Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first*

Welcome New Members! *Read here first* Introduce Yourself and read our General Rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another new member!

I'm excited to get started, as I just re-entered the hobby for the first time since my childhood days. I'm in Columbus, OH. I collect all Penguins and Steelers cards. Still love opening packs and it's the main reason I started collecting again.

A question: What is the best way to organize/track inventory? I'd like to keep track of what I have for trades and such as well as have a way to track sales (is it possible to break even? haha). I've seen a lot of people use google docs, but I'm not really sure how to add pricing and sales. Is there a template out there? Is it better to use some organization website like zistle and export to a google doc?
Avianburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome to the site! As far as tracking inventory most ppl just use photobucket and scan all cards available for sale/trade to one bucket and some create a "gone" or "traded" bucket and just move the scan there after card is sold or traded. I highly recommend doing this because majority of ppl want to see what they are buying and a card description just isn't enough.

Document wise though I've never kept track of anything but have seen some ppl create an excel spreadsheet and keep track that way.