Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default new user from nc

hey all. i'm Jake, and i'm saying hi from the heart of pirate nation (the east carolina university pirates that is, not mccutchen's crew). ive been buying cards since i could walk, though hoarding is probably a better term, since my brother and i would recycle cans and bottles just to have 75 cents to get the donruss and topps wax packs with gum in them.
i have been in love with the Braves since watching the third game of the '95 Series on a 9" b/w tv with my grandpa. i despise the Mets (though they have proven time and time again that they are not a threat), have utter disdain for the Pinstripers, and loathe with an indescribable passion that team from Philly.

Brian McCann has been my favorite player for quite a while, and i am probably more obsessed with him than any married 23 year-old should be. i have the same strange attraction to Denny Hamlin, and luckily my better half is OK with both.

i dont know much about true collecting (as opposed to the buying mentioned above), and am sure i'll ask plenty of dumb questions, but i learn quick, have a healthy sense of humor, and am fluent in sarcasm.
i look forward to an interesting new experience in collecting with you guys/gals, thanks in advance!
jakeytehpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeytehpirate View Post
hey all. i'm Jake, and i'm saying hi from the heart of pirate nation (the east carolina university pirates that is, not mccutchen's crew). ive been buying cards since i could walk, though hoarding is probably a better term, since my brother and i would recycle cans and bottles just to have 75 cents to get the donruss and topps wax packs with gum in them.
i have been in love with the Braves since watching the third game of the '95 Series on a 9" b/w tv with my grandpa. i despise the Mets (though they have proven time and time again that they are not a threat), have utter disdain for the Pinstripers, and loathe with an indescribable passion that team from Philly.

Brian McCann has been my favorite player for quite a while, and i am probably more obsessed with him than any married 23 year-old should be. i have the same strange attraction to Denny Hamlin, and luckily my better half is OK with both.

i dont know much about true collecting (as opposed to the buying mentioned above), and am sure i'll ask plenty of dumb questions, but i learn quick, have a healthy sense of humor, and am fluent in sarcasm.
i look forward to an interesting new experience in collecting with you guys/gals, thanks in advance!
Glad to have another Braves fan on the board (i'm sure the McCann collectors may think otherwise though) I'm from close to Greenville.... SC, though. PM me if you ever have any questions!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome to the forums.
Old 07-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)

don't see why you'de be a McCann collector and NOT a Braves fan, as he's pretty much taken over Chipper as the face of the franchise...
jakeytehpirate is offline   Reply With Quote