Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Is two first-class stamps the consensus for return postage for a manilla envelope that will hold an 8x10? I know the one I got from Tom Izzo was automated at like 77 cents.
I use 3 on every SASE.
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
I use 3 on every SASE.
I'm guessing you can "overstamp" something but insufficient postage would obviously not be good. Thanks. Also do you put a piece of cardboard in with it the photo or write "Do Not Bend" on the envelope so the mailman doesn't bend it into your mailbox?
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I'm guessing you can "overstamp" something but insufficient postage would obviously not be good. Thanks. Also do you put a piece of cardboard in with it the photo or write "Do Not Bend" on the envelope so the mailman doesn't bend it into your mailbox?
I do use cardboard and I do write to not bend on SASE. I use to check for exact postage but it was always like $1.10, $1.20 so I just use 3 stamps and not worry about a few cents here and there.
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
I do use cardboard and I do write to not bend on SASE. I use to check for exact postage but it was always like $1.10, $1.20 so I just use 3 stamps and not worry about a few cents here and there.
Thanks. My first photos should be arriving from Wal-Mart so I can finally start my StarTiger membership and really get this thing going. Thanks for the help.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Good luck!
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
Ramtart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Francisco - Bay Area, Ca.
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Good luck!
My thoughts are with Oxxon as well. Good luck to you and ask any of us if you need help!

BTW - I use 3 stamps as well for a manila envelope with a piece of thin cardboard. If you're curious about weight, take one to the P.O. and have them weight it and pay for it. Or, you can weigh it on one of those Automated Postal machines if your local P.O. has one.

Good luck!
Ram
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtart View Post
My thoughts are with Oxxon as well. Good luck to you and ask any of us if you need help!

BTW - I use 3 stamps as well for a manila envelope with a piece of thin cardboard. If you're curious about weight, take one to the P.O. and have them weight it and pay for it. Or, you can weigh it on one of those Automated Postal machines if your local P.O. has one.

Good luck!
Ram
Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately the photos are taking a little longer to ship than I thought (I still can't believe it's only been three business days seems like it's been forever. Their estimate is five max).
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Also, I ordered my photos as "luster" not "glossy". Did I make a mistake? I have two autographed photos one glossy one luster and the luster is a little dull compared to it but it still looks great. For some reason I figured the glossy photos would be more difficult to sign without doing anything to it, like what you do to cards so they are signable by rubbing something on it.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:27 AM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

I also get my pictures from Walmart mailed to my house. I get the luster and never have had a problem. As for the shipping it takes awhile at least the 5 days to get to me.
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,121
Default

Couple of questions....

Do you mail your cards in plastic holders?
Also when you mail cards do you send them in regular envelopes with a SASE folded inside?

I am LOVING that Tony Pike Auto....wanting to send one out right away!
__________________
WANTED: 2014 Allen & Ginter RED autos of:
Laura Phelps Sweatt & Samantha Briggs
I have (3) 2012 CODEBREAKER 1/1 AUTOS FOR TRADE!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Couple of questions....

Do you mail your cards in plastic holders?
Also when you mail cards do you send them in regular envelopes with a SASE folded inside?

I am LOVING that Tony Pike Auto....wanting to send one out right away!
No, I don't and there are several reasons. First, I have fat fingers and it can be hard for me to get the card out. So, I want to make sure the person signing the card does not have the same problem. Another is that sometimes people sign the holder and not the card. Third, there are times where the holder will get caught in the post office machines.

As for the envelopes I send a smaller SASE inside. Its a 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 and it fits just right in the larger one. I also use the peel and stick version of the envelopes. Remember, try to make it as easy as you can for the person to sign your card and return it.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Good luck!
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:59 AM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
No, I don't and there are several reasons. First, I have fat fingers and it can be hard for me to get the card out. So, I want to make sure the person signing the card does not have the same problem. Another is that sometimes people sign the holder and not the card. Third, there are times where the holder will get caught in the post office machines.

As for the envelopes I send a smaller SASE inside. Its a 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 and it fits just right in the larger one. I also use the peel and stick version of the envelopes. Remember, try to make it as easy as you can for the person to sign your card and return it.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.

Good luck!
good point. I have had 2 cases signed and 3 other cards damaged that were in cases. I have had 0 damages since just sending the card rawdog through the mail
__________________
blowouts resident criminal.
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 AM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,121
Default

I sent mine without cases...with the peel and stick smaller envelope...to and from address on the SASE is mine. This way when I get them back it will be a suprise as to which one it is! LOL!!
__________________
WANTED: 2014 Allen & Ginter RED autos of:
Laura Phelps Sweatt & Samantha Briggs
I have (3) 2012 CODEBREAKER 1/1 AUTOS FOR TRADE!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
to and from address on the SASE is mine.

I do this as well.
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 AM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
I do this as well.
This I never thought of, but I'm guessing that assures that if there is insufficient postage it becomes the responsibility of myself not the person sending the autograph back?
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Yes, and once I had an SASE where my address was unreadable. Something happened to it in a machine. Since the return address was also mine I was still able to have my card come back to me.
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
I do this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxxon View Post
Yes, and once I had an SASE where my address was unreadable. Something happened to it in a machine. Since the return address was also mine I was still able to have my card come back to me.
Glad I got this suggestion before sending my first photos out.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
This I never thought of, but I'm guessing that assures that if there is insufficient postage it becomes the responsibility of myself not the person sending the autograph back?
Yeah that is what I was kinda thinking. That and the suprise factor of what cards MIGHT be in it.
__________________
WANTED: 2014 Allen & Ginter RED autos of:
Laura Phelps Sweatt & Samantha Briggs
I have (3) 2012 CODEBREAKER 1/1 AUTOS FOR TRADE!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Yeah that is what I was kinda thinking. That and the suprise factor of what cards MIGHT be in it.
Never thought of that. I also like the idea that if anything, even non-postage wise goes wrong it comes back to me regardless.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Jerry Jones 1/0 c/o Cowboys signed 8x10 20 days

__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Earl Thomas 1/1 c/o team 90 days

__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,121
Default

Man those glossy cards sure repel the Sharpies don't they? I sent mostly Score base cards with my requests, they seemed to be more matte finish.
__________________
WANTED: 2014 Allen & Ginter RED autos of:
Laura Phelps Sweatt & Samantha Briggs
I have (3) 2012 CODEBREAKER 1/1 AUTOS FOR TRADE!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
raiderguy10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 3,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Man those glossy cards sure repel the Sharpies don't they? I sent mostly Score base cards with my requests, they seemed to be more matte finish.
use a magic eraser on glossies. Works wonders!!
__________________
My HOF PC:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/187413-my-nfl-hof-collection-27-go-very-scan-heavy.html
Need Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Chamberlin, Pollard, Hewitt
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Man those glossy cards sure repel the Sharpies don't they? I sent mostly Score base cards with my requests, they seemed to be more matte finish.
Yeah, I guess I didn't do to well of a job prepping this one.
__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:12 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
Oxxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brownsville, Tx
Posts: 379
Default

Raquel Welch 2/1 c/o home 38 days

__________________
Buying Quincy Carter Autos and GU! Send me a PM!
Oxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.