Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquo1972 View Post
My mom works in the athletic department for IU, so she gets to hear some "behind the scenes" discussions. I know at one time, the relationship between Alford and IU was strained for some reason, but it's getting much better now. It seems like one of new Athletic Director's projects these days is healing old wounds that others before him caused. They're really trying to patch things up with Coach Knight, but who knows if that will ever happen.
That is very good that they are trying to "mend old wounds." Hopefully Tom Crean can get things back to how they were in the "good old days." I know they sent an olive branch to Knight this year when they inducted him in the IU hall of fame and invited him to be honored at a football game...I wish he would have agreed to come, I can only imagine the crowds reaction if he would have come back to IU. Hopefully some day!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM   #77 (permalink)

Here's what showed up today. I'm a huge Colts fan, so I'm really excited I got these back.

Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:22 PM   #78 (permalink)

Those are absolutely nasty. I have loved dallas clark ever since I seen him smashing skulls during his Hawkeye days.. The guy is an absolute beast... Infact he might be the beastmaster
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
Those are absolutely nasty. I have loved dallas clark ever since I seen him smashing skulls during his Hawkeye days.. The guy is an absolute beast... Infact he might be the beastmaster
LOL. Before I read what you wrote I thought you had got that dudes auto.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #80 (permalink)

After a loooooong wait, a couple of requests came in today. Mark Grace signed 2/3 cards that I sent him. The Fleer card has a few smudges on it, and the Donruss card had the crap beaten out of it. One a positive note, the Topps card he sent back unsigned was perfect.

I'm really impressed with Nick Faldo. I got my email request back in nine days, and it came all the way from England. Pretty great guy.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #81 (permalink)

Hey nice successes yesterday! I'll have to try both of those guys soon. I have a few of those Grace cards that could go out as well.
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #82 (permalink)

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. One of my requests came back today, and it's one I have mixed emotions about. Lawrence Taylor originally signed a card for me a month and a half ago, but it was sent back in pretty sad shape. I resent him a second card and explained what happened and asked if he would mind signing another one. This second request was sent a few days before he was accused of raping that underage girl. I'm going to tuck this away somewhere and see what happens during his trial. It feels kind of weird getting a card back from someone who may have done what he did. I'm really surprised he is still signing TTM.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #83 (permalink)

This is, by far, my favorite TTM autograph. The only problem is that I sent one request to his foundation, and one request to the Colts. When I was writing them, I told myself to make sure and note which cards I sent to which place. Guess what? I didn't do it. I'm 90% sure this is the one I sent to his foundation. Got it back in 7 days!

Old 06-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #84 (permalink)

Very nice!!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #85 (permalink)

Good job Jake!
Ramtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #86 (permalink)

I managed to get a second Peyton Manning autograph. I can't say enough good things about that guy!

Other than the Manning, my luck has been terrible lately. I thought I was being so clever when I pulled up a schedule of all the NFL teams OTA's. I timed up all my requests for when the players would be with the teams, and so far my plan has blown up in my face. I'm still hopeful though.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #87 (permalink)

I havent seen many where he writes his number! I sent him another package. Hoping to get an 8x10 signed. If he signs that one, thats the last I will bother him... I dont want to abuse the privilege. Pretty awesome cards you got him to sign though... those look awesome!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
I havent seen many where he writes his number! I sent him another package. Hoping to get an 8x10 signed. If he signs that one, thats the last I will bother him... I dont want to abuse the privilege. Pretty awesome cards you got him to sign though... those look awesome!
I can't believe an athlete of his caliber actually signs TTM. He returned mine FAST too. I was hoping to get this last one back so I could compare autographs. I was having trouble believing his signatures weren't autopens or something, but after seeing all the different ones lately, I think they're legit.

Seeing him put his number on the card isn't a rare thing, but I don't think it's common either. I think he did it early on in his career, but got away from it later on. I wonder what dictates which signature he uses?

Like others on here, I sent a check for his foundation. He sent that check back. He did insert information about Peyton Manning Children's hospital. I'll probably send them a small donation. It's the least I can do for what Manning has done. He was already my favorite player, but he took it to the next level.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #89 (permalink)

This has been a rough month for me, but I managed to land one today. Jerry Hughes, the Colts first round draft pick this year, sent his card back signed in black Sharpie. The card looks like crap though. When I sent out my request, the only cards available of him were Press Pass cards. I knew the minute I saw them that they wouldn't be worth a darn for autos. I rubbed like crazy with an eraser trying to take the gloss off, but I either didn't do a good job or he used a weak marker. Will definately resend when I can get a better card for autos.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #90 (permalink)

Here's what showed up in today's mail. To date, this is the longest I have had to wait for a response. It took 126 days. This card was in one of the first few batches of requests when I started doing TTM autos. I sent it out before I got the tip of rubbing the cards with erasers before sending. I'm surprised this card came out as good as it did considering all of the gloss on it. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Just a side note, but he has such a clean signature. It seems like the older players take a little more pride signing their names versus today's current ones.

Last edited by Jacquo1972; 07-06-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #91 (permalink)

This isn't a TTM success, but I did want to show this because everyone here likes getting those signatures. I was wondering how someone can write so friggin' small, especially with such a huge name!

Old 07-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #92 (permalink)

Finally got one in today. Frank Gore, like he did to a few others on here, sent a card back that was different than what was sent. Just happy to get a return at this point. I've pretty much written off the first third of the auto requests I have sent out. I sent out a ton of football over the past month or so. Maybe with training camps starting up I'll get lucky.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #93 (permalink)

Finally, I had another one come in today. This is the oldest request that I have got back to date. Y.A. Tittle signed and returned my card in a little over four months.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #94 (permalink)

MAN I HOPE HE RETURNS MINE AS WELL! I sent mine about 4 months ago as well. it was an awesome 8x10 photo that I paid like $15 for! He has an awesome sig... I love it...congrats
Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #95 (permalink)

I got my third Manning auto in. When I got the card back , it had a crease across the middle. I wonder if it was done on purpose. He knew I made multiple requests, and he wanted to make sure I wasn't selling them. Still thrilled to get it back!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
I got my third Manning auto in. When I got the card back , it had a crease across the middle. I wonder if it was done on purpose. He knew I made multiple requests, and he wanted to make sure I wasn't selling them. Still thrilled to get it back!
Seems unlikely he would remember specific requests when he gets so many, but I guess anything's possible. I doubt he creased it on purpose though.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
no way he did it on purpose. If he thought you were turning a profit, he just wouldnt sign. I got my 3rd one back from him today in 8x10 form and it was flawless... do you have a scan of the card?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
no way he did it on purpose. If he thought you were turning a profit, he just wouldnt sign. I got my 3rd one back from him today in 8x10 form and it was flawless... do you have a scan of the card?

I don't have a scan of the card yet. It was a Topps Mayo card. Those things are THICK. I don't know if the post office machines could tear those thick cards up like that. Maybe some secretary was a little rough with it. I'm going to take a break from Mr. Manning. I certainly don't want to cross the line between fan and nuisance. Dan, I just saw your latest Manning. That's pretty sweet.

On a side note, Peyton is possibly the most intelligent player to ever put pads on. I bet his memory is impressive. I would be willing to be that he can recognize follow up requests from a lot of fan mail.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #99 (permalink)

Today brought Demarcus Ware C/O the Cowboys. It took 111 days because I was a dope and sent a football request out in the Spring. Becasue I am lazy too, I finally got around to throwing in a scan of the last Manning card I got.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #100 (permalink)

It's been a long time since my last post. I've been wrapped up in some other projects, but I'm ready to get back into the autos again. Here are the last two that I have received. Donovan McNabb signed 2/2 and Steve Young signed 1/1.