Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > VINTAGE BUY/SELL/TRADE

VINTAGE BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your Vintage Buy/Sell/Trade needs here. (pre 1980's)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
atazmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Carmichael,California
Posts: 9,680
Send a message via AIM to atazmatic Send a message via Yahoo to atazmatic
Default

i would LOVE to have this in my vintage pc
__________________
MAIN PC:Vintage Baseball Stars,Karl Malone,Jason Thompson,Jared Cook
My Teams:Boston Red Sox,Denver Broncos,Utah Jazz,Sac Kings,Green Bay Packers,
my photobucket http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg58/atazmatic/
I Can't wait to start my 64 VW bug restoration
atazmatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 777
Default

Ken, are you a member of the PSA boards? I would love to know what the folks over there think
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

I have a membership to PSA, but haven't been on the boards there. Feel free to steal the scans and post them there if you'd like an opinion.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 723
Default

Would you be willing to trade it? CMB archos504's Library | Photobucket
Archos504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

What's your value on the Babe Ruth cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archos504 View Post
Would you be willing to trade it? CMB archos504's Library | Photobucket
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
I have a membership to PSA, but haven't been on the boards there. Feel free to steal the scans and post them there if you'd like an opinion.
will do. For what its worth, that and NET54 are great places for this type of thing
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

What type of thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
will do. For what its worth, that and NET54 are great places for this type of thing
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
Default

I like how people are saying you should get opinions from people on other forums.
78yankees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:29 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: York, PA
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78yankees View Post
I like how people are saying you should get opinions from people on other forums.
Not trying to bash anyone here or question anyones knowledge, but CU and Net54 are much better places for information on vintage cards and items. There just seems to be a wealth of knowledge on those boards that cant be beat.
orioles93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Sean1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Posts: 1,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles93 View Post
Not trying to bash anyone here or question anyones knowledge, but CU and Net54 are much better places for information on vintage cards and items. There just seems to be a wealth of knowledge on those boards that cant be beat.
I'll go ahead and be candid.

The knowledge on blowout compared to net54 is like comparing pre-school to graduate school. There is no comparison.
__________________
Purchasing collections, millions to spend.
E-mail: Sean@Seanbassikcards.com
Do you have a collection worth $10,000 or more?
CONTACT ME. CASH AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING. FLIGHTS OUT ON ONE DAYS NOTICE
Sean1125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

I like how anyone is offering an opinion based on scans rather than holding the card in their hand, looking at it through a loupe, performing a light test, examining the card stock, etc. (as I've done). Of course, nobody but the person that pulled it out of a pack of gum can be 100% certain, but if this is a counterfeit, it is the best one that has ever been produced and uses new techniques that have not been used thus far.

That is all, continue arguing amongst yourselves......(i say this with sarcasm and in good nature)


Quote:
Originally Posted by 78yankees View Post
I like how people are saying you should get opinions from people on other forums.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I'll go ahead and be candid.

The knowledge on blowout compared to net54 is like comparing pre-school to graduate school. There is no comparison.

Sean and I may have never agreed, but I couldnt agree more here!


Also OP, I see you now have the card up raw on ebay. You must be confident if you are willing to resell it and possibly be out much more money if someone else gets it graded and it comes back as Ques Auth.

Clearly I have not seen this specific card and cant offer an opinion on it, but I would not buy or sell a 52 Manlte raw and even would be careful with a PSA slabbed one. FWIW, save yourself a headache and get it graded just in case you are wrong.
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

As I've posted earlier, it will be graded. I'm waiting on some vouchers from PSA, as I'd like to use them instead of coming out of pocket. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
Sean and I may have never agreed, but I couldnt agree more here!


Also OP, I see you now have the card up raw on ebay. You must be confident if you are willing to resell it and possibly be out much more money if someone else gets it graded and it comes back as Ques Auth.

Clearly I have not seen this specific card and cant offer an opinion on it, but I would not buy or sell a 52 Manlte raw and even would be careful with a PSA slabbed one. FWIW, save yourself a headache and get it graded just in case you are wrong.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
As I've posted earlier, it will be graded. I'm waiting on some vouchers from PSA, as I'd like to use them instead of coming out of pocket. Thanks.
Mickey Mantle 1952 Topps Rookie 311 Authentic Original RC Well Centered | eBay
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

Yes, that's my auction.......?

kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencope View Post
Yes, that's my auction.......?
good luck with the sale.
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
jimssouvenirs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,543
Default

You guys are hilarious. Awesome card, Ken, SUPER jealous.
__________________
Theme of the Night: Song Lyrics
jimssouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
good luck with the sale.
Thank you, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
You guys are hilarious. Awesome card, Ken, SUPER jealous.
Agreed, and thanks.
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
lobo_hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,660
Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I'll go ahead and be candid.

The knowledge on blowout compared to net54 is like comparing pre-school to graduate school. There is no comparison.
-So you assume we can't be contributors/members on both?

Interesting.

Good luck with the sale, OP.

lobo_hacker
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Sean1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Posts: 1,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo_hacker View Post
-So you assume we can't be contributors/members on both?

Interesting.

Good luck with the sale, OP.

lobo_hacker
Don't put words in my mouth.
__________________
Purchasing collections, millions to spend.
E-mail: Sean@Seanbassikcards.com
Do you have a collection worth $10,000 or more?
CONTACT ME. CASH AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING. FLIGHTS OUT ON ONE DAYS NOTICE
Sean1125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Raymond Mississippi
Posts: 3,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo_hacker View Post
-So you assume we can't be contributors/members on both?

Interesting.

Good luck with the sale, OP.

lobo_hacker

I think he is just stating that as a whole the other boards have a higher # of knowledgable members when it comes to vintage. On average, most members on here know very little about vintage... From the majority of posts that I see, 90% of the people on here consider cards from the 80s "vintage"... Not including you in that percentage, but percentage wise, the other two forums have a much greater knowledge base.
Bradforddorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Sean1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA
Posts: 1,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradforddorman View Post
I think he is just stating that as a whole the other boards have a higher # of knowledgable members when it comes to vintage. On average, most members on here know very little about vintage... From the majority of posts that I see, 90% of the people on here consider cards from the 80s "vintage"... Not including you in that percentage, but percentage wise, the other two forums have a much greater knowledge base.
Brad put it a hell of a lot more politely than I would have.

I'm a contributor on both, I know several contributor's on both. The GENERAL knowledge on blowout is incredibly sad. The 'average' collector on net54 has as much knowledge as the 'top' collectors here on blowout.
__________________
Purchasing collections, millions to spend.
E-mail: Sean@Seanbassikcards.com
Do you have a collection worth $10,000 or more?
CONTACT ME. CASH AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING. FLIGHTS OUT ON ONE DAYS NOTICE
Sean1125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 126
Default

Is this 52 Mantle authentic? - Net54baseball.com Forums
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,112
Default

it's the same conversation in the five or more forums that people have posted this in......

Quote:
Originally Posted by picojim View Post
kencope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
harryhudini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,444
Send a message via AIM to harryhudini
Default

Awesome Awesome card...my uncle has one and I am in the will to obtain it...he's 54 so I got a long ways to go
harryhudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.