Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #276 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquo1972 View Post
Ouch. That's a tough place to land if you're a Hoosier fan. Who knows, maybe they will surprise us this year.
It's okay....in some ways I am like Reggie Miller...I don't mind being the "enemy!"
I do think they can be decent this year....maybe 6-6...or so
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #277 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
It's okay....in some ways I am like Reggie Miller...I don't mind being the "enemy!"
I do think they can be decent this year....maybe 6-6...or so
I do remember a certain Hoosier club rolling my Ducks at Autzen Stadium We thought it was going to be an absolute route, and to-date it is the worst loss in the Bellotti/Chip Kelly era.... It was the quietest, depressing, pathetic game I have ever seen there. Indiana got 6 turnovers and only beat us by a touchdown... They should have beat us 52-7.....I seen an old lady cry at that game... Never under estimate a team from the big10... We almost overlooked Purdue two times in a row... i yi yi .....
__________________
I MAKE CUSTOM ALLEN & GINTERS
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #278 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
I do remember a certain Hoosier club rolling my Ducks at Autzen Stadium We thought it was going to be an absolute route, and to-date it is the worst loss in the Bellotti/Chip Kelly era.... It was the quietest, depressing, pathetic game I have ever seen there. Indiana got 6 turnovers and only beat us by a touchdown... They should have beat us 52-7.....I seen an old lady cry at that game... Never under estimate a team from the big10... We almost overlooked Purdue two times in a row... i yi yi .....
I would love for your Ducks to beat Purdue 52-7!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #279 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Alrighty, well the 0/fer streak continues with my TTMs lately, however, the wife and I did hit up two minor league games today to get some IP graphs. I will preface all of the results by stating that it was HOT today....like 105 degree heat index hot The first game was Chatanooga (Dodgers) vs. Carolina Mudcats (Reds) AA game. It was a noon start time, and it was a tough one to graph since the players didn't take BP and barely stretched, etc. until the last minute. I did not have a chance to get to Carolina's side today, but we did have successes with Chatanooga:

The wife got about 15-20 autos on a Dodgers helmet (will post pics tomorrow). Some notables on the helmet are:

Dee Gordon
Chris Withrow
Jerry Sands
Kyle Russell
James Adkins
Aaron Miller

We got the following on cards:

Brent Leach 2/2
Chris Withrow 6/6 - class act! Very nice guy.
Danny Darwin 3/5 (did not sign for the wife, I was able to chase him down later and get him on the 3 cards I had of him)
Aaron Miller 4/4 Good guy
James Adkins 2/2
Kyle Russell 3/3 - Nice guy
Trayvon Robinson 0/1..."I can't sign Bowman or Tristar cards, if you got a Chatanooga team set card I can sign that!" whatever Trayvon!
Andrew Lambo 2/3...Didn't sign the first time, said he was running late. I chased him down as he was finishing up stretching and about to enter the dugout....not very happy about signing!!
** I didn't have a card of Dee Gordon, but he did sign my ticket...Very pleasant and nice! Class act all the way.

We left early since it was hot as Hades out and this stadium has minimal shade. I am burned nicely this evening! We then headed over to the next game...Winston-Salem (White Sox) vs. Kinston (Indians)...we decided to try to get as many autos as possible pre game and then head home. The wife was able to get complete team signed helmets from both teams! It was hilarious as the Kinston team was gathered around the helmet with about 12 or so players all waiting to sign it! They called out anyone who tried to "slip through" and not sign. One player did manage to sneak through and came over to us about 20 minutes later and said "Excuse me, but I didn't sign your helmet." It was one of the best moments from in person graphing I have had. I should add that the players were all signing the helmet after they did their pregame workouts and BP for over an hour in 100 degree heat! Winston Salem was also a great signing team and we think we got all of them to sign a White Sox helmet. Here are the cards we got signed (I am an idiot and left the Kinston cards in the car!)...

Winston-Salem:

Santos Rodriguez 1/1
Rob Sasser 1/1
Joe McEwing 2/2
Seth Loman 3/3 wrote bible reference on each card he signed...nice guy
Joe Serafin 2/2 Very nice guy!
Bobby Thigpen 6/6

All in all, it was a good day....I think we are going to another Kinston game on Thursday if the weather cooperates.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #280 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Here are the cards that we got signed yesterday at the games.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #281 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Here are some pics of the signed helmets. First up...the Kinston Indians team signed helmet.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #282 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Here are some pics of the Winston-Salem (White Sox) team signed helmet...
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #283 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Here is a pic of the Chatanooga Lookout (Dodgers) team signed helmet...only 19 autos on this one.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #284 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

I almost fell over from shock when I opened up the mailbox today and had 2 successful responses! The weeklong drought is over.

Joe Jacoby (HOF) signed 2/2 in blue sharpie with personalization and HOF inscription!

Frank Gifford (HOF) signed 1/1 in a fine black sharpie. This is the second time I got him...I tried two different addresses....the first one came back quick, this one took quite a bit longer.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:59 PM   #285 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Nada through the mail today. However, the wife and I went to the Wilmington vs. Kinston baseball game today and got some nice successes there.

The wife got a team signed helmet from the Wilmington team...including

John Lamb
Danny Duffy
Wil Myers

On cards I got the following from Wilmington (Royals)

Danny Duffy signed 6/6 on cards. He is one of the nicest players I have ever met. Talked with us for awhile and happily signed whatever we had. He told us "I'll sign whatever." He is very fan friendly. He also started tonight and pitched 5 shutout innings striking out 8 and giving up only 2 hits.

John Lamb signed 1/1 on cards. I only had one card for him to sign...I got him to sign last time he was in Kinston. Another good guy.

Buddy Baumann signed 1/1 (cards)

Shane Costa signed 1/1 (cards)

Wil Myers 0/2 (on cards) I didn't recognize him when he signed the helmet for my wife. We got all the sigs well before the game when the players were stretching and taking BP...It was hot and some players did not have their jersey #s on. When I saw him later I asked him to sign the 2 cards I had and he gave me the 1 minute sign right as practice was wrapping up...however a couple minutes later he snuck in around the back way and into the locker room. Ahhh well, at least he signed the helmet!

For Kinston I only asked Bo Greenwell to sign since we have gotten everyone else on their team...

Greenwell was very friendly and signed 4/4 cards. We talked about his dad for a bit as well. Anyone living near Salem might want to head to the stadium when Kinston comes to town. He said his dad (Mike Greenwell) was going to try to go to the games there.

Last edited by iuhoosierbb; 07-22-2010 at 11:45 PM.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 PM   #286 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Here are the pics of the cards signed from the game tonight...I will take pics of the signed helmet later.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #287 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Today brought Frank Gore in the mail. He signed 1/1 in black sharpie (not the card I sent in). This is the 2nd time I got him...he sent me a card that I didn't send him last time...I thought I would try it one more time. Still, a very nice success.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #288 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Today brought Ted Lilly signed 1/1 in black sharpie. I sent this one to spring training in February, so it took awhile, but better late than never!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #289 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Today's mail brought Nat Moore who signed 2/2 in black sharpie with his number 89 inscribed.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #290 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Okay, so we are in the middle of our move to new home and back to Indiana. The wife and I stopped in Tennessee for the weekend to catch a few West Tennessee (Seattle) vs. Tennessee Smokies (Cubs) games. We got in yesterday and was focusing mainly on Brett Jackson (been waiting awhile to see him play), Aaron Shafer, and Chris Archer. I am not going to go into everybody we got yesterday right now, but we did get Brett Jackson pre and post game (outside stadium) for 17/17 autographed cards. I think he might be a good player in MLB someday....he is also very cool in person and laid back. Aaron Shafer signed 7/7 cards. Chris Archer signed 3/3 of the cards we had of him. We got a bunch more autos as well...I will post more later on results. We are going to get a couple baseballs signed by Jackson as well this weekend...I wanted to get most of the cards knocked out first. On a side note, we sat in the first row right by the West Tennessee dugout and the wife got a cracked bat from Carlos Peguero!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #291 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Long time, no post. We made it to Indiana and our new house. We just got the Internet up and running so I will post some of my recent in person and TTM successes. Have I mentioned what a pain in the a#$ moving is??

TTM:

Terry Bradshaw 1/1 in blue sharpie

Ken Stabler signed 3/3 in black sharpie

Jethro Pugh signed 2/2 in black sharpie

Dennis Gentry signed 3/3 in black sharpie

Michael Taylor signed 1/1 in black sharpie

As I started posting last week, we ended up going to 4 West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx (Seattle) vs. Tennessee Smokies (Cubs) games. Here is the final results from the games....

SMOKIES:

Brett Jackson: 22/22 signed cards, 2/2 signed ROMLB (one baseball has "Cubs 2009 first round pick" inscribed. Also got some pics taken with him and had a chance to talk with him a few times during the weekend. Very nice guy and has a definite "California" laid back humble attitude...also played great!!

Aaron Shafer 7/7, (6 cards, 1 team picture)

Chris Archer 5/5 (3 cards, 1 team picture, 1 ticket stub from game he started)

Chris Carpenter 3/3 (2 cards, 1 team picture)

Rafael Dolis 4/4 (3 cards, 1 team picture)

Luke Sommer 3/3 (2 cards, 1 team picture)

Marwin Gonzalez 3/3 (2 cards, 1 team picture)

Marco Carrillo 2/2 (1 card, 1 team picture)

Oswaldo Martinez 2/2 (1 card, 1 team picture)

Craig Muschko 2/2 (1 card, 1 team picture)

Russ Canzler 2/2 (1 card, 1 team picture)

Robinson Chirinos 2/2 (1 card, 1 team picture)

Jake Muyco 2/2 (1 card, 1 team picture)

Marcus Mateo 2/2 ticket stub, team pic

Kyle Smit 1/1 ticket stub (just aquired from the Ted Lilly trade)

Dustin Sasser 1/1 team pic

Matthew Spencer 1/1 team pic

Tony Thomas 1/1 team pic

Jeremy Papelbon 1/1 team pic

Tony Campana 1/1 team pic
Blake Lalli 1/1 team pic

DIAMOND JAXX:

Alex Liddi 3/3 cards

Carlos Peguero 4/4 (3 cards and his cracked game bat)

Daniel Cortes 2/2 cards

Robert Rohrbaugh 2/3

Blake Beavan 2/2 (day before he was called up to AAA)

Luis Munoz 1/1 card

coaches...all former MLB players...

Andy Fox 1/1 card

Tim Laker 1/1 card

Lance Painter 1/1 card

Also took a bunch of pics the last game and got we got our pics with a bunch of the Cub players after the game.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #292 (permalink)
Member
 
Jacquo1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South Central Indiana
Posts: 340
Default

Welcome back to Indiana. Enjoy the free heat and humidity!
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #293 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquo1972 View Post
Welcome back to Indiana. Enjoy the free heat and humidity!
Thank you. No kidding about the heat and humidity...I feel like I am still in North Carolina, only no ocean!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #294 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Thank you. No kidding about the heat and humidity...I feel like I am still in North Carolina, only no ocean!!
How the hell can people stand it in Arizona? LOWS in the 90's? Unreal. To me 80 for a high is hot.
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #295 (permalink)
Member
 
danmecum51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Autzen Stadium
Posts: 4,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
How the hell can people stand it in Arizona? LOWS in the 90's? Unreal. To me 80 for a high is hot.
its a different heat. Most of the west coast has no humidity. I have been in 116 degrees in northern california and it was much more tolerable than the 95 degrees in Georgia that had 85% humidity... The West Coast rarely ever has humidity and it usually always has a nice cool breeze coming from the pacific. It cools down at night as well
__________________
I MAKE CUSTOM ALLEN & GINTERS
BUYING ALL TOMMY THORPE USA panini cards
danmecum51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 AM   #296 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
its a different heat. Most of the west coast has no humidity. I have been in 116 degrees in northern california and it was much more tolerable than the 95 degrees in Georgia that had 85% humidity... The West Coast rarely ever has humidity and it usually always has a nice cool breeze coming from the pacific. It cools down at night as well
Yeah, today here in Iowa it reached about 90 but the humidity was nasty. And you're right, I could definitely feel the "humid" aspect as opposed to just a 90-degree heat. I figured there had to be something to it since so many people (especially retired folk who you think would hate heat) live there.
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:03 PM   #297 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Today brought 2 successes...

Jay Wright Villanova coach signed and personalized an 8x10 picture with "Go Cats" inscribed...this was an email request

Lynn Swann signed an index card I sent him with personalization and "peace" inscribed
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #298 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

The wife got in a Daniel Radcliffe preprint 8x10 in the mail on Saturday. She is a big Harry Potter fan...she did get Coltrane (Hagrid) real auto a few months back if there are any Harry Potter fans on here.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #299 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 831
Default

Nothing lately in the mail...I did send out 25 more requests this week and the wife and I went to see the Louisville Bats (Reds) play the Indianapolis Indians (Pirates) AAA game this afternoon. I will say that the Louisville Bats are the worst minor league team I have ever seen BY FAR at signing. I really think they are as hard as many major league teams. We graphed pregame in the park and postgame outside the stadium and here are the results:

Juan Francisco signed 1/4. He kept rejecting everyone in the park and he only signed 1 for my wife and about 3 kids outside the stadium. Rejected everyone else.

Yonder Alonso 0/lots...He also would not pick up a pen for anyone inside the stadium and snuck away outside the stadium...I don't know of anyone that got him (we did get him earlier this season when he was in AA)

Aroldis Chapman 1/2...Did not see him at all inside the stadium. He signed for a select few while walking to his car outside the stadium. I was able to get him on a Topps 100 prospects card...the wife was not able to get him outside. I know of another guy who got shut down with him 1 on 1 outside the stadium. He does not like to sign. He sort of messed up the end of his signature on my card because he was trying to walk and sign at the same time.

Todd Frazier 3/3 (2/2 and 1/1 outside)...I think he signed for everyone both inside and out. Seemed quiet but fairly friendly.

Devin Mesoraco 5/5 (3/3 inside, 2/2 outside)...One of the nicer guys on this team and a willing signer.

Chris Valaika 3/3 Signed both of my cards and a helmet for my wife. He seemed nice enough and signed for everyone as far as I know.

Dave Sappelt 2/2 Signed 1 card for me and a helmet for my wife

Jerry Gil 1/1 Signed a card for me inside

Jeremy Horst 1/1 signed a card for me inside

Rick Sweet 2/2 signed a card and helmet for wife

Wilkin Castillo 1/3 blew everyone off inside the stadium. Signed 1 card with a scowl on his face outside the stadium.

Ted Power 0/2 Blew everyone off on many occassions inside the stadium...I don't think he signed outside the stadium either, but I could be wrong.

We spent our entire time trying for the Louisville team. I have heard stories about how bad they are about signing and I am here to say that is definitely true. The sad thing is, not only are they bad signers, but many of them had a major attitude towards the fans. From what I could see, just about everyone was being nice and respectful towards the players all day. One person did go off on Chapman for only signing for a couple people outside the stadium...but other than that people were being respectful, so I don't understand their attitudes. Oh well...
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #300 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Nothing lately in the mail...I did send out 25 more requests this week and the wife and I went to see the Louisville Bats (Reds) play the Indianapolis Indians (Pirates) AAA game this afternoon. I will say that the Louisville Bats are the worst minor league team I have ever seen BY FAR at signing. I really think they are as hard as many major league teams. We graphed pregame in the park and postgame outside the stadium and here are the results:

Juan Francisco signed 1/4. He kept rejecting everyone in the park and he only signed 1 for my wife and about 3 kids outside the stadium. Rejected everyone else.

Yonder Alonso 0/lots...He also would not pick up a pen for anyone inside the stadium and snuck away outside the stadium...I don't know of anyone that got him (we did get him earlier this season when he was in AA)

Aroldis Chapman 1/2...Did not see him at all inside the stadium. He signed for a select few while walking to his car outside the stadium. I was able to get him on a Topps 100 prospects card...the wife was not able to get him outside. I know of another guy who got shut down with him 1 on 1 outside the stadium. He does not like to sign. He sort of messed up the end of his signature on my card because he was trying to walk and sign at the same time.

Todd Frazier 3/3 (2/2 and 1/1 outside)...I think he signed for everyone both inside and out. Seemed quiet but fairly friendly.

Devin Mesoraco 5/5 (3/3 inside, 2/2 outside)...One of the nicer guys on this team and a willing signer.

Chris Valaika 3/3 Signed both of my cards and a helmet for my wife. He seemed nice enough and signed for everyone as far as I know.

Dave Sappelt 2/2 Signed 1 card for me and a helmet for my wife

Jerry Gil 1/1 Signed a card for me inside

Jeremy Horst 1/1 signed a card for me inside

Rick Sweet 2/2 signed a card and helmet for wife

Wilkin Castillo 1/3 blew everyone off inside the stadium. Signed 1 card with a scowl on his face outside the stadium.

Ted Power 0/2 Blew everyone off on many occassions inside the stadium...I don't think he signed outside the stadium either, but I could be wrong.

We spent our entire time trying for the Louisville team. I have heard stories about how bad they are about signing and I am here to say that is definitely true. The sad thing is, not only are they bad signers, but many of them had a major attitude towards the fans. From what I could see, just about everyone was being nice and respectful towards the players all day. One person did go off on Chapman for only signing for a couple people outside the stadium...but other than that people were being respectful, so I don't understand their attitudes. Oh well...
Not bad, Chapman is really good! But Alonso is very disappointing...
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.