Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Red face A Sincere Appology:

Hi guys. I wanted to come onto Blowoutcards.com/forums and give a sincere appology to the rest of you guys. Let me explain..

I am new the card and memorabilia collecting. I started collecting around april of last year. Through this time I have spent so much money I dont even know which way to turn (who hasnt really?!). I recently became a board member and I think I brushed some people wrongly. Thats not my nature at all.

I am a sincere person. I try my best to help everyone out no matter if you bit my hand previously. I recently made a thread asking if there was a certain spot a company would put the "good" box in a case. I explained the reason I was asking was because a local shop near my house always opens cases and tells me to take whichever box I wanted (I am paying for the box of course) and I just wanted to better my chances at picking the better of the lot. I did not realize this would be "cheating" and looked down upon. I had a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that people thought I was trying to defraud someone. I am the furthest thing from that. So I spiritedly tried to defend myself but as the night went on and I slept on it some more, I came to the realization what others were trying to explain to me. It IS cheating even if i am not reselling the box or a case. I dont sell boxes or cases and never will but thats not the point. It would be taking away from the next guy and THATS what I wasnt realizing. I do now though. I appologize for anyone I argued with. Sincerely.

I would also like to bring up another issue I came across and want to appologize about. I had a PM conversation with someone about a card I was selling. I am new to this so I really dont know what things are worth or whatnot. Anyways, the person offers me a price on a card I was considering selling. At first it seemed like a decent price. I PM'ed him/her and said depending on your location for shipping purposes I would except that deal. Within an hour or less I had not received a message back and I went on to ebay to find out the card sold for much more than the person had offered me. Since they did not respond to me yet and TECHNICALLY I didnt agree cause I wasnt sure about the shipping issue, I immediately sent a message to the person and said I was going to put the card on ebay and if they wanted to, they were more than able to bid on the item. A little while past and they responded to me quite bluntly and upset. They said I was reneg'ing on the deal. I tried to explain to them that technically I did not except the deal cause I wasnt sure if i was shipping the card to United States or it could have been to Australia for all I knew. I also tried to point out that they did not respond and I went another direction. Well, needless to say the person was not happy with me at all. I felt that I was within my right to go the opposite direction because I said I would except the deal depending on the shipping location. An hour passed and no answer and I immediately PM'ed back and told them I was going another direction.
Well, I would like to appologize to THAT individual as well. They seemed very upset and I didnt come on this site to anger anyone. Thats not my intention and it will never BE my attention. So as a olive branch to the Blowoutcards.com/forums crew, from my family to yours, I appologize for the recent actions and I look forward to learning from you and your staff about this great hobby and I cant wait to share my cards with you and see your cards as well.

I am sincere in my appologies and will prove it to you in my posts from here on out.

Sincerely,

Steve
gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is fair brother... We are all here for community and fun. I hope you are welcomed with open arms. Look forward to talking with you in the future.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you ever need any help, or have questions about anything. Before you get mad, send a pm over to lemur01. He gets around the hobby pretty well.

Plus he has no job so he is here quite a lot!
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Takes a real man to apologize. Might I advise that you think about these things before you post them... there are some real sharks around here (and I can play the role myself in some cases).

As far as the deals go... do your homework before you post things my man. You'll realize after a while here that almost everyone here is obsessed with getting the best deal. Once they start to think a card is "theirs", even if you haven't sold in your mind, they get whiny when they find out they actually didn't get it.

Now, sometimes the above is their fault, because people need to learn how to return their PMs. But, the feedback left can be warranted. If you right the ship with all this stuff, you will become a great member in no time. Be prepared to ship first on some trades for awhile.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's all good buddy, you're starting anew. Good luck on these forums; they're a great place!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

It's all good buddy!!!
Georgia Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've had two or three deals completed with this member, he's a good guy.

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Well, Steve, if you were referring to our supposed deal with your fourth paragraph, it really didn't happen the way you explained. If you had a similar shipping "situation" with someone else, then you're 0-2 in knowing where to get your information. I offered a more than fair price, based on the going rate for the Ackley Tier One base at the time...

I read through the peeing match you had about finding the loaded box, and didn't jump in, but it made sense at the time, based on the PM convo we had, that you wouldn't "get it."

Cooler heads should and will always prevail. You clearly lost yours, apology or not.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Thank you to all the members. It did not sit with me well last night and I had to appologize. I just dont operate that way.

Thank you for understanding everything and letting me start anew.

And Rick, thank you for the feedback. You are a great man to deal with. I am searching my house for any other electronic device I am not using! LOL You take wifes by any chance?! LOL

P.S. I put up a bunch of my higher end cards on ebay if you guys want to check out the ebay section. I dont want to break any violations so I wont link you to there or to the auctions here.

If you just want to check out pictures, each thread has some pictures of the cards. If your anything like me, I love to just look at others cards! lol
Old 11-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Well, Steve, if you were referring to our supposed deal with your fourth paragraph, it really didn't happen the way you explained. If you had a similar shipping "situation" with someone else, then you're 0-2 in knowing where to get your information. I offered a more than fair price, based on the going rate for the Ackley Tier One base at the time...

I read through the peeing match you had about finding the loaded box, and didn't jump in, but it made sense at the time, based on the PM convo we had, that you wouldn't "get it."

Cooler heads should and will always prevail. You clearly lost yours, apology or not.
Maybe you can post the pm's so we can see how it went down?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
Thank you to all the members. It did not sit with me well last night and I had to appologize. I just dont operate that way.

Thank you for understanding everything and letting me start anew.

And Rick, thank you for the feedback. You are a great man to deal with. I am searching my house for any other electronic device I am not using! LOL You take wifes by any chance?! LOL

P.S. I put up a bunch of my higher end cards on ebay if you guys want to check out the ebay section. I dont want to break any violations so I wont link you to there or to the auctions here.

If you just want to check out pictures, each thread has some pictures of the cards. If your anything like me, I love to just look at others cards! lol
Hey bud, here's a tip, go to your user cp and add an ebay link to below your name on the left side of your posts.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

thank you very much!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
If you ever need any help, or have questions about anything. Before you get mad, send a pm over to lemur01. He gets around the hobby pretty well.

Plus he has no job so he is here quite a lot!
You will pay for this!!!!!!!!

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe you can post the pm's so we can see how it went down?
I delete my pm's regularly, but am definitely certain of our conversation. No worries, though, you are now and will remain on my "do not be disturbed by" list.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Ok. Sorry you feel that way. I wish I could make it right by you. But I understand your reasoning (sort of) and I will respect the "do not disturb you" comment.

I wish you a happy and healthy holidays anyways! :cheers:
Old 11-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I would say that you need to be honest in your pm communication. I mean you no offense, but if you are going to start anew or fresh, this is one of your best places to start.

houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Dont sweat it man. Some people here can be complete A--holes but for the most people are pretty cool and its a great place to be a part of and you can learn a lot. Ill tell you 2 things though, always know your prices before you quote somebody and whenever you send anything, use delivery confirmation even if its a $5 card. Welcome to the site and good luck with everything
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

TLDR........
Old 11-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

I dont know what TLDR means

But the guy about the PM's will not stop harassing me. You can see his harassment here: F/S: 2011-2012 Parkhurst Guy Lafleur Autograph scroll down a few posts and you will see
Old 11-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

is there a way to get this person to STOP posting in my for sale threads with nothing but negative things to say? He is obviously harassing me. I am trying to go about this the most diplomatic way possible. I asked them to stop. They refuse.

Is there something else I can do to get them to stop harrassing me and speaking lies?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
is there a way to get this person to STOP posting in my for sale threads with nothing but negative things to say? He is obviously harassing me. I am trying to go about this the most diplomatic way possible. I asked them to stop. They refuse.

Is there something else I can do to get them to stop harrassing me and speaking lies?
No but you can go under your user cP & put them on your ignore list, other than that trolls will troll & try to deter others from dealing with you!!
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Never apologize! If some pansy ass sumbitch can't deal with ya as ya are, well #@#@#@#@ em!