Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #401 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
1 great result today and 1 disappointment.

Bad news first...Once again, Mike Ditka refused my package and it was mailed back to me from ESPN. I am just about to give up on him as this is the 4th time he has refused my mail...both at his home address and from ESPN!! My white whale I tell ya.

Luckily I got an awesome positive result today to balance things out...

Reggie Miller 2/2 signed in black sharpie with his #31 inscribed in both. My favorite pro basketball player of all time! Basically when he retired is when I stopped watching the NBA...and now when I try to watch it, it is horrible compared to the 80s and 90s NBA! REG-GIE...REG-GIE!!!!
Where did you send it? I just sent one to the TNT office to his attention with a nice letter asking for an auto.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #402 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Where did you send it? I just sent one to the TNT office to his attention with a nice letter asking for an auto.
I sent it to TNT also. It took a few months to get back. I sent it in an oversized envelope as well. Good luck!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #403 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

I was disappointed in the Brian sketch/ "auto"" as well. I don't mind that they weren't an original hand drawn sketch, if it at least had a real auto on it.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #404 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
1 great result today and 1 disappointment.

Bad news first...Once again, Mike Ditka refused my package and it was mailed back to me from ESPN. I am just about to give up on him as this is the 4th time he has refused my mail...both at his home address and from ESPN!! My white whale I tell ya.

Luckily I got an awesome positive result today to balance things out...

Reggie Miller 2/2 signed in black sharpie with his #31 inscribed in both. My favorite pro basketball player of all time! Basically when he retired is when I stopped watching the NBA...and now when I try to watch it, it is horrible compared to the 80s and 90s NBA! REG-GIE...REG-GIE!!!!
I actually see Mike Ditka around 2 or 3 times a year. There is a bar near where a buddy of mine lives in Connecticut that Ditka frequents. I've chatted with him a couple of times, and is actually a really nice guy. He just would prefer it if he wasn't famous. (paraphrasing) What kind of thing would you like to get signed, if I happen by him again soon, I'll see if I can get an in person autograph for you.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:41 AM   #405 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I actually see Mike Ditka around 2 or 3 times a year. There is a bar near where a buddy of mine lives in Connecticut that Ditka frequents. I've chatted with him a couple of times, and is actually a really nice guy. He just would prefer it if he wasn't famous. (paraphrasing) What kind of thing would you like to get signed, if I happen by him again soon, I'll see if I can get an in person autograph for you.
That's awesome. I have an 8x10 picture of him when he was "flipping the bird" that I would love signed for my basement (although at this point I would like any nice picture). I have seen him sign these frequently and he usually writes "Your #1" on them as a joke. I sent him out another request with a donation enclosed to the Gridiron Greats Foundation...if I get this one returned unsigned and you are going to see him soon I would be willing to work out something with you if you can get is signed. I also have some cards of him (I think I enclosed one with the picture). Thanks for the kind offer...I will let you know what happens with this request. Please let me know if you will be seeing him in person! I have pictures of Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, Dan Hampton, Dick Butkus, Otis Wilson and others...and I really want to add Ditka and Singletary to my Bears wall of fame!!

Last edited by iuhoosierbb; 11-21-2010 at 07:44 AM.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #406 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,664
Default

I prolly won't be down that way until after the holidays, but I'll give you a heads up if I make plans to visit down that way.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #407 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 157
Default

I have heard that he wont sign that photo anymore.
Chris528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #408 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I prolly won't be down that way until after the holidays, but I'll give you a heads up if I make plans to visit down that way.
Thanks!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #409 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
I have heard that he wont sign that photo anymore.
I have not heard that, but I send a card with the photo so if he doesn't want to sign that photo hopefully he will sign the card instead. Since I am 0-4 I think with him, I would take a signed card.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #410 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Zack Wheeler 1/1 signed in black sharpie.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #411 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Received 3/3 Lance Parrish cards signed in blue sharpie yesterday.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #412 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Received 3/3 Lance Parrish cards signed in blue sharpie yesterday.
EXCELLENT Signature!!
__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #413 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
EXCELLENT Signature!!
indeed! Saturday brought a Drew Brees letter stating that he can no longer sign except for charities 0/1
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #414 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Today brought in Peyton Manning 1/1 signed in blue sharpie from the PeyBack foundation. I got this one for my sister as she was jealous over my previous successes.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #415 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Today brought in Peyton Manning 1/1 signed in blue sharpie from the PeyBack foundation. I got this one for my sister as she was jealous over my previous successes.
Okay guys, what's the joke? Did you turn Peyton against me? lol. Was my $15 check too much, as if it implied that I was donating just to get an autograph? (I've seen a lot of people sending $5 checks - returned of course).
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #416 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
Today brought in Peyton Manning 1/1 signed in blue sharpie from the PeyBack foundation. I got this one for my sister as she was jealous over my previous successes.
So how many are you up to from Peyton? I got my 3rd yesterday.
__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #417 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,602
Default

BTW do you guys know if Topps Magic cards need to be prepped or are they fine as they are?
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #418 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
So how many are you up to from Peyton? I got my 3rd yesterday.
I think I have 3 cards, 1 mini helmet. Although this last card is for my sister who is a big Peyton fan.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #419 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
Okay guys, what's the joke? Did you turn Peyton against me? lol. Was my $15 check too much, as if it implied that I was donating just to get an autograph? (I've seen a lot of people sending $5 checks - returned of course).
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I sent a $15 check with this request. I really think it just depends on who opens the mail that day...kinda the luck of the draw. They returned my check as well. Keep trying...I think you will get him to sign eventually. I am not sure about prepping the Topps magic cards...I would just to be safe. Good luck!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #420 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhoosierbb View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I sent a $15 check with this request. I really think it just depends on who opens the mail that day...kinda the luck of the draw. They returned my check as well. Keep trying...I think you will get him to sign eventually. I am not sure about prepping the Topps magic cards...I would just to be safe. Good luck!
Well I'm still holding out hope that my card will still be signed and returned since I've never seen anyone have their stuff not returned. Will probably get the Topps Magic card out tomorrow.

(I also take that comment back about thinking a 12-year old wrote my address on the envelope my PP came in. I've heard Peyton might address some of the envelopes himself. Doubt it was him especially considering I would think if he did that he could've signed my card, but oh well) I have pristine handwriting so I'm a little stuck up about people with messy handwriting.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.

Last edited by Zacky1053; 11-30-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #421 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,216
Default

Yeah I got my check back and card auto'ed every time.
Did you include a nice letter or request?
I have no idea, but try again.
__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 PM   #422 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Yeah I got my check back and card auto'ed every time.
Did you include a nice letter or request?I have no idea, but try again.
Yup. I'm pretty sure I'll keep trying 'til I get a literal "refusal".
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #423 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Today brought in a nice success...

Greg Jennings 1/1 signed in blue sharpie.

I also got my monthly refusal/return to sender picture back from Mike Ditka. I think this is his 5th time refusing me now!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #424 (permalink)
Member
 
iuhoosierbb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 821
Default

Ed "To Tall" Jones signed 1/1 in blue sharpie with HOF inscription (came in on Saturday)

Today brought Derrick Brooks 2/2 signed in black sharpie.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #425 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
So how many are you up to from Peyton? I got my 3rd yesterday.
I sent out my third today, and one for my uncle since he's a Colts fan
__________________
112 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat #SuplexRepeat #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.