Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > VINTAGE

VINTAGE Post your Vintage Cards Hobby Talk (pre-1980's)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Vintage PSA Grading Question. Is it worth it for these?

Okay Guys,
I am in charge of selling my friend's Childhood Collection, Below are some scans of a few of the really nice cards (Front and back). I'll upload a few more scans as I get them scanned in.
Our Question is, Would it be financially a good Idea to get these ones below graded Before I sell them?

I'm not too keen on differences between the grades, so I am having trouble determining what they would grade for.
If you have an Idea as too what these each should grade for, It would me much appreciated if you could share your opinion with me.

Or a simple explanation as too whether you think it would be worth it to get the specific cards below graded.

Another question of mine would be, What Grade must the card obtain in order to make the grading worth while as opposed to just selling it raw.

-Any Help is Much Appreciated!
Thanks!

I am bcct12 on FeeBay (330+ feedback 100%)
I am bcct12 Sports on SCF (60+ feeback 100%)
gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

oh wow, i would absolutely get all of those graded... if you haven't joined PSA's collector's club yet, you get 7 free grades for $115, and 15 free for $189... at least that was last year's prices when i joined. and the initial submissions are all 7-day, so you'll get them back quick at least... if you ever do more of the monthly specials in the future, they'll take 2+ months on those at least. i'd say all of those except maybe the jackie robinson are 6 or higher, the mantle looks like a solid 7. and anything in that area will draw a lot more money than raw. for vintage that old, only really low grades bring in less than raw, and i don't think yours are beat up enough to get there. i say do it and good luck! (p.s. i want that mantle and koufax! drool!)
charnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wow man. Those are beauties. Slab them ASAP! That Mantle was the reason I got into card collecting. First card I got when I was 10 years old from my cousins boyfriend who was getting rid of his cards. Always love that card. Wish mine was that nice!
iowadoc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

WOW!!!! That Robison, ouch!