Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Newbie to the site, rediscovery of lost passion

Hello Forum,
Until about 6 months ago, I hadn't bought a package of sports or non-sports cards since about 1993. I'm almost 31 now.
I've held onto my collection of sports cards since that time and was inspired to continue the hobby after looking through them and finding some gems. The last decent card I snagged was a redemption of a 1992 Front Row Gold Foil Derek Jeter draft card. I got the redemption from a can of shredded beef jerky and they sent it to me like 6 months later.
I'd forgot about the excitement associated with the pursuit of cards and the game has significantly been kicked up a notch considering the swag you can pull out of hobby boxes like memorabilia, autographs or short run serial numbered cards.
The last Beckett I looked through was at a local hometown card shop, and these places are really scarce nowadays. The internet has definitely changed the way cards are cataloged and distributed, but has taken away the "essence of card camaraderie" for me. I feel like I'm a loner taking on this new, old hobby, but I'm starting to get my kids involved in the hobby.
It seems a little harder for the kiddos to grasp at the moment, but I think eventually they'll come around. I think it'll help them develop some responsibility in their lives too.
Cards clubs, shops or tight a knit group of fellow collectors who meet up and chat and share the hobby would be ideal, but I don't have that option in my fast paced life now. So that's why I'm here, to stay informed share my new experiences and have fun.

Thanks all,
Will Diggity
willdiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to BO! I was in the same place as you a few years ago and I really enjoy collecting the new stuff these days! Good luck and enjoy this great hobby!
crow085723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

No Diggity.

Welcome to the forum sir.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

welcome to BO forums
kwitt399 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

WELCOME!!!!! The kid inside me won me over once again last year and I am collecting too. Times have come along way from 25 cents a pack to as high as $600. Couldn't do this as a kid lol.

Best of luck collecting. May all you hits be monsters!
gonzo126 is offline   Reply With Quote