna write to him when he was a prospect but I didn't have a card so that makes up for it. Looks great in person I love it
Well I got ya beat. I pulled his bowman chrome xfractor auto out of a bargain bin at target a few years ago sold it for about $100.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I got ya beat. I pulled his bowman chrome xfractor auto out of a bargain bin at target a few years ago sold it for about $100.
Ouch. I feel your pain.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've gotten two returns back recently just haven't had the chance to update my thread, here they are: Johnny Bucyk 2/2, returned 7/3/13 and JJ Watt 1/1, returned 7/5/13. Awesome!

I also picked up a few cards on COMC, I've sent out two requests and I have about five more I'll try to get out within the week. Thanks for looking!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

Finally got around to scanning the returns I've gotten back in the last couple of months. TTM'ing has always been my favorite part of the hobby and I'm really glad to have received a couple of my favorite autographs recently. Thanks for looking!

Requested '04 WS Champs on the Timlin and he signed it! Also, the McCullers didn't come out perfect but just to know he took the time to read my letter/sign the card is enough for me. I love it!

Requested '04 WS Champs on the Mueller as well and it came out amazing! Definitely one of my favorite autographs, he was a stud back in the day for the Sox. And lastly, I received Appel back today care of Quad Cities. Came out perfect!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

really awesome Mueller success! the 04 sox meant so much to me as a kid. i have timlin, youk, bellhorn, kapler, arroyo, and embree in my collection but always looking to expand! where did you send the Mueller to?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
really awesome Mueller success! the 04 sox meant so much to me as a kid. i have timlin, youk, bellhorn, kapler, arroyo, and embree in my collection but always looking to expand! where did you send the Mueller to?
Me too, Mueller's address is:
Bill Mueller
570 W. Canyon Way
Chanlder, AZ 85248
USA

Did you get all of those Sox TTM?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #19 (permalink)

thank you for the address! I only got Bellhorn and Timlin TTM. but that was like, 4 years ago before I even got into ttm really.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Received 2013 Topps Target Red Koji Uehara in the mail today, c/o team. Took ten days or so. Very excited about this one!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

Haven't updated this thread in a very long time. I'm still TTM'ing, just havent gotten a ton of successes recently. I sent out a lot of stuff in the beginning of December so I'm hoping to see a lot more returns. I got an awesome return today from a running back with a lot of potential. He had a great year this year when given the chance. The auto looks unreal on the card. It is a 2009 Topps Platinum White Refractor /499 of Rashad Jennings!

(12/9/13 - 1/13/14)