Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > VINTAGE

VINTAGE Post your Vintage Cards Hobby Talk (pre-1980's)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Couple of My Favorite Vintage & A Couple Questions

So happy that there is finally a vintage section.
I'm going to post a couple of my vintage to see what people think. I'm getting tired of all the newer stuff and beginning to think that vintage is the way to go. The cards that I' m showing below are going to be sent out to be graded, and I think I'm going to use Beckett.....can I send vintage and current stuff to be graded together, or since there is a difference between BGS and BVG do I have to send separately.
Also, the third card below has sharp corners, a great surface and edges, but the centering is clearly a major issue......is it worth grading or am I better off keeping it raw?
Here are a couple of my favorites....

Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Really nice cards of some of the icons.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you plan on keeping them, don't bother to get them graded. They look much nicer raw than in a holder.
mfw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
If you plan on keeping them, don't bother to get them graded. They look much nicer raw than in a holder.
I agree with this for the most part. Of those 3, the Yaz RC would be the only one I would say should absolutely be graded if for nothing else, just the authenticity reason. Assuming the card is problem free(no creases,no alterations,etc) you are probably looking at a grade of EX(5) to EX+(5.5/6). Maybe better than that, just can't really see it well with the scan provided. The centering looks outstanding! Very very nice. Congrats. Let us know what you decide to do!
Hallco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Recommend PSA for vintage

Hello, the Yaz looks nice. I have had several of them in the past. They are usually plagued with black print defects on front surface. It is always a good idea to get a card graded, even if you are going to keep it. It may have been trimmed at one point, or even restored, which you don't want. PSA does a good job and most certainly realizes much more value out of the top three grading outfits. Beware, grading is surely not a science and can be quite frustrating if you don't know how to thoroughly preview your choice vintage cards before submitting. I have been using PSA for almost 10 years now. Beckett sucks for vintage.
appraisemycards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

My opinion is BVG is just as good of a service(if not better) their is a million reasons to like or hate either one. im not starting a feud or an argument on here. just stating an opinion and if you would like a chance to get them graded for cheap hit me up via pm as my group submission is about full(and it saves everyone a bunch of money)