Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #51 (permalink)

2 more TTM responses today bringing my total to 11 so far this week. The 1st TTM response for 6/6/14:

Ray Guy:

Oakland/L.A. Raider 1973-1986
7x Pro Bowler
8x All-Pro
3x Super Bowl Champ
1st Punter inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame ('14)

Great to add a Hall of Famer. Only the second special teamer to be inducted, Jan Stenerud was is the first Kicker. Mr. Guy signed both the photo and card I sent. Thank You Mr. Guy!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-ray-guy-copy.jpg  
Duke Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #52 (permalink)

My 2nd TTM response for 6/6/14 is my second response from this KC great. I initially got him on a mini for the "Wall of Fame". I followed up with a photo for the "Hall of Honor":

Johnny Robinson

Saftey for Texans/Chiefs from 1960-72
Member of KC HOF
9x All-Star
3x AFL champ 1962, '66, and '69
Super Bowl IV Championship Team

As noted above my 2nd response from Mr. Robinson. He signed my 5x7 and also answered my questionnaire this time. Thank You Mr. Robinson!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-johnny-robinson5x7-copy.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #53 (permalink)

Another great TTM day. I got 3 responses today, bringing my total this week to 14!! The great thing is all have KC ties.

The 1st TTM response for 6/7/14:

Curt Merz

Guard/Defensive End
CFL Rough Riders in 1960
Texans/Chiefs from 1962-1968
Member of AFL championship/Super Bowl team in '66
Member of 1960 CFL Grey Cup Championship team

Mr.Merz also answered my questionnaire. He is about the 3rd Texan/Chief to recognize the late Sherril Headrick as a teammate that did not recieve enough recognition for his importance to the team. Great responses. Thank you Mr. Merz!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-curt-merz-copy.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

The 2nd response for 6/7/14 is also another KC representative for my "Hall of Honor":

Jim Kearney #46

Detroit Lion 1965-'66
Kansas City Chief 1967-'75
New Orleans Saint 1976
Member of AFL Championship/Super Bowl IV championship team 1969
In 1972 tied an NFL record with 4 int. returns for TD's.

Mr. Kearney signed this in gold, its a little hard to see on the black and white photo. Great to and another member of the Super Bowl IV team. I didn't get returned a questionnaire. Thank You Mr. Kearney!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-jim-kearney-copy.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #55 (permalink)

The 3rd and final response for 6/7/14. Another NFL coaching great with ties to the Chiefs. He is most recognized as the Head Coach of the Buccaneers and winning a Super Bowl with the Colts.

Coach Tony Dungy

KC Secondary Coach 1989-1991
Head Coach Bucs 1996-'01
Head Coach Colts 2002-'08
Won SB as player with the Steelers
Won SB as a Coach with the Colts
Only player in NFL history to throw and interception and have an interception in the same game. Was emergency 3rd string qb, but played safety for the steelers.

Coach Dungy beautifully signed, and personalized my photo. Inscribed SB XLI champs as well as a bible verse. I had sent a questionnaire, but it was returned unsigned. Thrilled to get a class act like Coach Dungy back! Thank You Coach Dungy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-tony-dungy-copy.jpg  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 PM   #56 (permalink)

Starting the week off on a good HOF note. I got 2 TTM's back, sadly no Chiefs, but 2 HOFer's. The 1st TTM for 6/9/14:

Dan Fouts

San Diego Chargers 1973-'87
6x Pro Bowler
4x All-Pro
1982 NFL MVP
1982 NFL Offensive Player of the Year
Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductee 1993

Wish I could have gotten a HOF inscription, I should have asked. Great return from a great TTMer. Only a 7 day turn around. Thank You Mr. Fouts!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-dan-fouts-copy.jpg  
Old 06-09-2014, 10:48 PM   #57 (permalink)

The 2nd TTM for 6/9/14 is and HOF QB:

Sonny Jurgensen

Eagles 1957-'63
Washington Redskins 1964-74
5x Pro Bowler
2x All-Pro
1960 NFL Championship Team
5x NFL leader in Passing Yards
2x NFL leader in TD passes

Great, great return in just 7 days. I was suprised I go this back, yet so quickly. Inscribed with HOF 83. Thank You Mr. Jurgensen!!

For those considering writing Mr. Jurgensen and use the TTM manager on SCF, Please note his name is spelled wrong there. It is -sen not -son. I wonder if that is why there are so many failures.
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-sonny-jurgensen-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Duke Broadway; 06-09-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #58 (permalink)

I got 2 TTM responses today. The 1st one for 6/12/14 is another one for the "Chief Hall of Honor":

Steve Bono

Chiefs QB from 1994-1996
14 year vet played for 7 NFL teams
Member of 49er's Super Bowl XXIV Championship team
1x Pro Bowler
1995 AFC Player of the Year

Mr. Bono personalized to me and added Go Chiefs! He also thoughtfully responsed to my questionnaire. Thank you Mr. Bono!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-steve-bono-copy.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #59 (permalink)

I am really excited, and really bummed about this next one. My 2nd response for 6/12/14

Paul Hornung

Notre Dame/Green Bay Packer Great
College Football Hall of Fame
Pro Football Hall of Fame
1956 Heisman Trophy Winner
2x Pro Bowler
3x All Pro
4x NFL Champion
Super Bowl I Championship team
1961 NFL MVP

I was really thrilled to get this back, and in just 10 days! I sent it without a donation. It is inscribed with what looks like "1956 Ho" I assume it is referencing his Heisman Year. Sadly despite my chipboard this my first damaged photo . Straight on it looks ok. I did my best to take a shot of my crease in the second photo. Regardless, I am very pleased to get this back from such an All-time great! Thank You Mr. Hornung!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-paul-hornung-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-creased-hornung-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Duke Broadway; 06-12-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #60 (permalink)

One ttm response for 6/13/14:

Aeneas Williams

HOF cornerback/safety
Arizona Cardinal 1991-'00
St.Louis Ram 2001-'04
8x Pro Bowler
5x All-Pro
Pro Football HOF Inductee 2014

This photo also has a very slight bend in the middle. Personalized and inscribed with a bible verse and HOF 14. Thank You Mr. Williams!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-aeneas-williams.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 PM   #61 (permalink)

I was concerned I wouldnt get anything back this week. I received one TTM back today 6/20/14. Its another great add for my Chiefs Hall of Honor:

Bill Krisher

All American Guard at OU 1956-'57
Pittsburgh Steeler 1958
Dallas Texan 1960-'61
2x All-Star with Texans
1x All-Pro

Mr. Krisher signed the 5x7 and thoughtfully answered my questionnaire. He also added two 4x6's of his own!

One of the questions I asked is why his promising career came to and end after 2 All-Star games. His reponse, "I wanted to retire to go full time in ministry with the "FCA" home office in KC. Helped move the Dallas Texans to KC in 1962".

It was certainly a suprised to see the additional photos. I have one from his Oklahoma days and one as a Dallas Texan. Thank You Mr. Krisher!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-billy-krisher-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-billy-krisher2-copy.jpg  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #62 (permalink)

Nice success
groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:25 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundhog View Post
Nice success
Thank you groundhog!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #64 (permalink)

Another Chief Hall of Honor TTM for 6/23/14. Fitting cause this guy wore #23:

Bert Coan

Running Back
San Diego Charger 1962
Kansas City Chief 1963-69 (was on IR in 1969 season)
AFL champ in '66, SB I
AFL/World Champ '69

Mr. Coan signed my photo with a ball point pen and thoughtfully answered my questionnaire. Thank You Mr. Coan!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-20140623_211055-copy.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #65 (permalink)

Been on vacation for the last week. When I picked up the held mail I had 3 TTM returns. The 1st TTM return for 6/30/14:

I received my LOR to sign a mini helmet back from one of my favorite KC defenders. One of the best safety's in Chiefs history next to Johnny Robinson....#20 Deron Cherry . I am really excited with this one. The quest to get a Deron Cherry signed mini helmet is how I ran across the world of TTM. It was my second attempt to get permission. Hope to get this mini in the mail tomorrow. Thank You Mr. Cherry!!

Last edited by Duke Broadway; 07-01-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #66 (permalink)

My 2nd TTM response for 6/30/14:

Another Husker great, and had a solid NFL career with the Rams and Seahawks...

Grant Wistrom

Consensus All-American DE '97, '98
Lombardi Award Winner 1997
3x 1st team All Big 12
2x Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year
3x NFC champ
1x Super Bowl Champ XXXIV

It is a little hard to read with the black sharpie, but he inscribed it with Go Big Red! and #98. I actually had a biology lab with him back in the day. Cool dude. Thanks Mr. Wistrom!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-grant-wistrom-copy.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #67 (permalink)

My 3rd and final response for 6/30/14 is an special return, and another great addition to my KC Hall of Honor:

Willie Mitchell

Kansas City Chiefs CB 1964-'70
2x AFL Champ '66, '69
Member of SB I team
1x Super Bowl Champ (IV)
1x All-AFL 2nd team in 1965

This was a really, really great return. I had to do some digging to find him. He signed my photo and personalized to me as well as answered my questionnaire. He went the extra mile and wrote me a very nice note thanking me for being a fan, he included an additional signed 8.5x11 photo that was printed on cardstock, and also an unsigned program from the Kansas City Hall of Fame weekend in 1994 when Jack Rudnay was inducted. He also returned my unused SASE. A phenomenal success. Thank you so much Mr. Mitchell!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-willie-mitchell-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-willie-mitchell-2-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-1994-alumni-program-copy.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014, 10:58 PM   #68 (permalink)

One TTM response for 7/1/14:

This is my first current player return, I had seen other success by a couple posters and I wanted in on the action. Not a Chiefs, but always wanting him on my fantasy football teams:

Antonio Brown

2x Pro Bowler
1st NFL player to have 5 receptions and 50 yards or more in every game of a season.
1st player to have 1000 yards receiving and return yards in a season.
1 of 3 players in NFL history to have 5 receptions or more in a season.

Mr. Brown signed my 5x7 for me. It had some smears below his name but was able to remove the smear/streaks. What a great player. Wish he was in KC. Have a great and healthy season Antonio. Thank you Mr. Brown!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-antonio-brown-copy.jpg  
Old 07-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #69 (permalink)

Another TTM response for 7/2/14 from one of my childhood favorites:

Jim McMahon

College Football HOF
1x Pro Bowler
2x Super Bowl Champ XX, XXXI
1x Comeback Player of the Year '91

I sent 3 photos to Mr. McMahon. One for a friend, another for my cousin, and the last for myself. McMahon was on of my favorites as a kid. Thank You Mr. McMahon!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-jim-mcmahon-copy.jpg  
Old 07-03-2014, 01:31 AM   #70 (permalink)

Where do you get your addresses from?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #71 (permalink)

Keep up the GREAT work Duke! I really have enjoyed all of your successes!
NEEDS = '12 CHROME CHIEFS: #94 DONTARI POE RED AUTO /5, #49 CYRUS GRAY RED AUTO /5 , #102 TAMBA HALI RED /25 & ANY '12 CHROME CHIEFS PRINTING PLATES---------->'12 TURKEY RED SP'S = LUCK (PASSING POSE) & DOUG MARTIN (CATCHING BALL & TREES IN BACKGROUND)
Bucket - http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/Earlsnake07/
Earlsnake07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfuzz View Post
Where do you get your addresses from?

Thanks
I am a member at sportscollectors.net. To be a premium member is $15 a year, well worth it in my opinion. You can see the past 7 days successes as a basic member.

I also use the ttm manager at SCF. It is a great resource and free. It isnt as complete as the sportscollector database, but its a great start.

I also have done my own home work with writing some players by using google, white pages, all that jazz.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsnake07 View Post
Keep up the GREAT work Duke! I really have enjoyed all of your successes!
Thanks man! Gonna try to start reaching out to some current Chiefs. I dont have much hope that It will work out, but I am gonna try.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Broadway View Post
I am a member at sportscollectors.net. To be a premium member is $15 a year, well worth it in my opinion. You can see the past 7 days successes as a basic member.

I also use the ttm manager at SCF. It is a great resource and free. It isnt as complete as the sportscollector database, but its a great start.

I also have done my own home work with writing some players by using google, white pages, all that jazz.
I'm doing about the exact same thing as you for addresses except for premium at sportscollectors.net... I was wondering how many addresses there are for football, and if it's worth it just for football.

Thanks, your collection is awesome.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfuzz View Post
I'm doing about the exact same thing as you for addresses except for premium at sportscollectors.net... I was wondering how many addresses there are for football, and if it's worth it just for football.

Thanks, your collection is awesome.
Definitely worth it! Especially for me where the bulk of my dedication is to the Chiefs. Whats nice about sportscollectors is you can break the categories down to teams, or HOFers. You can see all the recent signings for a specific team.

As far as addresses. I am gonna say the ttm manager for football at SCF is maybe 15-20%, if that of total volume of addresses that sportscollectors has.

For me it has been priceless. My collection wouldnt be what it is without it. Thank you so much for the kind words.