Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New guy from Kansas City.

Hey everyone, my name is Kevin. I have been selling on ebay for awhile and have a decent feedback of 640. It looks like on 6/1 I will get the coveted Top-Rated Seller status...hope it helps as I really need it.

To get down to brass tax, I am recently unemployed and am looking to unload the rest of my inventory. I have about $2K of debt I am trying to get out of this summer and my cards are my best source of income right now. Did I also mention I am in the process of losing almost 200 lbs...I am 90 down and have 110 to go! Lot of life change happening.

The best of my inventory goes like this:
780 cards all of which are $4-$30 (almost all football/baseball) - These total almost exactly $5000 in condition-based BV. I am pretty realistic and would like to sell this group for 20-25% of book...or about $900-1200.

I know the industry is full of mostly people buying to re-sell, but am wanting advice...or even buyers. Is 20% even realistic on these? It stinks that I am getting TRS status on ebay just as all this is going down. I really don't have the capital to put these on there so I am hoping that some here would want to buy.

My other inventory consists of about 7,000 baseball/football cards that are all $1-$3. The total value on these is about $11,000. I would move these for less than 10% of book...somewhere around eight percent.

What does everyone think?
kca741979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like you have a ton of cards but it's going to be tough to get rid of the $1-$3 ones without creating some kind of lot to sell. The $4-$30 ones will sell on here I would imagine but you will need pics most likely. Maybe start off with your highest valued cards and go from there. I think a lot of people on here use photobucket.com. Which is a nice way to easily display your cards to a lot of people quick. Any A.J. Green, Andy Dalton? Or Bengals/Reds then PM me with them and prices.

Obviously you will need to post something in the marketplace on this site in order to get them going. Good luck!
Bengals/Reds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the insight. I would hope my $1-$3 would sell...eight percent of BV is insanely low.

I will PM you about Cincy cards.
kca741979 is offline   Reply With Quote