Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #226 (permalink)

Okay...so on the long trip back from Tennessee back home (8 hour drive), we stopped by the Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Braves) vs. Kinston Indians game (high A ball). It was a madhouse inside. It was not a good night to graph due to bunches of kids running around and making it a mob where the players sign. I was able to get the new Kinston Indians card set for this season and get several autos however. Here are the successes from last night (all pregame)..

Myrtle Beach:

Julio Teheran 5/5 (cards)- He is the reason I wanted to go to this game. Very nice guy. He was the last one to come out of the locker rooms. He was wearing street clothes as he was charting the game. Even though there were over a dozen people waiting, and the game was less than 10 minutes from starting, he signed for everyone. He signed 5 for me and my wife (total) and signed 15 for another guy. He has a GREAT looking autograph...nice and neat and you can read every letter!!

Randall Delgado- 2/2 (cards)- Another class act...very friendly and talkative.

Paul Clemens 2/2 (cards)

Matt Crim 1/1 (card)

J.J. Hoover 1/1 (card)

Luis Sumoza 1/1 (card)

KINSTON:

Abner Abreu- 2/2 (cards) Nice and pleasant as always. Class act.

Ronald Rivas 1/1 (card)

Jordan Henry 1/1 (card)

Kyle Bellows 1/1 (card)

Lucas Montero 1/1 (card)....looks like scribble!!

It was a decent night considering the chaos. It was a great trip for autographs!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
nice dude! I cannot believe the starter signed before the game... hahah.. most pitchers are doing some ridiculous superstition or listening to music... thats very cool. I have a huge NEW ERA On-Field collection and one of my favorites is the "TS" tennessee smokies cap... it fits perfect and all my players always ask me who it is.... love minor league lids!

TENNESSEE SMOKIES MINOR LEAGUE NEW ERA CAP SZ 7 1/2 - eBay (item 300431482965 end time May-29-10 18:42:10 PDT)
Nice hat!! I should have asked anyone if they wanted team sets or anything while I was there. Starlin Castro and Andrew Cashner were in the team sets even though they have been called up. They were $10...I also picked up a hat and t-shirt. The wife bought a Chris Carpenter game used jersey (the pink ribbon jersey from last season). It was $75...which was pretty good I thought for a game used jersey. Carpenter is 5-2 this year too and I think he will be in Chicago sometime next season.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #228 (permalink)

Had some nice mail waiting for me when I got back from the trip. Here are the goods...

Dick Vitale (HOF) signed 2/2 in blue sharpie baby!! (1 card, 1 index card) The index card is inscribed with "HOF 08".

Stanley Morgan signed 1/1 in black sharpie with his number 86 inscribed.

Tom Mack (HOF) signed 2/2 in blue sharpie with "HOF 99" inscribed

Floyd Bannister signed 3/3 in thin blue sharpie

Trevor Reckling signed 1/1 in black sharpie

Daniel Hudson signed 1/1 in blue sharpie with personalization

Tyler Flowers signed 1/1 in blue sharpie with personalization

and....

Matt Wieters 1/1 signed my ROMLB in ballpoint pen!!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #229 (permalink)

nice wieters!!!! I sent twice to wieters and never got a thing back.. oh well! great job, would love to see a photo of that ball
Old 06-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #230 (permalink)

Quote:
nice wieters!!!! I sent twice to wieters and never got a thing back.. oh well! great job, would love to see a photo of that ball
If you send to Wieters make sure you send in a large item, like a magazine, large picture, or ball...those are the successes that I have seen from him. The wife is going to take a picture of the Wieters, Ackley, and Vitters balls this evening and I will post them. I am scanning the cards I got signed right now.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #231 (permalink)

Here are scans of the cards that were signed in person during our trip. I will post pictures of the Vitters, Ackley, and Wieters signed baseballs a little later.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #232 (permalink)

Here are scans of the rest of the Vitters autos and the Steve Young TTM.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #233 (permalink)

Here are the autos from the Myrtle Beach vs. Kinston game.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #234 (permalink)

Here are the signed baseballs from Ackley and Vitters in person and Wieters TTM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #235 (permalink)

Here are pictures of the team helmets signed in person from the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx (Seattle Mariners AA team, with Ackley, Liddi), and the Tennessee Smokies (Chicago Cubs AA team with Vitters, Carpenter).
Old 06-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #236 (permalink)

Here are some other in person signed baseballs that I got this season at the Carolina Mudcat games...Yonder Alonso, Eric Davis, and Starlin Castro.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #237 (permalink)

Here is the Peyton Manning mini helmet that we got signed TTM...it is personalized to my wife.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #238 (permalink)

Today's mail results...9 responses came rolling in....8 positive and 1 rejection!!

Bad news first...

Barry Larkin 0/2 ....Used my SASE to mail the two cards back to me....I wish he would have just refused the letter so I didn't waste another stamp!!

Good news...

Baseball:

Kevin Mench- signed 3/3 in black sharpie with personalizations and number 24 inscribed.

Frank Tanana- signed 5/4 in blue sharpie. He wrote a bible verse on each card, and sent an extra religious card that was signed as well.

Christopher Parmelee- signed 1/1 in thin blue sharpie. He signed his Bowman "Topps 100" prospect card...I like these cards and I am getting as many of the prospects to sign them as possible.

Tony Sanchez- signed 2/2 in blue sharpie (including 1 "Topps 100" prospects card).

Football:

Jason White (Heisman winner)- signed 2/2 in black sharpie with number 18 inscribed

Mark Brunell signed 3/3 in black sharpie with number 8 inscribed. Also sent me a note about his foundation. He hand wrote a short note on there for me thanking me for my nice letter and hoping that I enjoy the cards. Nice guy.

Peyton Manning- signed 1/1 in black sharpie. I tried his foundation again, and again found success. One of the best ever, both in terms of his quarterbacking and giving back to the fans! Class act!!

Frank Gore- signed 1/2 in black sharpie. I was very excited to get this one back. He kept one of my cards, but I could care less. I am thrilled to add this one to my collection. He also inscribed his number 21.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #239 (permalink)

Me likey your recent additions!
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Today's mail results...9 responses came rolling in....8 positive and 1 rejection!!

Bad news first...

Barry Larkin 0/2 ....Used my SASE to mail the two cards back to me....I wish he would have just refused the letter so I didn't waste another stamp!!

Good news...

Baseball:

Kevin Mench- signed 3/3 in black sharpie with personalizations and number 24 inscribed.

Frank Tanana- signed 5/4 in blue sharpie. He wrote a bible verse on each card, and sent an extra religious card that was signed as well.

Christopher Parmelee- signed 1/1 in thin blue sharpie. He signed his Bowman "Topps 100" prospect card...I like these cards and I am getting as many of the prospects to sign them as possible.

Tony Sanchez- signed 2/2 in blue sharpie (including 1 "Topps 100" prospects card).

Football:

Jason White (Heisman winner)- signed 2/2 in black sharpie with number 18 inscribed

Mark Brunell signed 3/3 in black sharpie with number 8 inscribed. Also sent me a note about his foundation. He hand wrote a short note on there for me thanking me for my nice letter and hoping that I enjoy the cards. Nice guy.

Peyton Manning- signed 1/1 in black sharpie. I tried his foundation again, and again found success. One of the best ever, both in terms of his quarterbacking and giving back to the fans! Class act!!

Frank Gore- signed 1/2 in black sharpie. I was very excited to get this one back. He kept one of my cards, but I could care less. I am thrilled to add this one to my collection. He also inscribed his number 21.
WOW! Nice mailday! Shocker is that I got Larkin back today and he did the SAME THING! Even sent me my note back! I don't know what his problem is, gets me all excited seeing a SASE, and then I open the envelope and NOTHING. Now I hope he misses the Hall next year, lol.
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #241 (permalink)

great day at the mailbox! I sent to Steve Young, Peyton again, Bruce Smith, Gale Sayers, and Len Dawson all photofile 8x10s
Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramtart View Post
Me likey your recent additions!
Thanks! It has been a busy week!!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscards1013 View Post
WOW! Nice mailday! Shocker is that I got Larkin back today and he did the SAME THING! Even sent me my note back! I don't know what his problem is, gets me all excited seeing a SASE, and then I open the envelope and NOTHING. Now I hope he misses the Hall next year, lol.
Yeah, I don't know why he just doesn't refuse the mail if he isn't going to sign instead of making everyone waste an additional stamp!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
great day at the mailbox! I sent to Steve Young, Peyton again, Bruce Smith, Gale Sayers, and Len Dawson all photofile 8x10s
Did you send a donation with any of them? I think I sent a donation with Sayers, Manning, and Young. Of course Peyton sends the checks back! Bruce will send it back signed and I haven't heard back from Len Dawson yet.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:39 AM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Did you send a donation with any of them? I think I sent a donation with Sayers, Manning, and Young. Of course Peyton sends the checks back! Bruce will send it back signed and I haven't heard back from Len Dawson yet.
I sent donations to all of them. I also write and let them know that I teach (in some corny way) and include my substitute teaching business card... hahah maybe they will have a little more love for a teacher i hope It will be a long shot to get emmitt smith but i am going for it also sending Jim McMahon, Stabler and Nolan Ryan... we will see....
Old 06-15-2010, 10:43 AM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
I sent donations to all of them. I also write and let them know that I teach (in some corny way) and include my substitute teaching business card... hahah maybe they will have a little more love for a teacher i hope It will be a long shot to get emmitt smith but i am going for it also sending Jim McMahon, Stabler and Nolan Ryan... we will see....
Stabler and McMahon will both sign for free...Ryan will sign through his foundation...I think it is like $40 or so...good luck!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #247 (permalink)

After nothing yesterday, today brought Harry Carson (HOF) signed 2/2 in blue sharpie. I resent to him because the first one was somewhat smeared.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #248 (permalink)

Today brought 2 more successes...

Grant Green signed 2/2 in black sharpie

Sean Casey signed 2/2 in blue sharpie
Old 06-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #249 (permalink)

Today brought 3 successes...well, sort of...

Jason Kidd signed 1/2 in black sharpie...the card (autograph) looks horrible and barely shows up...I will probably resend this as it really looks like garbage.

Martin Perez signed 2/2 in black sharpie. One looks great, the other did not turn out well...I don't think I prepped this card good enough

Ken Oberkfell signed 4/4 in blue sharpie. All of these look great!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #250 (permalink)

A few successes came in today....

Robin Yount 0/1 ?? He returned my card back unsigned, but sent me a Hall of Fame postcard...I need to look at it closer, but it appears to be a stamp...

Clayton Richard 2/2 signed in thin blue sharpie with one personalized

Chad Jenkins 2/2 signed in black sharpie

Kyle Drabek 2/2 signed in blue sharpie