Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #976 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
I would love to see your results! Don't let one person ruin a good thing.
It's not just one person. I used to post all my successes too. It became burdensome - the PMs asking about TTM (when the sticky is right above and even after being pointed to it they are just to lazy to read it), the asking for addresses even when you post you can't give it out because the celebrity asked you not to. When you get 5-10 of those a day, it just becomes more trouble than it's worth.

That being said Dan, I have to give you props because as Hoose pointed out you do a lot for the TTMers of the board. And I know you get those PMs every single day - and I give you props for being able to keep rolling with all those punches all the time.

I was the one who petitioned blowout to start the TTM board, and dan and I used to be the two biggest posters here. I just couldn't deal with it any more

Last edited by raiderguy10; 01-06-2013 at 07:49 PM.
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #977 (permalink)

aaawww man...everyone isn't posting anymore!?
This is my favorite part of the boards!!

I love posting all my new returns but I do agree it can get annoying if people who just joined the board and haven't even posted anything in this area before pop in and suddenly are wanting people to just give up the addresses!

I have asked a few times for some addresses or a few hints, I apologize if I have annoyed anyone with my questions though.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #978 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
aaawww man...everyone isn't posting anymore!?
This is my favorite part of the boards!!

I love posting all my new returns but I do agree it can get annoying if people who just joined the board and haven't even posted anything in this area before pop in and suddenly are wanting people to just give up the addresses!

I have asked a few times for some addresses or a few hints, I apologize if I have annoyed anyone with my questions though.

The sticky at the top really did help a lot. Before that it was 5-10 PMs a day about the same thing - and that was what really started annoying me (which is why I started the sticky). I never had a problem if the dedicated guys PM'd a suggestion for the sticky or asked for an addy. It was when I'd post in my thread that I couldn't give out the addy because I was asked not to, and I'd get 10 PMs about it. Maybe it's gotten better by now and I could start reposting again, but it just got to the point where the people who were too lazy to read things like the sticky and asked the same questions 10x over when the answers were there in front of them got to be too much.

Or a good example is dealing with the crap like this thread below. It just gets annoying when you think you start putting info out there to help others and people come and just ruin it for no reason other than to post on a forum it seems.

TTM Autographs that come back Questionable from PSA/DNA

Also Dan - sorry to get your thread off topic. The guy and Chip Kelly thing just reminded me why I stopped posting my successes and I guess it got me side tracked a bit . But my last real post for TTM successes was back in 2010 other than an update from MNTWINVIKINGS in early 2012. And I've never had a problem giving an address or two out via PMs. But I had a few instances the last week I posted that two members sent me a list of 30+ guys they wanted addresses for (not dedicated TTMers). That kind of was my last straw.

Last edited by raiderguy10; 01-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #979 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
The sticky at the top really did help a lot. Before that it was 5-10 PMs a day about the same thing - and that was what really started annoying me (which is why I started the sticky). I never had a problem if the dedicated guys PM'd a suggestion for the sticky or asked for an addy. It was when I'd post in my thread that I couldn't give out the addy because I was asked not to, and I'd get 10 PMs about it. Maybe it's gotten better by now and I could start reposting again, but it just got to the point where the people who were too lazy to read things like the sticky and asked the same questions 10x over when the answers were there in front of them got to be too much.

Or a good example is dealing with the crap like this thread below. It just gets annoying when you think you start putting info out there to help others and people come and just ruin it for no reason other than to post on a forum it seems.

Also Dan - sorry to get your thread off topic. The guy and Chip Kelly thing just reminded me why I stopped posting my successes and I guess it got me side tracked a bit . But my last real post for TTM successes was back in 2010 other than an update from MNTWINVIKINGS in early 2012. And I've never had a problem giving an address or two out via PMs. But I had a few instances the last week I posted that two members sent me a list of 30+ guys they wanted addresses for (not dedicated TTMers). That kind of was my last straw.
WOW! 30+!! That is rude as all hell!
Yeah your PSA post gotta outta hand, seems like the one guy was just picking a fight.

Glad I am annoying anyone...besides my wife that is! LOL!!

Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #980 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not just one person. I used to post all my successes too. It became burdensome - the PMs asking about TTM (when the sticky is right above and even after being pointed to it they are just to lazy to read it), the asking for addresses even when you post you can't give it out because the celebrity asked you not to. When you get 5-10 of those a day, it just becomes more trouble than it's worth.

That being said Dan, I have to give you props because as Hoose pointed out you do a lot for the TTMers of the board. And I know you get those PMs every single day - and I give you props for being able to keep rolling with all those punches all the time.

I was the one who petitioned blowout to start the TTM board, and dan and I used to be the two biggest posters here. I just couldn't deal with it any more
Raiderguy is exactly correct. I have tried to post now and again, but I get PMs asking me questions that are in that sticky...over and over and over again. I don't mind helping out the TTM folks with addresses or other info from time to time, but when people wont read the sticky and ask me all the questions from that it drives me crazy.

Garpike- You are free to PM me with questions etc. I am not talking about the core group of individuals on here who I have interacted with on many occasions! There are several people on the TTM section who I respect and are happy to assist whenever possible. Most of you probably know who you are!

Dan-I wouldn't say I have a goldmine recently with the moving and all! Too busy to do much TTM since Halloween. Hopefully soon! Also, sorry about hijacking this thread for a day!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #981 (permalink)

Quote:

It ha got a lot better than before. I don't get bombarded like I used to. There for a while it was crazy I'd get flooded with pms asking me for addresses from guys who had 0 posts. I don't mind giving some hints here and there but I spend a lot of time researching my addresses paying money for a couple paid sites and I think it's fun to get something not many people have got in. It's like a scavenger hunt. I don't like it when people post addresses. Guys like Ernie banks Peyton and west stop signing because they get flooded. I hope you'd continue to post it makes it fun for the rest of us to look at. I enjoy seeing big returns from everyone else.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #982 (permalink)

Well I just sent out 76 requests the final week of football c/o the team - hoping to catch them on their way out the door for the offseason. Maybe I'll try posting as (if) I get them back and see how it goes. But I agree - I pay $35 each year for the Meisellman list....and 1 or 2 here or there isn't bad. But getting 30 requests plus is just ridiculous and blows my mind to be honest.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #983 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I just sent out 76 requests the final week of football c/o the team - hoping to catch them on their way out the door for the offseason. Maybe I'll try posting as (if) I get them back and see how it goes. But I agree - I pay $35 each year for the Meisellman list ....and 1 or 2 here or there isn't bad. But getting 30 requests plus is just ridiculous and blows my mind to be honest.

What is the Meisellman list? It is sports or Celebrity?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #984 (permalink)

Quote:
What is the Meisellman list? It is sports or Celebrity?

sports list. the best in the business. you won't find a bad review. about 80% of living players there.

Sports Address Lists
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #985 (permalink)

Quote:
sports list. the best in the business. you won't find a bad review. about 80% of living players there.

Sports Address Lists
Ah...Pretty cool. Sorry for the questions, but are the addresses in that list home addresses? Seems like the current players could just be contacted thru the team. That would definatley be worth the $ if it was home addresses!! LOL!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #986 (permalink)

it's home addresses. players get much less mail at home, and your chances a bit better. it didn't have rookies or most second year guys, but seasoned vets and retired players are almost all there.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #987 (permalink)

Quote:
it's home addresses. players get much less mail at home, and your chances a bit better. it didn't have rookies or most second year guys, but seasoned vets and retired players are almost all there.
hhhmmmm Most of who i send out to is Rookies so I guess I will keep using this one for now:

SCF Through The Mail Manager

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #988 (permalink)

Randall Cobb and Dan Fouts

Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #989 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Randall Cobb and Dan Fouts

Nice pickups! I just sent out to Fouts...traditionally I have not had great luck with him...I think I am 1/3 with him in the past. I need to send Cobb a couple more cards out as well.
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #990 (permalink)

Randall Cunningham and Kellen Moore again. Ill give Kellen a break. Randall and one of the kellens are 8x10. The other kellen is a 4x6

Old 01-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #991 (permalink)

I am getting jealous here...lol.
It has been too long long since my last success!
I mean it was LAST YEAR! (Dec 29th) LOL!

Great stuff today though!!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #992 (permalink)

Quote:
I am getting jealous here...lol.
It has been too long long since my last success!
I mean it was LAST YEAR! (Dec 29th) LOL!

Great stuff today though!!
Thanks. I've been sending out a lot lately so it's par for the course I think. Since I figured out the Costco deal I've ordered 100 8x10s. If I were to buy those on eBay it would have cost me around $600 but luckily I've got them for $149. I'm thinking about selling photos on eBay. I could make a little extra cash if I bought my shipping supplies in bulk.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #993 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks. I've been sending out a lot lately so it's par for the course I think. Since I figured out the Costco deal I've ordered 100 8x10s. If I were to buy those on eBay it would have cost me around $600 but luckily I've got them for $149. I'm thinking about selling photos on eBay. I could make a little extra cash if I bought my shipping supplies in bulk.
Selling photos would be a great way to help offset the cost!
But could you get in trouble with copyrights and such?

Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #994 (permalink)

Quote:
Selling photos would be a great way to help offset the cost!
But could you get in trouble with copyrights and such?

Crap I didn't even think about that. Maybe i won't ha ha
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #995 (permalink)

Hey guys if youre interested here are some of my new ttms going out... I had a PM last week asking me who i am sending out to in the near future so here is a little bit of whats heading out

8x10 photo TTM madness - YouTube
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #996 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey guys if youre interested here are some of my new ttms going out... I had a PM last week asking me who i am sending out to in the near future so here is a little bit of whats heading out

8x10 photo TTM madness - YouTube
Thanks for the heads up...LOL!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #997 (permalink)

Two more 8x10 successes. Ryne sandberg and Ed hochuli

Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #998 (permalink)

Awesome, love the Hochuli sports illustrated!!

2014 IP Auto's: Cards-474, 8x10's-16, ROMLB-3
bronxbomber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #999 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbomber33 View Post
Awesome, love the Hochuli sports illustrated!!
Thanks both of those photos cost me only $1.49 a pop. Well worth it in my opinion.

Photo+ donation+ packaging+ postage were about $10 to get a sandberg auto. Ill take that anyday of the week
Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #1000 (permalink)

I watched one of your videos and saw you got an 8x10 of Cody Zeller. I am a huge IU fan and sent an e-mail request out to Tom Crean and they said do to NCCA rules they only sign at games and events. I don't know if he will sign but if he does let me know! Good luck!

Plus I just saw to you only need 1 more reply for 1,000! Congrats!
STLCARDINALS is offline   Reply With Quote