Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bored in class

Hey guys, got a pretty boring day today in class. 6th grade health FML! heheh anyways, I was wondering something.....

Does anyone have any tips for getting in-person autos from sports venues. The Portland Beavers are a triple A team for the Padres and they play some of the big teams in the Pacific Coast League. A ton of guys that bump up and down between the bigs. I was wondering what would increase my chance if I were to head to a game? It takes me about 60-75 minutes to commute to downtown portland (only 10 miles) and I dont go to many games. Should I stand out where they load onto the buses? Go during batting practice? Any ideas?

Also, I got a buddy that does media for the seattle mariners. He said that he cant get me autos because the media is restricted from that, but he can point whoever I want in my direction. With that being said, Griffey is the obvious one I want to get. What should I get signed of his? Any cool ideas? I am thinking about getting ichiro as well.. I might try and buy a WBC mini batting helmet of Japan and have him sign it... who knows... would love to hear your thoughts.....

Meeks
Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure how the stadium is set up, but when I go to the AA games I have always had success getting to the stadium before the bus arrives (for visiting teams) and getting their autos as they make their way to batting/fielding practice. Typically there are very few graphers there and they seem willing to sign. I would say anytime you can get there early and beat the crowds will increase your chances. Good luck!
iuhoosierbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

maybe on the weekend when the wife is working... She would kick me in the junk if I made her do anything related to autographs or collecting heheeh
Old 04-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I've always tried to get mine during batting practice. Out near the busses works as well (but found it harder since during BP I could atleast match a jersey number to a player sheet).

I'd get what ever you can. Personally if possible, I'd ask to have it personalized (this way the players know its not going to be resold).
Old 04-26-2010, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmecum51 View Post
maybe on the weekend when the wife is working... She would kick me in the junk if I made her do anything related to autographs or collecting heheeh
Well, my wife likes to go to the games...although she isn't into autos like me, she always helps me out and asks players to sign/takes pictures, etc. She did like meeting Ryne Sandberg and Starlin Castro. Maybe offer to take your wife out to a nice dinner in exchange for helping you out at the game. We typically go to 2-3 games each year when the Tennessee Smokies (Cubs affiliate) are in town, and some of the players recognize us from previous trips and shout out to us and come over on their own to talk. I don't think we have ever been blown off asking for an autograph before batting practice by any of the Cub minor league players.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I've always tried to get mine during batting practice. Out near the busses works as well (but found it harder since during BP I could atleast match a jersey number to a player sheet).
This is very true. I usually will have items to be signed by whoever I really want (I usually know what they look like) and have everybody else sign a team ball. It is especially tough with minor league players when the rosters are constantly changing.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

I do BP or during warmups during MLB games-see my thread for Longoria and Josh Hamilton successes last week. Players are impressed to see you brought cards of them, so I'd try that.
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote