Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to scott112776
Default New Member

Hello everyone, I have been an avid follower of the forum and finally made the jump to join in. Lots of great insight and straight shooting on current products, and unlike the Beckett boards, I can read these threads and not get a migraine from reading all the gibberish!! LOL I have collected baseball cards since 1987, and I'm a die-hard (and loooong suffering) Cubs fan, ever since the days when our minor-league team in Winston-Salem, NC was a Class A farm team for the Cubbies. (Even though he never played here, longtime Cub Mark Grace was born here)

I have been selling for about the last year or so, and bought multiple cases for the first time last month with 3 cases of 2007 Turkey Red. So far it looks like I will make back what I spent on 2 of the 3 cases, and fall short on the 3rd. Did anybody have any success with Turkey Red? I am also debating what to try next...was thinking about Bowman Heritage, but from what I have read on here it looks like it may be wise to pass. Topps Sterling looks intriguing but it seems quite risky given the price. Would love to hear input on both of those products, and thoughts on any upcoming baseball releases that look like they may be winners to you. Thank you and I look forward to being an active member of this forum!!

--Scott
scott112776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

welcome!
iluvfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hello......... Bowman Chrome Football might be a nice product to do 3-4 cases of.......

moderate price point, lots of parallels and an easy sort for set building. plus, you can trade with members on this board to complete sets.
go_steelers07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Welcome, I feel your pain as a life long cubs fan myself. If you are selling seperate cards from Turkey Red check out my needs post because I am willing to pay, but would rather buy from someone on the board. This might help you towards atleast breaking even on your third case.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
Hello......... Bowman Chrome Football might be a nice product to do 3-4 cases of.......

moderate price point, lots of parallels and an easy sort for set building. plus, you can trade with members on this board to complete sets.
I was looking at the sell sheet for BC, looks like the Auto lineup in the Signature Series is pretty stout along with all the Rookie Autos. I'm also intrigued by the fact there are no relics in this set. In an odd way it's a bit refreshing given all the cheap-o bat and jersey cards that come out of a lot of the baseball issues (esp. the Turkey Reds I just ripped last month). I've never dabbled in football but this looks like it could be a very good product to get my feet wet. Thank you for the recommendation!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Bowman Chrome has never had game used cards that I am aware of. Also, there aren't too many (if any) insert sets so like go_steelers said, the set building is pretty easy.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Bowman Chrome has never had game used cards that I am aware of. Also, there aren't too many (if any) insert sets so like go_steelers said, the set building is pretty easy.
Yep no insert sets, just 7 different Refractor parallels, 6 of which are numbered to 1, 5, 25, 50, 150, and 250, plus the Autos, Printing Plates, and Rookie Uncirculated Box Toppers, so I'm leaning more and more towards taking a shot at this one. I like that Bowman Chrome seems to keep it simple, without umpteen insert sets, makes it much easier to figure out what you've pulled.