Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   TTM Auto (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ttm-auto/)
-   -   Mack Brown TTM PREPRINT? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/ttm-auto/62447-mack-brown-ttm-preprint.html)

sportscards1013 03-13-2010 04:57 PM

Mack Brown TTM PREPRINT?

I just got this from him in 4 days via e-mail, and I am afraid it's a preprint. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jacquo1972 03-13-2010 05:16 PM

I'd be interested in seeing it if you can get the scan up. I put in a request to him three days ago.

danmecum51 03-13-2010 10:02 PM

mine is done in a big fat sharpie... its def. ink, and it looks a little different from some of the other ones on startiger.... it might be an autopen but i dont think those have sharpie markers that fat... i dont know... post a scan and we can compare

sportscards1013 03-13-2010 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=danmecum51;500232]mine is done in a big fat sharpie... its def. ink, and it looks a little different from some of the other ones on startiger.... it might be an autopen but i dont think those have sharpie markers that fat... i dont know... post a scan and we can compare[/QUOTE]

Scanner issues...I'll see what I can do. When did you get yours in? Which picture is it?

I'm paranoid about this because I really can't tell-so paranoid that I actually had a friend send an e-mail with his address so he can get it next week and we can compare!!

danmecum51 03-14-2010 12:26 AM

well even if it is a preprint, its still for free :) Mine however, is not a preprint or autopen. I just compared it to several other photos like it and its different slightly from the other signatures

sportscards1013 03-14-2010 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=danmecum51;500394]well even if it is a preprint, its still for free :) Mine however, is not a preprint or autopen. I just compared it to several other photos like it and its different slightly from the other signatures[/QUOTE]

Which pic is it? Can I see a scan? When did you get it in? I think he's used different pictures (BCS, Big 12 Championships). I
l'll see if I can get it up here soon.

Jacquo1972 03-14-2010 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=sportscards1013;500242]Scanner issues...I'll see what I can do. When did you get yours in? Which picture is it?

I'm paranoid about this because I really can't tell-so paranoid that I actually had a friend send an e-mail with his address so he can get it next week and we can compare!![/QUOTE]

Danmecum51 has a thread for his successes. He has a scan of the one he received.

sportscards1013 03-14-2010 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=Jacquo1972;500516]Danmecum51 has a thread for his successes. He has a scan of the one he received.[/QUOTE]

My suspicions are CONFIRMED. Dan's matches mine EXACTLY, the shape and location of the sig are identical. It's too bad, but this is definitely a preprint.

Danmecum51-If you could post your pic in this thread, I'll try to get mine up and we can compare.

Thanks!

RedSox82696 03-14-2010 02:42 PM

I know a lot of people on another board, and most think it's real. Some think it's fake.

A scan would be a huge help. We don't know what to compare it too without a scan.

danmecum51 03-14-2010 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=danmecum51;500232]mine is done in a big fat sharpie... its def. ink, and it looks a little different from some of the other ones on startiger.... it might be an autopen but i dont think those have sharpie markers that fat... i dont know... post a scan and we can compare[/QUOTE]

I was comparing them to the other photos. I took the picture outside into natural light and i think sportcards is right. It looks to be a preprint. Even the message "Hooke Em: looks to be printed. Its not an autopen, as I started to think it might be. The part that says "To Dan" is definitely a sharpie, and is clearly Macks handwriting. I believe that he has the sigs preprinted and just fills in "To _______" sad, because it would only take him 3 more seconds to just sign his name. Anyways, mine is pretty cool because it does have an indentation from where he signed his name in a ballpoint pen and it clearly shows through in natural light on the photo. All-in-all, I am a little disappointed that its a preprint, but still consider it a big success because it was for free and Mack is a great coach.

[IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll233/Danmecum51/TTM/02-21-2010025858AM.jpg?t=1268596197[/IMG]

danmecum51 03-14-2010 03:52 PM

one other nice thing is that I spent a good deal of time outside examining my other photos I have received and all of them except Bo Pelini (which I already knew it was a printed sig) are authentic with sharpie.

RedSox82696 03-14-2010 05:17 PM

Compared to the pics I'm looking at on another site (sportscollectors.net), that looks good to me. They are all slightly different. For example, the little line above the beginning of the M is not on some of the ones on the other site, but is on this one.

I would suggest signing up to sportscollectors.net because it solves a lot of the "authentication" problems. They have a public forum dedicated to signings, IP autos, and general TTM topics. It helps a lot when you're looking for info. A lot of the people have a lot of knowledge on there.

Blowoutcards is the better site though in terms of baseball cards.

sportscards1013 03-14-2010 07:29 PM

OK, so I e-mailed the original address with this:
[B]Hello,

I received my package from you yesterday, and I really appreciate you sending it. The posters and photos are great, and I was very pleased with the entire package.

As an autograph collector, I like to make sure my autographs are authentic, so I was wondering if you could tell me if the Brown autograph is. Is it preprinted or real? What about the personalization?
[/B]

I got this back:
[B]The photos are pre-printed & Coach Brown signs the names

HOOK 'EM HORNS!
Kasey Johnson
[/B]

So, I guess my auto was kind of authentic?! I got Mack Brown to write two words for me, which was my original goal here, but it was a personalization instead of an autograph.

I don't know whether to consider this a success or not. What do you think?

Jacquo1972 03-14-2010 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=sportscards1013;501284]OK, so I e-mailed the original address with this:
[B]Hello,

I received my package from you yesterday, and I really appreciate you sending it. The posters and photos are great, and I was very pleased with the entire package.

As an autograph collector, I like to make sure my autographs are authentic, so I was wondering if you could tell me if the Brown autograph is. Is it preprinted or real? What about the personalization?
[/B]

I got this back:
[B]The photos are pre-printed & Coach Brown signs the names

HOOK 'EM HORNS!
Kasey Johnson
[/B]

So, I guess my auto was kind of authentic?! I got Mack Brown to write two words for me, which was my original goal here, but it was a personalization instead of an autograph.

I don't know whether to consider this a success or not. What do you think?[/QUOTE]

Email that ding-bat back and tell her that if Mack Brown is going to write two words, I would prefer them to be "Mack Brown". This is my preference, but I would rather have a legit signature than a preprint personal note.

pearljam_cubbies 03-14-2010 10:21 PM

Just my opinion but you still got a nice photo for free better than nothing.

keggobelly 03-15-2010 08:18 AM

This is the one I received last week. I had it personalized for my nephew. All writing is with black sharpie. Mine looks legit but either way this will be my 9 year old nephews favorite birthday gift!:)!
[URL=http://img171.imageshack.us/i/mackbrown.jpg/][IMG]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9461/mackbrown.jpg[/IMG][/URL]