Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default where to print photos?

I want to get a bunch of pictures from google printed as 8x10s, and I was wondering where everyone gets theirs made?
I tried at walmart once a few years ago, and was hassled for printing copyrighted pictures and they had to destroy them.

so i'd like an idea before I try this time around.
89transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Walgreens got wicked pissed with me over copyright disputes on MY FIRST attempt at printing an obviously infringed 8x10 back last year. I had uploaded it to their site and had it sent to print at the nearest local spot. When I came in and paid the $5 for it, they sold me the picture anyway even though they intentionally damaged it. Then they had the guts to criticize me to my face for printing a photo i obviously didn't take. Long story short, I don't go to Walgreens for anything now, lol.

Having now gained more experience in this though, I've NEVER had a problem with CVS or my preferred method, through shutterfly.com. You just copy the photos to the root of a usb drive and take it to a cvs that has a do-it-yourself photo processing booth with usb input. It's very simple - then, you take the receipt to the counter. My CVS is really laid back, they never even look at the receipt, they just take my word for it on how many prints i made. It's really easy, but the quality sometimes of the paper is a little poor in my opinion, sometimes I notice little splotches or scrapes on the paper. And with glossy pics from there, I ALWAYS notice the ink bubble on the surface just like any unprepped card.

With shutterfly.com, you upload the pictures into an album you create. First, you have to make an account - believe me it's very easy and quick. They'll even give you 100 free 4x6s when you sign up. I've printed all kinds of stuff through them, even trademarked logos and a plethora of infringed images, and they never say or do anything. They mail the pictures to you in secure and well-packaged envelopes in a few days. Very satisfying service for my autograph purposes, although sometimes if I need something quick I'll hit up CVS for same day image printing.

I hope all this information helps you and anyone else interested.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

NationsPhotoLab when they have sales. Stock up then.

Costco if short notice.

Last edited by SDcardguy24; 11-01-2013 at 07:19 PM.
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

if you have a costco anywhere near you, no need to go anywhere else. $1.49 all day long. Printing is the best quality I have found. No hassle, usually print them in less than an hour. No problems with them at all... printed thousands of photos through them
Old 11-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
Walgreens got wicked pissed with me over copyright disputes on MY FIRST attempt at printing an obviously infringed 8x10 back last year. I had uploaded it to their site and had it sent to print at the nearest local spot. When I came in and paid the $5 for it, they sold me the picture anyway even though they intentionally damaged it. Then they had the guts to criticize me to my face for printing a photo i obviously didn't take. Long story short, I don't go to Walgreens for anything now, lol.

Having now gained more experience in this though, I've NEVER had a problem with CVS or my preferred method, through shutterfly.com. You just copy the photos to the root of a usb drive and take it to a cvs that has a do-it-yourself photo processing booth with usb input. It's very simple - then, you take the receipt to the counter. My CVS is really laid back, they never even look at the receipt, they just take my word for it on how many prints i made. It's really easy, but the quality sometimes of the paper is a little poor in my opinion, sometimes I notice little splotches or scrapes on the paper. And with glossy pics from there, I ALWAYS notice the ink bubble on the surface just like any unprepped card.

With shutterfly.com, you upload the pictures into an album you create. First, you have to make an account - believe me it's very easy and quick. They'll even give you 100 free 4x6s when you sign up. I've printed all kinds of stuff through them, even trademarked logos and a plethora of infringed images, and they never say or do anything. They mail the pictures to you in secure and well-packaged envelopes in a few days. Very satisfying service for my autograph purposes, although sometimes if I need something quick I'll hit up CVS for same day image printing.

I hope all this information helps you and anyone else interested.
great advice, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
NationsPhotoLab when they have sales. Stock up then.

Costco if short notice.
I've never heard of that site but after checking it out I will definitely be trying it. prices are good too. thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
if you have a costco anywhere near you, no need to go anywhere else. $1.49 all day long. Printing is the best quality I have found. No hassle, usually print them in less than an hour. No problems with them at all... printed thousands of photos through them
awesome, my office is about 3 minutes away from a Costco and we have a company membership card. I never knew they had a photo lab, but at $1.49 i'm going to have to try them out. thanks!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

I print mine at home, but I only print 4x6. They look just as good and the cost to mail is less (one stamp per envelope).

2013 Topps Pro Debut Signed Set - 009/220
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
I print mine at home, but I only print 4x6. They look just as good and the cost to mail is less (one stamp per envelope).
i was printing at home, but for some reason my printer doesn't like photo paper, and the ink doesn't stick to it. so everything printed after the attempt ends up with blotches of dried up ink stuck to it. lol its turned into quite the mess.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89transam View Post
i was printing at home, but for some reason my printer doesn't like photo paper, and the ink doesn't stick to it. so everything printed after the attempt ends up with blotches of dried up ink stuck to it. lol its turned into quite the mess.
May sound stupid, but were you putting the photo paper in facing the right way? I remember I put it in upside down once and it came out very liquidy and such.

2013 Topps Pro Debut Signed Set - 009/220
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
May sound stupid, but were you putting the photo paper in facing the right way? I remember I put it in upside down once and it came out very liquidy and such.
lol nope I had it in the right way, I learned last year about the aftermath of putting it in wrong. it was my work printer too, I thought for sure I was going to be replacing it after that mess
Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Adorama seems to work well I've heard
bucknut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

I recently started sending out 8x10s, and I've used Rite Aid for my 2 orders. The only place near me that can print photos is Walmart. I paid $2 for each 8x10, and that included shipping on my first order of 8 photos. My second order was 20 or so and shipping was only $2 or so
Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

I use walgreens(never had an issue), after you load to their site, when selecting size it will tell you what sizes are able to be printed clearly. FOR 8 X 10 be sure to search larger pixels
Old 11-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

update on this, I used walmart to order 8x10s online using obvious professionally taken photos I "borrowed" from google, and had no problems. the prints came out really good too!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Adorama works well. I like the different finishing options you can use. Walgreens works well, but can cost a bit more. They sometimes are too glossy for autographs.
bblefty21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

I used adoramapix. I got 18 8x10 for $28 or so.

AdoramaPix: Quality Photo Books, Prints and More!
redsoxfan3419 is offline   Reply With Quote