Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > VINTAGE BUY/SELL/TRADE

VINTAGE BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your Vintage Buy/Sell/Trade needs here. (pre 1980's)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

The last one sold at auction for nearly $400 and took one more out of circulation. It also went low, as collectors of the 1971 Topps set surely know.

PSA cert number is 21509127

I have this listed on eBay right now for $525. Will offer it here for $470 delivered.

For sale only; I'll break up the lot if I have to but I'd prefer to sell them together and let one of you resell the card you don't want for a profit.

Was asking $950 for 3. Now asking $700 for the remaining slabbed Mantles.

1960 Topps Mickey Mantle #350 Raw. Looks to me like a 6 or 7; good centering, very nice corners. Only blemishes are fuzziness in front photo and a small rub mark in the red full shot on the left, just behind the knee / calf. - $OLD

1961 Topps Mickey Mantle #300 graded PSA 7 NM

1961 Topps Mickey Mantle MVP #475 graded PSA 7 NM

please note interest in the comments.

Thanks for looking

I'll break these up if I have to but that would change the pricing.

Asking $375 OBO

1964 Topps #200 graded PSA 8 NM-MT

1960 Topps #343 RAW. Looks to me like a 7 with a chance at 8. Slight off-center; nice corners; very clean surface front and back.

Thanks for looking

Will break these up if I have to but would prefer not to. Both of these are tough finds in the graded condition.

Asking $675

1959 Topps #387 graded PSA 9 Mint

1969 Topps Super #46 (66 card set) graded PSA 10 Gem Mint

Thanks for looking.

Selling these together only.

Asking $225

1965 Topps Hank Aaron RAW. Looks like a 6 or 7.

1967 Topps Hank Aaron RAW. This looks like it could be an 8 or even a 9 OC.

Thanks for looking.

I can sell these separately, so I'll list the prices as a lot and individually.

For the pair, asking $575

1955 Topps RC #124 RAW. This is most likely a 7 or an 8. I haven't graded vintage cards to date -- because I use Beckett mostly for contemporary auto cards -- but this one has a clean surface, good centering, and only minor fraying/chipping/rounding on the corners. -- $325

1956 Topps #164 RAW. This one looks like a 7 or an 8 as well, with only very minor frays/chips on the corners. If I had to predict, I'd say this one has the better chance at an 8 than the 1955. $300

Thanks for looking.

Very nice example of this card, #477. Slightly OC, with OC back, but otherwise very nice. I'd say this grades out at an 7 or 8.

Asking $300 OBO

Thanks for looking.

1969 Topps #260.

I'm not a grader, but this looks very nice, probably an 8, with the only ding being very minor chipping in the lower left and upper right corners. Excellent centering both front and back. Could maybe even pull an 8.5

Asking $550

Thanks for looking.

Shipley and Renfroe Rainbows completed in 9.5/10 or better. I'm interested now in the Dustin Peterson rainbow. I need the super. Anyone out there know who has it?

Last edited by iluvfish2; 09-30-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: merged threads
proteinwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nice cards man.. Tempting
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

the 60 sold. The other two remain and the lot price has been adjusted

Great price on these. 2 Aarons for less than the price of a single A prospect in Chrome Gold.

Back to the top

To the top.

In case you vintage collectors didn't notice, that 64 Koufax? It's an 8.

What kind of vintage stuff do guys on this particular forum collect?

To the top for the MINT Drysdales

To the top for Killer's first two Topps cards

What, no Fritz Ackley fans?

To the top.

Shipley and Renfroe Rainbows completed in 9.5/10 or better. I'm interested now in the Dustin Peterson rainbow. I need the super. Anyone out there know who has it?

Last edited by iluvfish2; 09-30-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: threads / posts merged
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

-Just a word of advice, next time try not being a pixel hog with all these one-two card threads. From the forums rules:

""Keep the clutter to a minimum. If you have multiple items for sale, try to keep it to a minimum of threads. Excessive threads will be deleted or merged.""

Thanks, GLWS.

lobo_hacker
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

I put up lots for various players. That isn't clutter. It's organization. I don't know what a "pixel hog" is, but I suspect it's something that really irks you. Wish I could help that, but evidently you can't please everyone.

Thanks for the tip though.

If the moderators want to merge threads of different lots, I'll simply pull the lots and post them somewhere else.

It always astounds me how many people on forums like these complain about having sale stuff to look at. I mean, you're here to look at the cards, right? So why are you citing forum rules about "clutter" when the cards were divided up in a perfectly rational way for you to consider? Are you really offended? Does my choice to divide the cards up this way cause you some harm -- to the point that you felt the need to chime in about my offerings to this community?

I guess I'll just take them to eBay.

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 09-30-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think it irks him, I think he wants everyone to have a fair chance.

I refrained from saying something and lobo is someone I have never agreed with but this is MORE than clutter. This is absolutely absurd. I hope they remove every post but one. Go to e-bay, that isn't a threat that is a gift to the forums.

Here is a Reggie 8 I sold fairly recently.

Yours is a 7 at best, it is tilted and the corners are not sharp (or why can't you use a scanner instead of a poor picture if they do appear sharp in person?)

You would think with the 10's of thousands of dollars of cards you list on e-bay that you could invest $80 into a CCD scanner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Topps-2...-/271253644432

Last edited by Sean1125; 09-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Sean1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to JORDANForever

sweet card look good in my vintage pc wish i had the money
JORDANForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Location: From Boston but married southern bell so I'm stuck in Nashville
Default This..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I don't think it irks him, I think he wants everyone to have a fair chance.

I refrained from saying something and lobo is someone I have never agreed with but this is MORE than clutter. This is absolutely absurd. I hope they remove every post but one. Go to e-bay, that isn't a threat that is a gift to the forums.

Here is a Reggie 8 I sold fairly recently.

Yours is a 7 at best, it is tilted and the corners are not sharp (or why can't you use a scanner instead of a poor picture if they do appear sharp in person?)

You would think with the 10's of thousands of dollars of cards you list on e-bay that you could invest $80 into a CCD scanner.

1969 Topps 260 Reggie Jackson Athletics PSA 8 NM MT | eBay
Could not agree more
Well said Sean
Mikegioseffi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

pm me a price on the 61 mantle
chippv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Close the thread please. Cards are not for sale here.

Incidentally, scanners miss creases, hide indentations, etc. because of the flat light source.

The pics come from a high def camera.

Congrats. You've pissed in a corner and marked your territory. I'll go elsewhere.

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 10-01-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

since the thread is now closed, is it ok to threadcrap now? I want to sooooo bad
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

jeez some people get their butt hurt so easily
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #13 (permalink)

again...since the thread is closed and he isnt going to sell on here:

""The last one sold at auction for nearly $400 and took one more out of circulation. It also went low, as collectors of the 1971 Topps set surely know.

I have this listed on eBay right now for $525. Will offer it here for $470 delivered.""

So last one sold for"NEARLY" $400. It in fact sold for $380. Why is $470 then good price? answer is its not. In fact the 4 sales in 2013 recorded for this card are 380, 404, 426 and 276. Anyone want to guess what the PSA cert number on the card someone bought for $426 was? Ill give you a clue...you can find it on this thread.

Anyone can ask whatever they want for cards on this board or on ebay, but asking way over market and getting mad when people ask you to follow the board rules makes you looks silly.

Rant over...feel free to move on.
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
again...since the thread is closed and he isnt going to sell on here:

""The last one sold at auction for nearly $400 and took one more out of circulation. It also went low, as collectors of the 1971 Topps set surely know.

I have this listed on eBay right now for $525. Will offer it here for $470 delivered.""

So last one sold for"NEARLY" $400. It in fact sold for $380. Why is $470 then good price? answer is its not. In fact the 4 sales in 2013 recorded for this card are 380, 404, 426 and 276. Anyone want to guess what the PSA cert number on the card someone bought for $426 was? Ill give you a clue...you can find it on this thread.

Anyone can ask whatever they want for cards on this board or on ebay, but asking way over market and getting mad when people ask you to follow the board rules makes you looks silly.

Rant over...feel free to move on.
great point. hate when members dont think rules apply to them because they have high end cards
HOFcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yes. My goal was always to prove myself above forum law and never to offer individual player lots for sale. You *totally* nailed me. Great work, Columbo!

And you're right: $380 is nowhere NEAR $400, and of course, if someone uncovers that GOTCHA moment where they find what you paid, you're compelled to sell at your cost! Because it's not like the numbers are limited, or cards disappear into personal collections depleting supply and increasing demand.

But thanks for allowing that it's the prerogative of those WITH the cards to ask what they want. And as a corrolary? I'll note that it's those who DONT have the card who screech like little entitled Marxists.

Here's a pro tip: don't like the price? Don't buy. But complaining about it is like my complaining that your wife is nowhere near sufficiently hot enough that I have to pay for play with her.

Also, this isn't a thread for a Reggie Jackson rookie. I asked that it be removed. The moderators managed to commingle it. Can't they remove it just as easily, or is the idea that I'm to sit here and take abuse for my violation of the laws of the island?

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 10-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lobo_hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteinwisdom View Post

Also, this isn't a thread for a Reggie Jackson rookie. I asked that it be removed. The moderators managed to commingle it. Can't they remove it just as easily, or is the idea that I'm to sit here and take abuse for my violation of the laws of the island?
-PM 'fish instead of just posting the request for removal in the thread. They should be able to accommodate that i would hope.

lobo_hacker
lobo_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
MPS

PM sent on the remaining mantles.
MPS is offline   Reply With Quote