Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just wanted to say hello

I am new to this form and I want to introduce myself....I am more of a prospector and I love to bust boxes of cards

I use to bust cases but that change when I started to have children and I am ok with that.

I have been in and out of the hobby for about 20 years now.My biggest pulls where Ernie Banks Topps auto and a John Elway Elite auto.

My daughter likes to help me open packs and she has fun doing it.

I just ordered 2 boxes of 2011 BDP from Blowout and I should have them on either Thursday or Friday.

Take Care
refuse24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome! It's good to have you here. Sounds like you are going to be a good member of the hobby community here. I always love it when people get there kid's involved, I'm a college kid so I don't have kids of my own yet, but I'm excited to start getting my little seven year old brother more involved in my collecting.

Can't wait to here what you get in your BDPP boxes. Please share.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscards View Post
Welcome! It's good to have you here. Sounds like you are going to be a good member of the hobby community here. I always love it when people get there kid's involved, I'm a college kid so I don't have kids of my own yet, but I'm excited to start getting my little seven year old brother more involved in my collecting.

Can't wait to here what you get in your BDPP boxes. Please share.
Ya she loves opening the packs,All she says is,Daddy I will be very careful and she repeats that untill there open.

Not bad for only be 4 years old.

Sure will post my results.

I usually don't pull anything BIG,But I am ok with that because my daughter and I have fun .
Old 04-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow I guess my boxes will be hear tomorrow....Didn't expect that to happen.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Welcome! I can't wait until my 13-month old son can understand enough to come with me to the LCS to pick stuff out to open. Good luck with your break tomorrow!
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Welcome aboard and good luck with your box breaks
edclay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Welcome! I can't wait until my 13-month old son can understand enough to come with me to the LCS to pick stuff out to open. Good luck with your break tomorrow!
She knows that I will give her all the base and non rookie chrome cards to play with and that's another reason she likes to help
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Good luck with your break. Nothing better than opening cards and spending time with your kids. IMO, that is what this hobby is all about!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hopefully she brings you good luck like my five year old did. He pulled a Gerrit Cole Bowman Wrapper Redemption /25 auto and a Ichiro Red 1/1 from Valiant. He pulls all the good stuff with my money, go figure.

Last edited by mscoon1; 04-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.
mscoon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Sure about that one? Hahaha...my son is 6 today and he is a card shark. Walks into the LCS asking about new releases, sales, etc. He even takes his Mom in there because he knows exactly what to buy and for how much. It definitely is fun but kids are very fast learners and instead of having one person in the house with a wax busting itch you will have two. Very fun but he is definitely my card enabler...in a good way of course.
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote