Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings NCAA

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > TTM Auto

TTM Auto Through the Mail Autographs Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 50/50 Opportunity: Louisville Pitcher Kyle Funkhouser (Projected to go #5 in Draft)

Alright, I've never done a 50/50 or consignment before, but I'm willing to give it a try. I should have easy access to get Louisville Cardinals Pitcher Kyle Funkhouser pretty much any time I want during the season after games. He is an outstanding pitcher and is projected to go #5 by bleacher report (and pretty much at least top 10 in any mock draft) in the 2015 MLB Draft.

Revised offer:
Due to high interest, I am willing to accept 1 item per person to attempt to get signed, up to 8 people. I don't feel comfortable approaching Kyle with more than about 10 things to sign, which is pushing it for me, but I will explain to him that I am helping out other collectors who aren't able to make it to see him IP. You supply your item and a SASE to send it back in, and I will do my best to get everyone's item signed. I am planning to try to make it to a game on 2/18 or 2/20 as long as the weather isn't unbearable (you never know around here.. It might be 65 and sunny, it might be 18 and miserable). At that time of the season, crowds shouldn't be very big and I would guess I will be about the only one there seeking autographs so with that said, I am pretty confident I can get everything done. If there is too much of a crowd and I'm unable to get it all signed all at once, I can try again at a later game.

Thanks for sticking with me as this is the first time I've ever offered to do something like this, but am looking forward to helping some fellow collectors out with getting some autographs of a top prospect.

** After a couple questions, I have also decided that getting your items to me can be done 1 of 2 ways **

1) You can mail me your photo or whatever you want signed with a SASE for return
2) Link me to the photo you want and I can have it printed and you can PayPal me the costs of photo and shipping to you once it's signed.. $5 shipped for 8x10 or $1 shipped for 4x6.

1. bluejet66 (confirmed; ROLB1)
2. jdunc2088 (confirmed and $5 paid for 8x10; requests signed in blue)
3. berkey33
4. oucats02 (confirmed and $5 paid for 8x10; requests signed in blue)
5. SDcardguy24 (confirmed)
6. awz50 (confirmed and $5 paid for 8x10; requests signed in gold)
7. Tuckertrader (confirmed; will send ROMLB)
8. dbacksfan4life (confirmed; will send custom card

Last edited by BLawson87; 02-06-2015 at 04:40 PM.
BLawson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I may be interested, I'll see if a friend of mine can do some custom cards.

#TEAMCONNOR!
dbacksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

one of the best names in the 2015 draft too

PM sent

Last edited by SDcardguy24; 02-06-2015 at 10:27 AM.
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

L1C4!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2015, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am willing to do 4 8x10 50/50. So that mean you get 2 and I get 2 right? Would you print the photos are will I and send them to you?

Thank you.
Tuckertrader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

nterested thanks

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-singles-buy-sell-trade/737627-my-low-mid-end-ft-fs-thread.html
TTMMaster19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

glad you are doing this for people 50/50. Always appreciate the people who go out of their way to help others out.
BillyOcean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
glad you are doing this for people 50/50. Always appreciate the people who go out of their way to help others out.
No problem.. I would rather do 50/50 or a trade type deal i.e. I get so and so to sign your items and you get so and so to sign my items and swap them.. The whole consignment thing, while there is nothing wrong with it, to me just starts to become like a business rather than fun and a hobby and kinda takes away from the fun of collecting.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Alrighty fellas, I'm getting quite a bit more interest in this than I expected.. I guess a projected top 10 pick is a hot commodity lol. I am willing to take up to 8 items to try to get signed (I was pretty much just wanting a 8x10 and a baseball for myself) and I don't really feel comfortable asking him to sign more than about 10 things.. Even that is kinda pushing it for me but I'll explain to him that it's for other collectors and that we all sometimes trade out autos and stuff.

With that said, what I'm willing to do is accept one item per person, up to 8 people.. As long as you supply your item and a SASE to send it back in, I will do that, so I can get something done for as many people as I can rather than having to accept 2 or 3 50/50's and leave more people out.

I have made a list in my original post, again I will accept 1 item per person. I am planning on trying to make it to one of the games on either 2/18 or 2/20 unless the weather is unbearable. At that time of year, crowds shouldn't be too big, and I would imagine I would be about the only person there seeking autographs so I should be able to get some things done.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckertrader View Post
I am willing to do 4 8x10 50/50. So that mean you get 2 and I get 2 right? Would you print the photos are will I and send them to you?

Thank you.
If you wanna get in on the offer, you can send me 1 photo and a SASE and I'll do my best to get it signed and return it. Due to high interest, I decided to do that so I can get something signed for more people, rather than just accept a couple 50/50s. Lmk
Old 02-06-2015, 11:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

Awesome I will send an 8x10.

For what it's worth, I know some guys like to explain the concept of a 50/50 to players and usually makes them more understanding when you're flipping pages on them lol
Old 02-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
Awesome I will send an 8x10.

For what it's worth, I know some guys like to explain the concept of a 50/50 to players and usually makes them more understanding when you're flipping pages on them lol
Yeah, I was probably just going to tell him that I'm getting some things for other collectors who are fans but aren't able to come see him IP and that sometimes we will swap out different autos or just get things done as favors for other fans. I haven't met him before, but I would imagine he will be understanding. It should be easy approach him after a game. They walk through an area accessible to the crowd to get to their clubhouse after the game. I just don't want to be the guy to be like hey would you mind signing these 25 photos lol I figure about 10 things is pretty reasonable, especially if I'm one of very few or even the only autograph seeker there lol
Old 02-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

In!!!!!!!!

Feel free to contact for any and all trades! Follow me on twitter @claylavercombe
oucats02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Just pm'ed you....

Super Bowl Champs once more.
Red Sox in 2015
awz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Willing to take an item for one more person!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Can you take a custom card?

#TEAMCONNOR!
Old 02-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacksfan4life View Post
Can you take a custom card?
Sure, just get it to me by the time I go to the game (2/18) and a SASE to get it back to ya.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

All spots filled guys.. Hopefully I will be able to get everyone who signed up's items signed!! Can't wait for the season to start and see this kid pitch
Old 02-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLawson87 View Post
Sure, just get it to me by the time I go to the game (2/18) and a SASE to get it back to ya.
Sounds good, thank you. My friend said the custom will be made tonight, I'll get it printed and then send to you no later than Saturday.

If you need anyone on the White Sox let me know.

#TEAMCONNOR!
Old 02-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

I think the one thing with HS/College players at least is they're probably not used to signing autographs for people to such an extent. I know if I was a hot commodity prospect in school, I'd be thrilled by the fact that people actually WANT my autograph. I think the only autograph I ever gave out was to some 8th grader who thought I was funny on the school bus my senior year.

So, I really wouldn't worry too much about getting so and so amount of items for him. I'm sure he'll be pretty cool with it as long as you explain.
BillyOcean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
I think the one thing with HS/College players at least is they're probably not used to signing autographs for people to such an extent. I know if I was a hot commodity prospect in school, I'd be thrilled by the fact that people actually WANT my autograph. I think the only autograph I ever gave out was to some 8th grader who thought I was funny on the school bus my senior year.

So, I really wouldn't worry too much about getting so and so amount of items for him. I'm sure he'll be pretty cool with it as long as you explain.
Cool, thanks for the advice man. I'd say you're probably right.

The only autographs I ever gave out was on a team ball for someone in HS, and signing some peoples yearbooks hahah
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

If someone drops is like in
Old 02-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Fellas- it's supposed to be 14 degrees Weds and 22 degrees Fri for the highs here not to mention we are supposed to get a foot of snow in the next couple days, so I probably won't make it out there to get these done.. However, they are at home for basically the next month straight, so as soon as I catch a nice weather day, I'll get over to a game and get things signed.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLawson87 View Post
Fellas- it's supposed to be 14 degrees Weds and 22 degrees Fri for the highs here not to mention we are supposed to get a foot of snow in the next couple days, so I probably won't make it out there to get these done.. However, they are at home for basically the next month straight, so as soon as I catch a nice weather day, I'll get over to a game and get things signed.
That's fine. After a performance like he had the other night I don't mind waiting a little bit!
Old 02-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
That's fine. After a performance like he had the other night I don't mind waiting a little bit!
He's the real deal man.. It was as good of an opening day outing as you could ask for!