Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > VINTAGE

VINTAGE Post your Vintage Cards Hobby Talk (pre-1980's)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New collection focus? ideas?

Okay, thought I'd post this here, as it relates more to vintage then the other forum IMO.
I was thinking of starting a new focus, that IMO does not break the bank. I am sure people do this but not in stages. It is me going for a HOF rookie card collection.
BUT, in order for me to save money, I am thinking of starting at 1957 and going to present. Now, there is the big 3 in the 1954 and a few other big ones in 1955, I may go down to 1953, but not until I complete 1957 to present. Anybody do this? I guess you could always go from 1970 to present too. I also will be trying to pick up lower to mid grade, as well. unless it is post 1970.

Another idea is to collect 1 card of every hall of famer since 1952 topps. I already have a good start on this already as I have a few complete sets from the 1970's, but with cards of T.Williams, S.Paige, and J.Robinson this will likely be costly too, but maybe not like above. (already have Berra, Musial, Koufax base cards)

Just wondering what other ideas, I could go for, I've also heard of collecting the MVP and cy young winners of each topps year as well.
cndbbfan is offline   Reply With Quote