Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 HOF Induction

Board,

I was wondering if anybody was going to make the journey to Cooperstown this year. There hasn't been much talk about it and I was wondering if anybody was going. I'm going, do some shopping, some autographs (I'll be paying out the a$$ I know, but maybe I'll catch a freebie on the street - got Pat Gillick two years ago)

Was just curious, this is my first year as a member on this message board and going to the HOF induction.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

I will be there for the weekend. Im planning on getting Thomas, Glavine, and LaRussa.

2014 IP Auto's: Cards-474, 8x10's-16, ROMLB-3
bronxbomber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

are any of you guys taking 50/50s
Old 07-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

I leave tomorrow early, wouldn't get here in time. Plus I can't promise anything on the freebie side of things.

Bronx - maybe we'll meet up!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oucats02 View Post
I leave tomorrow early, wouldn't get here in time. Plus I can't promise anything on the freebie side of things.

Bronx - maybe we'll meet up!
Sounds good, i will be there all weekend (camping nearby)!

2014 IP Auto's: Cards-474, 8x10's-16, ROMLB-3
bronxbomber33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've heard that normally they get around 10,000 people or so for a normal induction weekend, but this year they are expecting about 75,000 due to the class that is going in. There are no hotel rooms available within a 2 hour radius of Cooperstown from what I've heard.

It's going to be a crazy weekend! If you want to see the ceremony, get out there really, really early and grab a spot. I wouldn't count on getting to too many of the inductees like Maddux, Glavine, Thomas, LaRussa, Cox, etc. They will be too hard to get to and very busy so not a lot of availability. I think they do one open signing? But with tens of thousands around town, could be hard.

I'd carry some OMLB and look out for other players/coaches that will be around. The place will be crawling with MLB'ers, most of them HOF'ers. A lot of the stores in town will host signings with various players all weekend. I'd just try to be very flexible and very patient.

Have fun! If Garvey got in on the veterans vote I would've had a hard time staying away, but this should be one of those inductions to remember. Enjoy!
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote