Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dominican

Hey guys, great news my way. I will be heading down to coach Team USA 18 and under in the Dominican Republic in July 2011. I will be taking a team we get to handpick to represent our country against 5 satellite teams and then the Dominican Jr. National Team which is filled with 18 and under kids that live 365 days a year at the Dominicans "Baseball City".
I, of course, will be getting some things signed by the dominicans as they will be the next string of pros coming out of the country. What should I get signed? Some Major League baseballs? I was thinking about purchasing a WBC Dominican Batting helmet and having their whole team sign that thing..... I have a lot of time before then to think about it, but what would you guys suggest?

Ps. This is a dream come true for me as I have always wanted to wear the USA uniforms in a different country. I just didnt think it would be coaching and not playing... When I am down there, I will share all the photos and I might have to recap the trip for you guys... let me know
Old 04-04-2010, 06:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. That's awesome. I wish you the best of luck. I know you'll be loving every minute down there.

As far as the items to be signed, I prefer cards, but for those kids, baseballs would be my second choice. You probably don't know all your arrangements yet, so asking about the luggage situation may be premature. I think with baseballs being smaller, they would be easier to pack and transport.
Jacquo1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Congrats! I would love to have an opportunity like that. I like your idea of a helmet. I would probably go with that or baseballs. Good luck!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

I would get baseballs for the better known players at the time, or the higher skilled ones. For the rest, use a batting helmet. I would be interested in a batting helmet if you got a team signed one and decide to sell it.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I might try to get a couple. From what I understand, we will be with that team for an entire day. we get to tour their baseball school, the facilities, and meet some of their parents. I will have plenty of opportunities to get some things signed. I am leaning towards baseballs because we will be carrying buckets upon buckets of balls for the team over there and I could just throw some OMLBs in there. The batting helmet I could probably layout on one of the tables during dinner or something and have them sign them as they walk by.. maybe have a couple of them. If I can get multiple stuff, I will for sure hook you up. But that is a ways away! Here is what the helmets look like
Old 04-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Alright thanks, do you have any idea who would be on the team, or is it too early to find out? I know the top rated Indiana catcher who got recruited for 16U.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

on our team? We are taking 15 kids from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Northern California. We are trying to keep the kids within a good distance so we can get some practices in before we head down. I will get you a list of kids when I finalize them. I know for sure we will be taking a kid out of Beaverton Oregon named Sam Johnson... pretty legit pitcher who brings it. He is only a junior this year...
Old 04-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Id go with ROMLBs for everyone. Have fun - should be an awesome trip/experience.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote