Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #376 (permalink)

One success in the mail this afternoon...

Steve Lyons 3/3 signed in blue sharpie with one of the best nicknames ever inscribed on all three cards..."Psycho"
iuhoosierbb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #377 (permalink)

Very nice result in the mail today....

David Wright 1/1 signed in blue sharpie with his #5 inscribed. I actually forgot I sent this one!!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #378 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Very nice result in the mail today....

David Wright 1/1 signed in blue sharpie with his #5 inscribed. I actually forgot I sent this one!!
DANG! i hope i get mine back i sent it out during ST!!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #379 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
DANG! i hope i get mine back i sent it out during ST!!!!
I think you will. I think that is when I sent mine out.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #380 (permalink)

Bad news today...my donation and card were returned from the Peyback foundation and a preprint photo was sent back to me from Peyton Manning.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #381 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, that is not good. Hopefully he is feeling better soon. I know throughout the past decade or so he goes through periods where he stops signing for awhile. I really hope he is just taking a break and is not seriously ill.
Yeah you're right. I agree hopefully he is only taking a break.

GET CASH FOR MORE CARDS! HUNDREDS OF SATISFIED SELLERS - ALWAYS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
Bad news today...my donation and card were returned from the Peyback foundation and a preprint photo was sent back to me from Peyton Manning.
So much for my theory that as long as you send something to sign you'll get something back even if it's not that item signed. Can't really explain the inconsistencies. I wouldn't pin it on Peyton personally like I said before, just weird.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #383 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
So much for my theory that as long as you send something to sign you'll get something back even if it's not that item signed. Can't really explain the inconsistencies. I wouldn't pin it on Peyton personally like I said before, just weird.
Yeah, I don't blame Peyton, he signs a ton for fans. I included a $15 donation with this one and even sent an 8x10 envelope in hopes he would send an 8x10 signed photo. I did include a card as well....ahh well, I will give him another shot in the future. I have had a couple nice successes from him as well. Win some, lose some!
Old 11-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, I don't blame Peyton, he signs a ton for fans. I included a $15 donation with this one and even sent an 8x10 envelope in hopes he would send an 8x10 signed photo. I did include a card as well....ahh well, I will give him another shot in the future. I have had a couple nice successes from him as well. Win some, lose some!
Well my theory was that he doesn't oversee incoming mail so it's not like he chooses when to sign, when to send something back, etc. that's up to people at the foundation. I sent an 8x10 envelope with my request too which is why I was so bummed to get it back and find the 5x7 in there. Will have to try again sometme.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #385 (permalink)

Quote:
Well my theory was that he doesn't oversee incoming mail so it's not like he chooses when to sign, when to send something back, etc. that's up to people at the foundation. I sent an 8x10 envelope with my request too which is why I was so bummed to get it back and find the 5x7 in there. Will have to try again sometme.
I agree that he doesn't decide/handle the mail himself. I will also try again for a photo!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #386 (permalink)

try using an address/name that is different than you have sent before... They might be taking note of who is requesting now...who knows... he sent back my 8x10 Tennessee photo i sent him. He also sent back an indianapolis but did include an 8x10 of his own... who knows anymore
Old 11-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #387 (permalink)

Quote:
TTM:

Terry Bradshaw 1/1 in blue sharpie
What address did you use?
Chris528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #388 (permalink)

2 returns today.

Clayton Kershaw 1/1 signed in blue sharpie with personalization. It doesn't look good at all...he signed in blue right over his blue shirt on the card.

Keith Smart 2/1...signed the 8x10 photo of him hitting the game winning shot in the 87 championship game for IU...with personalization and IU 87 national champs inscribed as requested...very nice. Also sent an additional 8x10 (different angle of the same shot) that he signed in gold with same inscriptions. Very happy with this return. What a class act to add the extra signed and inscribed 8x10 on his own.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #389 (permalink)

1 great result today and 1 disappointment.

Bad news first...Once again, Mike Ditka refused my package and it was mailed back to me from ESPN. I am just about to give up on him as this is the 4th time he has refused my mail...both at his home address and from ESPN!! My white whale I tell ya.

Luckily I got an awesome positive result today to balance things out...

Reggie Miller 2/2 signed in black sharpie with his #31 inscribed in both. My favorite pro basketball player of all time! Basically when he retired is when I stopped watching the NBA...and now when I try to watch it, it is horrible compared to the 80s and 90s NBA! REG-GIE...REG-GIE!!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #390 (permalink)

Quote:
Reggie Miller 2/2 signed in black sharpie with his #31 inscribed in both. My favorite pro basketball player of all time! Basically when he retired is when I stopped watching the NBA...and now when I try to watch it, it is horrible compared to the 80s and 90s NBA! REG-GIE...REG-GIE!!!!
I've heard Reggie doesn't sign, so IMO those are even better! (Can't stand his sister on TNT though).
Old 11-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
I've heard Reggie doesn't sign, so IMO those are even better! (Can't stand his sister on TNT though).
Yeah, I used to hear he didn't sign as well. Then I notice a few people had positive results from another site...I sent him in a large envelope and it took about 3 months!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #392 (permalink)

Daunte Culpepper signed 2/2 in black sharpie.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #393 (permalink)

Bad news today...

Brian Urlacher came back unsigned with no note...this request has been out for about 9 months. This one sucked because I am a huge Urlacher fan.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Bad news today...

Brian Urlacher came back unsigned with no note...this request has been out for about 9 months. This one sucked because I am a huge Urlacher fan.
Before I always wondered why if they have time to send the item back, why they can't take 2 or 3 more seconds to sign it but I guess that might be proof that unlike what I thought I've seen on sites, players do not handle their own mail.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #395 (permalink)

Quote:
Before I always wondered why if they have time to send the item back, why they can't take 2 or 3 more seconds to sign it but I guess that might be proof that unlike what I thought I've seen on sites, players do not handle their own mail.
Yeah, I knew he was a longshot, but I was just surprised that he kept them for many months only to send them back unsigned.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #396 (permalink)

Today brought a "fake sketch/auto" from Seth McFarlane of Family Guy of my requested character Brian. It would have been awesome if it were real.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #397 (permalink)

Quote:
Today brought a "fake sketch/auto" from Seth McFarlane of Family Guy of my requested character Brian. It would have been awesome if it were real.
I wonder how he keeps track of the numbers. Unless he has 300 of them sitting around numbered from 1-300 and he just inscribes them and sends them out as needed.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #398 (permalink)

his secretary does the numbering. I read online that people have seen multiples of the same serial number on the same pic. example they have seen duplicates of 4/300 of brian or something....the paper is just a piece of computer paper... its worthless
Old 11-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
his secretary does the numbering. I read online that people have seen multiples of the same serial number on the same pic. example they have seen duplicates of 4/300 of brian or something....the paper is just a piece of computer paper... its worthless
Sounds unfortunate for those receiving them if you ask me. They number them to imply that it's a limited edition and they do that? I can understand not doing a real sketch for every one, but come on!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #400 (permalink)

yeah, I got Quagmire about a month or two ago and I was really disappointed with it. I think I threw it away actually... it would be taking space from someone who ACTUALLY puts effort out for their fans... anyways, there are a ton of great sketchers out there that do TTMs. I would try some of the dennis the menace guys or the batman sketches...