Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Addresses for Fall League

What are the main addresses that you send to? Also when do you start sending. Right now?

Sorry for asking.

Any help appreciated this is my first few months with TTMS.

Thanks
Owner of Jamie Westbrook 2014 Bowman Ice 1/1
Tuckertrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

You send to the Spring Training stadiums corresponding to the team. The league doesn't start until early October so don't send until like the 29-30th at the earliest.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
You send to the Spring Training stadiums corresponding to the team. The league doesn't start until early October so don't send until like the 29-30th at the earliest.
I looked up the stadium addresses and like Dodgers play at Glendale but the Detroit is in Florida but they both play for Glendale Fall Team.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Winter Leagues: About the Arizona Fall League | MLB.com: Events

By corresponding team, I meant for example "Glendale Desert Dogs -> Glendale". This list will tell you the home stadium for each of the 6 teams. Apparently "due to reservations", Peoria Javelinas are playing at Surprise, sharing the stadium with the Saguaros. They did the same thing last year, I sent my Peoria Javelinas to Surprise C/O Javelinas. Hope this helps you and anyone else who may be interested.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Do they have workouts before the games start or do they just report and get after it?
Shootinthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think they report within a week prior to start of games at least. I sent out around 25 things last year in late September, first one didn't come back until like 2 weeks after games started. I got like 4-5 right when it all ended. Got back 2 more at the start of ST this year. Ended up somewhere like half, got all the big names I tried too. Only missed smaller people like Japhet Amador, Cory Vaughn, Derek Dietrich, Matt West etc while I got Aaron Sanchez, Henry Urrutia, Kris Bryant, CJ Cron, Jorge Soler, Colin Moran, Andrew Heaney, Austin Hedges and a few others.

I could be absolutely wrong about this, but I am not too sure that Scottsdale (Giants ST) actually passes on mail. I was like 0/5 for any of the teams who played there last AFL, and I'm like 0/12 during ST there. Just a thought.

Last edited by rukastar; 09-10-2014 at 05:22 AM.
rukastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukastar View Post
I could be absolutely wrong about this, but I am not too sure that Scottsdale (Giants ST) actually passes on mail. I was like 0/5 for any of the teams who played there last AFL, and I'm like 0/12 during ST there. Just a thought.
For what it's worth I sent to Mac Williamson at Scottsdale and got a return, so it may just be a coincidence.
nmculbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

For the guys who send out a lot to Minor Leaguers, how are these guys with TTM-

B. Buxton
A. Russell
A. Bradley
C. Seager

Looking to send ROMLBs. I am so far very iffy with sending to Minor Leaguers, as I sent a few ROMLBs out during the season to a few top prospects, and still havent gotten them back, and with the Minor League season over, Im starting to fear they are approaching failure status.
alf7624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf7624 View Post

B. Buxton
A. Russell
A. Bradley
C. Seager

Looking to send ROMLBs. I am so far very iffy with sending to Minor Leaguers, as I sent a few ROMLBs out during the season to a few top prospects, and still havent gotten them back, and with the Minor League season over, Im starting to fear they are approaching failure status.
I am not sure about TTM but IP Seager signs everything you have.

I have a extra ball that is FT if you want it.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've heard Buxton doesn't sign TTM much. I think he did ST pretty well then stopped this year. Maybe the AFL will be different? I sent to him a few months ago with nothing. I'll hold off and try again in the Spring...
Old 09-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

I am definitely sending. i will do about 5-10, especially to dalton pompey. I also have a home address for him as well.

Also, I was thinking of doing Dwight smith jr, dan vogelbach, olson, appel, glasnow and maybe buxton and possibly a few more.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

I definitely want to hit up Dalton too, especially since now he finally has a card (2014 Topps Heritage Minors)
Old 09-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

B. Buxton
A. Russell
A. Bradley
C. Seager

Depends on your level of risk. None of those guys are particularly good TTM signers (SCF's TTM manager shows no successful returns from either Russell or Seager) so there is a very good chance you'd end up getting shut out. Personally I'd suggest trying to find someone to do a 50/50 or a consignment.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
Depends on your level of risk. None of those guys are particularly good TTM signers (SCF's TTM manager shows no successful returns from either Russell or Seager) so there is a very good chance you'd end up getting shut out. Personally I'd suggest trying to find someone to do a 50/50 or a consignment.
there is 2 guys doing 50/50s and consignments. one guy only doing one team and the other has a horrible reputation according to 1 or 2 users.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN613 View Post
there is 2 guys doing 50/50s and consignments. one guy only doing one team and the other has a horrible reputation according to 1 or 2 users.
How is that relevant?
Old 09-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN613 View Post
So what should he do?
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have found the SCF tracker is no good for minor leaguers in most cases. The few I have checked have very few people logging in sent items & returns. It seems like there are a ton of people sending TTM to minor league guys, and that there would be alot more then just a handful logged into SCF.

I can take some risks, as any baseball sent there is some risk, but I do like to see a few returns before I send. I did read that Buxton has done TTM in the past, but nothing recently. Not sure if that was due to hardly having any real playing time and not always being with his team since he was hurt so much, or if he is just slowing down signing as many minor leaguers do after all the dealers hit him up for a ton of signatures.

I know Addison Russell is not the greatest signer anymore either from what I read. He will do 1 per in many cases, but also read he will turn people down as well. So Im aware he could be a risky guy.

I have read Seager is a great signer, so I figured he would be all right TTM guy, but not much of a track record to go by.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Im also not a big fan of doing 50/50 with baseballs for Minor leaguers. To send 2 baseballs to get one back signed, I might as well just buy the baseballs signed from reputable IP signers for anywhere from 25-50 for these guys. Same goes with consignments. I understand someone needs to make money for their time standing and waiting for the graph, but if the ball cost 13.00 bucks, and postage, and then I have to pay the consignment fee it is getting to the point where a baseball is not worth it anymore.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

For what its worth Seager hasn't signed c/o any teams in 2014 except for one ST request.

He had a few successes c/o home last off-season too, along with a return that was sent to the AFL and postmarked c/o his home city and returned right before he headed off the spring training.
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Im also not a big fan of doing 50/50 with baseballs for Minor leaguers. To send 2 baseballs to get one back signed, I might as well just buy the baseballs signed from reputable IP signers for anywhere from 25-50 for these guys. Same goes with consignments. I understand someone needs to make money for their time standing and waiting for the graph, but if the ball cost 13.00 bucks, and postage, and then I have to pay the consignment fee it is getting to the point where a baseball is not worth it anymore.
I can't say I disagree with anything you're saying.

Really the most economical route would be to simply buy a ball on eBay. At $20+ for each request you've got to have a really high rate of return to make sending TTM worthwhile and I'm not sure that any of those guys are reliable enough to meet that threshold.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yeah, if I knew they signed ttm reliably It is more then worth it, but without much track record to go by I probably will hold off sending.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

o this is new to me...never sent to minor league guys...but there are a few pirates I would like to get...Austin meadows...josh bell..and a few others....who will these guys even play for in the fall league