Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 01:01 AM   #76 (permalink)

Another TTM response for 7/3/14, it is another great AFL/Chief addition to the "Hall of Honor":

Jack Spikes

Halfback/Kicker
Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs 1960-1964
Houston Oilers 1965
Buffalo Bills 1966-67
Member of the Dallas Texans 1962 AFL Championship team
MVP of the 1962 AFL Championship game

Another great addition for my Texans/Chiefs Hall. I have been thrilled with the responses from the older players. Mr. Spikes signed my photo and also answered my questionnaire. Thank You Mr. Spikes!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-jack-spikes-copy.jpg  
Duke Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #77 (permalink)

One TTM return on 7/8/14:

Coach Jon Gruden

Oakland Raider Head Coach 1998-'01
Tampa Bay Buccaneer Head Coach 2002-'08
ESPN Color Analyst '09-present

Coach Gruden signed my photo. His wife also sent a little note. Great return from on of the best personalities and minds in the game. Thank you Coach Gruden!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-jon-gruden.jpg  

Last edited by Duke Broadway; 07-09-2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #78 (permalink)

I remember growing up watching him as a coach. Fantastic success from him.
SportsAutoFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:11 PM   #79 (permalink)

Aw, that Gruden is AWESOME! I gotta try to send to him, I'd love to get an 8x10 Chuckie Face shot and see how he signs it. I know Gruden takes some heat for his style, but it LOVE the guy!

Nice return!
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #80 (permalink)

Thank you Sports and Brisco. I sent to Schottenheimer and Cowher too. I sent Cowher 2 photos one in KC gear and Steelers. It has been awhile so not sure if I will see those back.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #81 (permalink)

Been away at cub scout camp trip for the last 3 days. Got what do me is my holy grail for my Chiefs Wall of Fame as far as TTM goes on 7/11/14. This is helmet #43 added to the wall. I have had some great success with my minis, Johnny Robinson and Dick Vermeil's were probably my favorites to date. This mini is the entire reason I got into TTM:

Deron Cherry

Chiefs HOF Safety
6x Pro Bowler
5x All-Pro
Defensive Player of the Year in 1986
NFL '80s All Decade Team

Mr. Cherry like I said the reason I got into this. This guy as well as Johnny Robinson should be in Canton. I am as excited as any 38yr old man can be on this. He also very thoughtfully answered my questionnaire. Essentially a paragraph or more to each question. Amazing! Thank you so much Mr. Cherry!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-deron-cherry-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Duke Broadway; 07-12-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #82 (permalink)

This has to be one of the most unique and awesome projects on this forum, and that's saying a lot. I'm totally thrilled for you that you got what you wanted so badly. I totally agree with you Robinson should be in Canton and hopefully the Senior Committee nominates him next month.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #83 (permalink)

Another TTM reponse for 7/13/14:

Charley Trippi

Chicago Cardinals HB/QB
2x Pro Bowler
3x All-Pro
NFL Championship in 1947
40's All-Decade team
Inducted into HOF 1968

Mr Trippi signed my photo for me. Slight smudge but it wiped off. Overall a really fast response time. Awesome to add a HOF great like Mr.Trippi. Thank you Mr.Trippi!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-charley-trippi-copy.jpg  
Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #84 (permalink)

That's amazing. Not just the Trippi but that you got a HOF inscription from him, something he's never really included for me, unless he did when I first got him in my earlier TTM days. Still, HOF inscription or no HOF inscription, he's one of the best and appreciate all he does for those who send to him. Very generous man.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:10 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAutoFreak View Post
This has to be one of the most unique and awesome projects on this forum, and that's saying a lot. I'm totally thrilled for you that you got what you wanted so badly. I totally agree with you Robinson should be in Canton and hopefully the Senior Committee nominates him next month.
Thank you so much for the very kind words, I am honored! I was just gonna do mini's, but that project gets expensive. I like with photos the people see them will have a face to associate with the name. I wish I had better success, but I wont complain one bit. I have now had 9 mini helmets signed via TTM, 8 are KC HOFers.

To date if anyone is interested, I have send out 28 requests for sign a mini helmet with 10 replies. I will be sending to Ed Podolak come football season as he directed. I sent to Mr. Cherry twice...never give up.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #86 (permalink)

You're very welcome. I understand it gets expensive and it's also more risky and bold to end larger items. I've seen you post this stuff on SCF too and while a return is a return, I have to admit, my favorite part of your stuff is building on your Chiefs mini collection. You never know, those 18 mini helmets very well could find its way back soon and Podolak is a good idea.

Just keep being patient and maybe a little persistent, too. It could really go a long way. Hope you get a nice return this coming Monday. Maybe you'll come up with something even better than what you posted this evening.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAutoFreak View Post
You're very welcome. I understand it gets expensive and it's also more risky and bold to end larger items. I've seen you post this stuff on SCF too and while a return is a return, I have to admit, my favorite part of your stuff is building on your Chiefs mini collection. You never know, those 18 mini helmets very well could find its way back soon and Podolak is a good idea.

Just keep being patient and maybe a little persistent, too. It could really go a long way. Hope you get a nice return this coming Monday. Maybe you'll come up with something even better than what you posted this evening.
Oh I havent sent out mini helmets. For this project I send a letter out stating who I am and what project I am working on. Then when I get the green light in a returned letter of request with their permission, then I send. Not ballsy enough to send and cross my fingers. I had read it is courteous to ask permission for "larger" items, so that is what I do.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #88 (permalink)

Which is good. I sent permission to Haven Moses recently for a Broncos mini and he signed both of my cards, included a bonus and signed my letter but didn't answer my question. Oh well. It's good many have agreed to sign for you though. Certainly one others can learn from, myself included. I'm not one to send larger items. I have sent two pucks in my TTM collecting. One I got signed many years back. The other I sent out in early June and still waiting for a response. Perhaps I should ask first and I feel bad for not doing so now, but it's a good tip and definitely one I hope others pick up on.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 AM   #89 (permalink)

I got 2 TTM responses for 7/14/14. The first is a HOF TTM:

Doug Atkins

Browns, Bears, and Saints DE
8x Pro Bowler
4x 1st team All-Pro
6x 2nd team All-Pro
2x NFL champ
'60's All-Decade Team
HOF 1982

Awesome to add another great HOFer. Mr Atkins signed my photo with just a 11 day turn around. It is great to learn about these guys. I make a point of reading about their career before sending out. The things you learn in TTM. Thank You Mr. Atkins!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-20140714_234139-copy.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #90 (permalink)

My 2nd TTM for 7/14/14 is a great addition to my Chiefs Hall of Honor:

Mike Mercer

K/P for:
Vikings, Raiders, Chiefs, Bills, Packers, and Chargers
1967 AFL All-Star
Member of Chiefs 1966 AFL championship and SB I team
Kicked the 1st FG in Super Bowl History

Mr. Mercer signed my photo as well as answered my questionnaire. He also wrote on the back of the photo as you see in the photo below. What is neat about this return is included in the return was an additional note asking where I got the photo and that he would like to get one. I am gonna order up some and send them his way. Awesome addition to my KC memorabilia!! Thank You Mr. Mercer!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-20140714_234208-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-20140714_234223-copy.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 01:24 AM   #91 (permalink)

Great successes!
Old 07-15-2014, 01:54 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfuzz View Post
Great successes!
Thanks Fuzz!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #93 (permalink)

Atkins looks fantastic. Great job.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #94 (permalink)

Another TTM success for 7/15/14, this time a former Husker:

Mike Rozier

'83 Heismen Trophy winner at Nebraska
2 season in USFL (Maulers, Bulls)
Houston Oiler, Atlanta Falcon from '85-'91
2x Pro Bowler

Great to get a former Husker and Heisman Trophy winner. Definitely one of Nebraska's greats. Thank you Mr. Rozier!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-mike-rozier-copy.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #95 (permalink)

Hope to send to Rozier soon. Great one.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #96 (permalink)

Just thought you would like to know that theres a return from Kelly Goodburn at this address

3710 W 52nd Pl.
Shawnee Mission, KS 66205-2766
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
Just thought you would like to know that theres a return from Kelly Goodburn at this address

3710 W 52nd Pl.
Shawnee Mission, KS 66205-2766
Appreciate the heads up. I have been seeing returns for him. The problem I am running into is finding a image i can use for a 5x7 for him. I do have a card I could probably use.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #98 (permalink)

One TTM for 7/16/14, and it is a absolutely fantastic addition to my Chiefs Hall of Honor:

Jack W. Steadman

Served as a Executive for the Chiefs organization for 47 years as a chairman, vice president, president, and general manager.
Won 4 championships as a GM, including the SB IV victory
Inducted in to Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2005

This is a special return for me. This along with Willie Mitchell represent the first documented returns on sportscollectors.net. Mr. Steadman played a huge role for the Chiefs. He put my first and last name on the photo, hence the erased part. He replied to my questionnaire in a typed response that he also signed. He thanked me for my letter and said he chose to type his responses for easier reading. He like Deron Cherry answered the questions with a paragraph or more of an answer.

One question I asked him was if negotiations had fallen through with the KC mayor, Mayor Bartle, if there was another place that the Texans/Chiefs organization may have landed. His response:

"There were talks with New Orleans, but the emphasis was on Kansas City and that's where Lamar and I felt the team could be successful. Mayor Bartle was terrific to work with and knew people in Kansas City to support bringing the team here. We've never had regrets."

I am very appreciative of this return. I considering asking to send a mini helmet as Mr. Steadman is in the KC Hall of Fame. Thank you so much Mr. Steadman!!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-jack-w.-steadman-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-jack-w.-steadman-2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #99 (permalink)

That is a wonderful success. Honestly, based on his resume, I think he has an argument to be in another Hall of Fame besides just the Chiefs one.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #100 (permalink)

One more HOF TTM return for 7/17/14:

Gino Marchetti

New York Yanks-Dallas Texan/Baltimore Colt 1952-'66 (not the KC related Dallas Texans)
11x Pro Bowler
9x 1st Team All-Pro
1x 2nd Team All-Pro
NFL 50th, and 75th Anniversary All-Time Team
1950's All-Decade Team
2x NFL Champ
Veteran of WW II

Mr. Marchetti has a track record of being great to his TTM fans. This was no exception. Looks like he initially tried to sign my photo in ball point pen but it didnt go smoothly with the G, so he used a blue sharpie. Wasnt expecting to see the additional 4x6 HOF card that he included as well. What a class act. He is one tough dude. Thank you Mr. Marchetti for signing as well as for your service to our country!
Attached Thumbnails
Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-gino-marchetti-copy.jpg   Duke Broadway's Chiefs Wall of Fame and TTM success thread-gino-marchetti-2-copy.jpg