Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Member from Florida

Ive been collecting for 20 years, but I am new to Blowout. I collect most Braves players. I havent busted any wax in a few years, but I have seen some of the product this year, and I am looking forward to buying a couple cases.
Holdemk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome! Also from Florida.

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Welcome Florida!! what part?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im in west palm/boynton area
Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Welcome to BO. We are you joined up!
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome to Blowout.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

thank you!!
Old 09-25-2011, 01:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdemk9 View Post
Im in west palm/boynton area
I just moved to Virginia from Lake Worth. I pretty much lived there my entire life.
FunnyBoxBreak20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

I used to live in Palm Beach in the Wellington area for about 10 years. Now I live in Coral Springs (About 20 minutes south of you guys). Nice to see some more locals!

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I used to live in Palm Beach in the Wellington area for about 10 years. Now I live in Coral Springs (About 20 minutes south of you guys). Nice to see some more locals!
I use to work in Coral Springs. Off Lyons & Express Way @ ServPro. Loved that area!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

When I was a child my sister's softball all star team played in Coral Springs I alway remember it because the outfield fences were that orange, thick plastic stuff. I believe the fields are still there with the orange plastic stuff fences.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Are there any good card shops in south florida? I stopped buying local when the shop near me closed. I dont know of any other shops.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Are there any good card shops in south florida? I stopped buying local when the shop near me closed. I dont know of any other shops.
My friend rich had a shop on Military and 10th Ave in Lake Worth but I am pretty sure he isn't there anymore.

There is a place that had very little wax in Jupiter by Roger Dean Stadium but they sell boxes per pack (ie they sell a pack for 4.99 and there are 24 packs per box the box will cost you $119.76. I hate when shops do that but if there are people that will pay for it than they will keep doing it.)

I heard about a place on fort lauderdale but I never drove down there to check it out.

South Florida is an awful place for the hobby. I find it humorous that South Florida has 4 major sports teams and 0 hobby presents and Now I am in Richmond, VA with no major sports teams and there are 3 or 4 stores that sell cards. (even thought from what I have gathered 2 of them suck something AWFUL)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyBoxBreak20 View Post
My friend rich had a shop on Military and 10th Ave in Lake Worth but I am pretty sure he isn't there anymore.

There is a place that had very little wax in Jupiter by Roger Dean Stadium but they sell boxes per pack (ie they sell a pack for 4.99 and there are 24 packs per box the box will cost you $119.76. I hate when shops do that but if there are people that will pay for it than they will keep doing it.)

I heard about a place on fort lauderdale but I never drove down there to check it out.

South Florida is an awful place for the hobby. I find it humorous that South Florida has 4 major sports teams and 0 hobby presents and Now I am in Richmond, VA with no major sports teams and there are 3 or 4 stores that sell cards. (even thought from what I have gathered 2 of them suck something AWFUL)

Yeah I live in the Tampa area. There is a shop down on West Hillsborough called the Baseball Club Card house. They have some all right stuff. Then there is Heroes Haven on N Dale Mabry. Other than that, most of the card shops dried up in the early 2000's. I do love getting cheap wax online, but you feel disconnected from others. Miss hanging out at the LCS.
Karrscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrscards View Post
Yeah I live in the Tampa area. There is a shop down on West Hillsborough called the Baseball Club Card house. They have some all right stuff. Then there is Heroes Haven on N Dale Mabry. Other than that, most of the card shops dried up in the early 2000's. I do love getting cheap wax online, but you feel disconnected from others. Miss hanging out at the LCS.
Growing up in the 80s and early 90s there were three shops within 10 miles of my house and I used to spend every weekend at them when I wasn't playing baseball. OH THE GOODOL' DAYS!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Welcome

There are a couple shops down here in Miami. My lcs Bases Loaded on U.S. 1 and Dadeland Blvd. Next to Shorty's BBQ. They have all year's of wax. Plus Jersey's,Autoed Lito's. Singles of every sport. There are a couple more scattered around. But they only have current product. They Do have a Show the first Saturday of every Month at Dania Jai-Ala. Free parking and entry. Mostly older Baseball from what I hear. Have the link somewhere. Will have to look for it.
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyBoxBreak20 View Post

I remember that shop. Sands Sports Cards. I was in there all the time. Rich hasnt been there in 7-8 years. And the people that bought it ran it into the ground. I have yet to find a shop I like since. I do most of my buying online or when I am on vacation.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I remember that shop. Sands Sports Cards. I was in there all the time. Rich hasnt been there in 7-8 years. And the people that bought it ran it into the ground. I have yet to find a shop I like since. I do most of my buying online or when I am on vacation.
AMEN BRUDDA!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #19 (permalink)

Check out Bud's Sports Cards located off of Oakland Park just east of Dixie Highway. Prices are a little above avg. But when you become a regular and get to know Larry and Chris they will work with you. They carry all 4 major sports and other non-sports stuff. The Dania Jai-ala show is pretty fun to go to. Plus Jai-ala isfun to watch and they have poker tables in there. Doesn't cost anything to go and there's a guy there with cheap wax. Usually about 8-10 vendors that carry all sports but there are 2 guys who have some of the rarest and oldest cards. Any questions just ask.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. I am going to check out the Dania Jai-ala show. Little bit of a drive. But worth checking out at least once.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

I think its not this weekend but the on after next.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Lots from Florida coming in from the past few days LOL, welcome!
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote