Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default Clarkandlewis's TTM and IP Thread!

Hey guys,

With the start of the season just over a week away, I decided to make my own thread! I've been doing TTM for a little under 2 years now and it is probably my favorite part if the hobby. I do IP autographs as well whenever I can. I live close to the Long Island Ducks and I will be doing a couple of their games hopefully as well as some Mets/Yankee/other MLB games, autograph signings and some other random IP chances. I will also be doing the Sand Gnats for a game or two again this year down in Savannah. In the past (TTM-wise) I have gotten autographs from: Ryne Sandberg, Wade Boggs, Jimmer Fredette, Austin Meadows, Adam Dunn, Deron Williams, Taijuan Walker, Mike Napoli, Eric Young Jr, Randall Cobb, Clayton Kershaw, Josh Hamilton, Jordy Nelson, JJ Watt, Jason Kidd, and many more!

I'm planning on sending out 25 or so TTMs on Friday so they will hopefully be there for Opening Day. Here is who I'm sending to (I picked a lot of guys who always sign but I have never sent to):
Eric Young Jr. (Want him on a Mets card)
Trevor Rosenthal
Mike Zunino
AJ Pierzynski
Matt Carpenter
Marcus Stroman
Andrelton Simmons
Ben Zobrist
Clayton Kershaw (want to get him on a Topps Mini)
Joe Nathan
Josh Hamilton (need him on Angels)
Kevin Gausman
Jordan Zimmermann
Derek Holland
Jason Motte
Starling Marte
Pedro Alvarez
Brad Ziegler
Heath Bell
Curtis Granderson
Matt Davidson (hoping for a Futures Game MVP inscription since I was there)

And the two shots in the dark:
Byron Buxton
Stephen Strasburg


If anyone has any suggestions on who to send to, or any questions LMK! I'm all ears! I can't wait to get some returns and share them on here with you!

I actually do have one question though (HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED):
How do you prep cards (chrome and such)??? I'm sending a lot of Chromes and I don't know how to prep! Any help would be awesome!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Hey guys,

With the start of the season just over a week away, I decided to make my own thread! I've been doing TTM for a little under 2 years now and it is probably my favorite part if the hobby. I do IP autographs as well whenever I can. I live close to the Long Island Ducks and I will be doing a couple of their games hopefully as well as some Mets/Yankee/other MLB games, autograph signings and some other random IP chances. I will also be doing the Sand Gnats for a game or two again this year down in Savannah. In the past (TTM-wise) I have gotten autographs from: Ryne Sandberg, Wade Boggs, Jimmer Fredette, Austin Meadows, Adam Dunn, Deron Williams, Taijuan Walker, Mike Napoli, Eric Young Jr, Randall Cobb, Clayton Kershaw, Josh Hamilton, Jordy Nelson, JJ Watt, Jason Kidd, and many more!

I'm planning on sending out 25 or so TTMs on Friday so they will hopefully be there for Opening Day. Here is who I'm sending to (I picked a lot of guys who always sign but I have never sent to):
Eric Young Jr. (Want him on a Mets card)
Trevor Rosenthal
Mike Zunino
AJ Pierzynski
Matt Carpenter
Marcus Stroman
Andrelton Simmons
Ben Zobrist
Clayton Kershaw (want to get him on a Topps Mini)
Joe Nathan
Josh Hamilton (need him on Angels)
Kevin Gausman
Jordan Zimmermann
Derek Holland
Jason Motte
Starling Marte
Pedro Alvarez
Brad Ziegler
Heath Bell
Curtis Granderson
Matt Davidson (hoping for a Futures Game MVP inscription since I was there)

And the two shots in the dark:
Byron Buxton
Stephen Strasburg


If anyone has any suggestions on who to send to, or any questions LMK! I'm all ears! I can't wait to get some returns and share them on here with you!

I actually do have one question though (HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED):
How do you prep cards (chrome and such)??? I'm sending a lot of Chromes and I don't know how to prep! Any help would be awesome!


Thanks and I hope you enjoy!
2 techniques:
1.) Rub baby powder over the chrome cards. This removes the glossy finish on the cards.

2.) Use an eraser on the entirety of the cards surface. This also removes the glossy finish.

Give it a try and test it out to ensure the cards you send are prepped well!
Hope this helps.
__________________
TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO SET: 70/225 31.11%
Trade Bucket: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AddisonTTM/library/For%20Trade%20TTM%20and%20In-Person%20Autographs?sort=2&page=2
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
2 techniques:
1.) Rub baby powder over the chrome cards. This removes the glossy finish on the cards.

2.) Use an eraser on the entirety of the cards surface. This also removes the glossy finish.

Give it a try and test it out to ensure the cards you send are prepped well!
Hope this helps.
What type of eraser? A normal pencil one? One of those big pink ones?

Thanks for the help!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
What type of eraser? A normal pencil one? One of those big pink ones?

Thanks for the help!
Either or, I just use a regular pencil eraser, I don't think it matters.
__________________
TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO SET: 70/225 31.11%
Trade Bucket: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AddisonTTM/library/For%20Trade%20TTM%20and%20In-Person%20Autographs?sort=2&page=2
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
dbacksfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chase Field/ Any ST Ballpark
Posts: 2,221
Default

I use the big pink erasers and that works better for me then baby powder. Good luck with your returns!
__________________
15 year old Collecting Adam Eaton and Didi Gregorius! I'm also working on a Randall Delgado 2013 topps rainbow LMK what you have!
#TEAMCONNER
Total amount saved for a case of 2014 Update: $232 GOAL $750
dbacksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,915
Default

I use baby powder. Never have had an issue
__________________
http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa422/bubble201/
Looking for higher end contenders autos from all years
bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm just starting to write my letters for the group above now, then I'll prep with baby powder most likely! I tested an eraser last night, and I don't think it worked, lol! Oddly enough, I got an old send-out back today to start my thread off with a bang!

WARRIORS PF DAVID LEE! 1/1 in about 3 months! Signed a Marquee base card beautifully in Blue! I am working on the Marquee set a little bit (only have 3 so far), so this is a much welcomed addition!

I'll try to get a picture up later for you guys!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

I got another old one back today.

Yoenis Cespedes 1/1 on a Custom from ST last year!

Got his full auto and I'm very, very happy with this one!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
I got another old one back today.

Yoenis Cespedes 1/1 on a Custom from ST last year!

Got his full auto and I'm very, very happy with this one!
Glad to see someone else did as well, very nice!
__________________
TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO SET: 70/225 31.11%
Trade Bucket: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AddisonTTM/library/For%20Trade%20TTM%20and%20In-Person%20Autographs?sort=2&page=2
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Glad to see someone else did as well, very nice!
I'm sure you're going to get yours soon! His auto looks really nice on these!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
I'm sure you're going to get yours soon! His auto looks really nice on these!
I actually got him today!
__________________
TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO SET: 70/225 31.11%
Trade Bucket: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AddisonTTM/library/For%20Trade%20TTM%20and%20In-Person%20Autographs?sort=2&page=2
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I actually got him today!
Nice! Can't wait to see it!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
Nice! Can't wait to see it!
Pic is in my thread!
__________________
TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO SET: 70/225 31.11%
Trade Bucket: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AddisonTTM/library/For%20Trade%20TTM%20and%20In-Person%20Autographs?sort=2&page=2
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Pic is in my thread!
That came out sick! That's the same picture I used on my custom I think!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Addison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkandlewis View Post
That came out sick! That's the same picture I used on my custom I think!
I love where he signed it!
__________________
TRADING FOR 2012 MINOR LEAGUE HERITAGE TTM/IP AUTO SET: 70/225 31.11%
Trade Bucket: http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/AddisonTTM/library/For%20Trade%20TTM%20and%20In-Person%20Autographs?sort=2&page=2
Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I love where he signed it!
That's where he signed mine too! I'll try to get a picture up!

On another note, the Sand Gnats and River Dogs released their rosters (I will be seeing them in July). Among the highlights:
Gavin Cecchini
Mikeson Oliberto (I have a ton of his bowmans!)
Rookie Davis
Michael O'Niell
Miguel Andujar
Gosuke Katoh

And the big one (May not be there in July but still happy I may have a shot!)
AARON JUDGE
I really love Judge and I seriously think he can become the next Giancarlo Stanton based on their similarities. The roster has him listed at 1B though..

And my personal favorite:

DOM SMITH

Can't wait!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarkandlewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,443
Default

FINALLY!

I was getting worried about my TTMs I sent out. The first one came back today!

Signing 1/1 in 24 Days, White Sox 3B prospect and 2013 FG MVP:
MATT DAVIDSON on a 2014 Topps "Green" RC


No inscription although I asked, but a nice addition to my 2013 FG project! Gonna get a picture up soon!
__________________
ERIC HOSMER SUPERCOLLECTOR!!!
PHOTOBUCKET: http://s895.photobucket.com/user/northportbaseball2/library/?sort=3&page=1
Clarkandlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
dbacksfan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chase Field/ Any ST Ballpark
Posts: 2,221
Default

Nice return from Davidson! I was able to get him IP last year and got him to inscribe 2013 Future Game MVP. I'll try and get a picture up soon. Great return!
__________________
15 year old Collecting Adam Eaton and Didi Gregorius! I'm also working on a Randall Delgado 2013 topps rainbow LMK what you have!
#TEAMCONNER
Total amount saved for a case of 2014 Update: $232 GOAL $750
dbacksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.